Macleans: Harper's pot angle blowing up in his face

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
The potheads continue to feather their own beds by twisting facts. Perhaps, like most children, they would like to be allowed to destroy themselves? If you want pot recognized, first provide some actual science regarding what it does or does not do, rather than lies and flights of phantasy and hearsay like is heard from everyday drug addicts. Has anyone noticed that the medical community said that they would not be onboard with the political aspirations, they said nothing else no matter how it is twisted.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The potheads continue to feather their own beds by twisting facts. Perhaps, like most children, they would like to be allowed to destroy themselves? If you want pot recognized, first provide some actual science regarding what it does or does not do, rather than lies and flights of phantasy and hearsay like is heard from everyday drug addicts. Has anyone noticed that the medical community said that they would not be onboard with the political aspirations, they said nothing else no matter how it is twisted.

Would you believe the facts?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
twisting facts, or fabricating them rather, is how the sh!t became illegal in the first place. nuff said

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Would you believe the facts?

There are no scientific, medical, and peer reviewed studies to support the claims made for pot, so, no facts. If you are aware of some please provide me links. Lots of people like it, fine, however it destroyed one of my children.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There are no scientific, medical, and peer reviewed studies to support the claims made for pot, so, no facts. If you are aware of some please provide me links. Lots of people like it, fine, however it destroyed one of my children.

I have no dog in this race, and am indifferent on the legalization
of pot to the general public, but I would like to interject here.

There are scientific, medical, and peer reviewed studies regarding
marijuana in treatment for glaucoma, M.S. and pain control for chronic
issues up to and including cancer among a handful of other ailments,
and thus the legalization of medical marijuana.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live on a mind altering substance to manage
a medical condition if there was an alternative like Tylenol or whatever, but
that's just me.

Lots of people function just fine dabbling daily with this drug, and many think
they do but just don't....and are to whacked out to see it themselves. I also
know a young man who ended up in a phyc ward for months after his first
night playing with marijuana, and has never been the same since.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Correct Ron. My daughters early use brought on BI Polar with a crash and at age 42 she has never and will never be trusted not to blow up almost daily, btw, she still smokes pot daily, claims it "cures" her and she does not need other meds. The jury is still out however regarding its actual ability to reduce pain, for some it acts as a distraction. It never did for me. My Wife is stricken with MS. She has not walked for 6 years and finds no relief with Pot. I have a dog in this fight.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
There are no scientific, medical, and peer reviewed studies to support the claims made for pot, so, no facts. If you are aware of some please provide me links.

Information for Health Care Professionals: Cannabis (marihuana, marijuana) and the cannabinoids [Health Canada, 2013]

This is just the table that Health Canada summarizes findings from smoking/vapourization. Scroll around the link and you'll find references (there are a total of 1000) pointing to therapeutic uses for other forms, dosages, and delivery vehicles for many indications.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I heard on the radio ( not exactly the most reliable source, I'll admit) that chronic patients that use marijuana tend to experience extended periods where slow and constant dosages of THC are required, while comparable patients on alternate medications are able to go off their medications more often and longer.

just saying.:)

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Information for Health Care Professionals: Cannabis (marihuana, marijuana) and the cannabinoids [Health Canada, 2013]

This is just the table that Health Canada summarizes findings from smoking/vapourization. Scroll around the link and you'll find references (there are a total of 1000) pointing to therapeutic uses for other forms, dosages, and delivery vehicles for many indications.

This document has been prepared by the Controlled Substances and Tobacco Directorate at Health Canada to provide information on the use of cannabis and cannabinoids for medical purposes. Cannabis is not an approved therapeutic product and the provision of this information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the use of this product, or cannabis generally, by Health Canada. Despite the similarity of format, it is not a Drug Product Monograph, which is a document which would be required if the product were to receive a Notice of Compliance authorizing its sale in Canada. This document is a summary of peer-reviewed literature and international reviews concerning potential therapeutic uses and harmful effects of cannabis (marihuana) and cannabinoids. It is not meant to be comprehensive and should be used as a complement to other reliable sources of information. This document should not be construed as expressing conclusions from Health Canada about the appropriate use of cannabis (marihuana) or cannabinoids for medical purposes. Cannabis (marijuana, marihuana) is not an approved therapeutic substance in Canada and has not been issued a notice of compliance by Health Canada authorizing sale in Canada.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well it could have been just another day in the glamorous life of Rona Ambrose Health Minister.

Serving the public, like an Angel of Mercy, and servicing Stephen Harper, like the Angel of Death.

Not necessarily in that order.

But then she blew it. Again.

By trying to make the country's doctors believe that the Con cult's massive tax payer funded anti-marijuana ad campaign wasn't blatantly political.

Health Minister Rona Ambrose says a new anti-drug campaign isn't asking doctors to take a partisan view on marijuana. She says if anything, it's Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau who has politicized the issue.
"Telling kids to not smoke pot is not a partisan attack on Justin Trudeau by Health Canada. It is a sound public health policy backed by science," she said on Monday.
Which left the Canadian Medical Association seeing red, or being treated for high blood pressure.

"The CMA is on record as calling for a public education campaign on the dangers of marijuana use by youth. "We did not ask for a multi-million-dollar taxpayer-funded advertising campaign to be turned into a political football."

Left the Con's anti-marijuana/Justin Trudeau campaign on life support, or on a trolley heading for the morgue.

Because if that sleazy smear campaign isn't dead now, it soon will be.

And of course left me rolling on the floor, clutching my side, and gasping for breath.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
This document has been prepared by the Controlled Substances and Tobacco Directorate at Health Canada to provide information on the use of cannabis and cannabinoids for medical purposes. Cannabis is not an approved therapeutic product and the provision of this information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the use of this product, or cannabis generally, by Health Canada. Despite the similarity of format, it is not a Drug Product Monograph, which is a document which would be required if the product were to receive a Notice of Compliance authorizing its sale in Canada. This document is a summary of peer-reviewed literature and international reviews concerning potential therapeutic uses and harmful effects of cannabis (marihuana) and cannabinoids. It is not meant to be comprehensive and should be used as a complement to other reliable sources of information. This document should not be construed as expressing conclusions from Health Canada about the appropriate use of cannabis (marihuana) or cannabinoids for medical purposes. Cannabis (marijuana, marihuana) is not an approved therapeutic substance in Canada and has not been issued a notice of compliance by Health Canada authorizing sale in Canada.

As you were.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
As you were.

They are not accepted by Health Canada or mainstream physicians, what part of that do you not get? Or agree with? Explain please and use the names of the doctors and surgeons you know who recommend pot and for what. Are you a pothead Tonington?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
They are not accepted by Health Canada or mainstream physicians, what part of that do you not get?

Only your entire interpretation. You said there were no facts, no peer reviewed studies. All that link was meant for was to easily link you to peer review studies. You said you were unaware, well now you can be a little less ignorant. It's not like I sent you to a link that was supportive of one side only, there are also references to the known risks.

That bulletin is meant to inform medical professionals, so of course it's balanced by containing the state of the art, or rather the state of the science.

You can bury your head all you want, but saying there is no scientific support for therapeutic use is plainly wrong.

I'm not a pot head, but I do work in the pharmaceutical industry :lol:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Are the Cons ****ing retarded?

Why would they take such a short sighted position?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Are the Cons ****ing retarded?

Why would they take such a short sighted position?

Perhaps they see and smell the BS spread by progressives with an agenda. Or they are concerned with the damage done by a drug with no real use other than effing people up. There are no tests to indicate the long term effects and because it is not a drug with proven lifesaving effects there is little interest other than from users. I know Tonington works in the pharma jungle btw, that makes me even more suspicious of him. Are you a pothead flossie?

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
"The economy could probably withstand the one term of libs required to repeal repressive social laws."
Um... the economy?...No, I don't think so...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Perhaps they see and smell the BS spread by progressives with an agenda. Or they are concerned with the damage done by a drug with no real use other than effing people up.

Given your back story with this topic, it's not surprising that you're irrational.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Federal government loses appeal to stop medical marijuana patients from growing pot at home

Federal Court of Appeal upholds an injunction

The federal government has lost its latest attempt to prevent medical marijuana patients from growing pot at home.

New rules were introduced earlier this year that prohibited home growing and instead shifted production to commercial operations, but a group of patients is challenging that regime.

Those patients won a court injunction earlier this year, allowing them to continue growing their own marijuana at least until their case is decided next year.

The government appealed, but the patients' lawyer, Kirk Tousaw, says the Federal Court of Appeal has upheld the injunction.

A three-judge appeal panel has also ordered the Federal Court to clarify the terms of the injunction, which leaves out certain patients.

Health Canada says it does not know how many patients continue to grow marijuana at home because of the injunction.

Federal government loses appeal to stop medical marijuana patients from growing pot at home - British Columbia - CBC News