Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Some of our posters require a bulls--t filter.

One of Trudeau'd advisers brought up the subject and Trudeau said he would look at it.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I get what you are saying. Democracy is supported by the will of the people, the only will the people have is to complain about the government.

To me it should be a duty to vote.

It is a duty to vote, but it shouldn't be mandatory.

Personally, I give more weight to the complains of someone
(about the gov't) who bothered to get of their couch and go to
the polls than I do to someone who couldn't be bothered to vote
and yet snivels about the results.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Canadian economy and culture and currency is 80% American, but the elected in Canada, according to you, are superior ethical prodigy. How is this purity instilled in our honorable members of Parliament?

Good morning db (It's still morning out here on the flat lands).

I think caps (I believe it's a max of $1,100.00 per person or
company....or something along those lines) on political
donations helps in Canada. It's pretty hard to purchase (or
at least rent for a while) a politician's soul for $1,100 bucks.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think everyone should vote. Parties arguing in the House is part of the process
compromise comes from a great argument and debate. The negative campaigns
are part of the system except the present government has taken them to a new
low and stays in election mode polarizing the country. The time to go after this
government is soon with all the stuff they pulled off it should be a great verbal
light show. I'm for anyone but Harper.

Why should we vote? The game will not change with new elected servants of wealth. If you could point to a Canadian election in the last 60 years where these replacement ministers deviated from the banker agenda by as much as a comma, I would like to hear of it.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Why should we vote? The game will not change with new elected servants of wealth. If you could point to a Canadian election in the last 60 years where these replacement ministers deviated from the banker agenda by as much as a comma, I would like to hear of it.

it's one of those self-platitudes that spastics like to spout as if they're gonna get some pat on the back...I vote, I pay my taxes (try NOT paying them and then come tell us all about it), I do this I do that...*yawn*

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Good morning db (It's still morning out here on the flat lands).

I think caps (I believe it's a max of $1,100.00 per person or
company....or something along those lines) on political
donations helps in Canada. It's pretty hard to purchase (or
at least rent for a while) a politician's soul for $1,100 bucks.

Blackmail is is dirt cheap, a picture is worth ten thousand words a clip is worth millions. Most are bought at birth anyway, the right people go to the right schools and play in the right clubs and pray to the same Gods. Money isn't everything.

it's one of those self-platitudes that spastics like to spout as if they're gonna get some pat on the back...I vote, I pay my taxes (try NOT paying them and then come tell us all about it), I do this I do that...*yawn*

You pay taxes!!!? You need a consultant. I've seen no change in Canadian government adherence to the designed policies of the Black Nobility in my entire voting history. My pat on the back is the gas and time I don't waste electing another baby licking stooge to office. We Canadians don't even control our own currency, as long as the central banks do, a vote in Canada is a vote for the same people with a better hair cut and a different suit.
Not paying taxes is easy, get out of money.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Instead of politicians mandating that we should vote, how about they do a better job of earning our vote?
in the future they will be telling us that voting for their party is mandatory. :shock: ;)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Instead of politicians mandating that we should vote, how about they do a better job of earning our vote?

ahhh...the concept of attraction rather than promotion...good ideer.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think his point is, one shouldn't be criticizing about anothers democratic system, until your fix your own corrupt and failed system.

Just Say'in.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Yes, it's called the tu quoque fallacy. I'm not even slightly surprised you think it's a good idea.