LSD Has Wondrous Uses We Haven't Even Begun to Tap

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A friend used to always say, "we are all schizophrenic, it's just that most of us haven't been diagnosed yet."
An ex-girlfriend asked me one time, when I was telling her about some of my trips, "Aren't you afraid you won't come down?" I looked at her and smiled, "Who says I did." You can't un-see what you have seen.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
A friend used to always say, "we are all schizophrenic, it's just that most of us haven't been diagnosed yet."
An ex-girlfriend asked me one time, when I was telling her about some of my trips, "Aren't you afraid you won't come down?" I looked at her and smiled, :Who says I did." You can't un-see what you have seen.

Yeah....there is a connection between schizophrenia and heavy marijuana use.

Very heavy smokers over a long period of time may experience symptoms characteristic of schizophrenia........if they stop, those symptoms disappear. If the continue using, they can develop the disease full blown

Your friend is not too far off, I think. The drug reveals what is already there, and worsens it, IMHO.

This is not a common thing, and is no reason to keep the stuff illegal.

life is full of risks.

At least it should be.......

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Interesting fact: left handedness accounts for 11% of the population, but 40% of schizophrenics.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Thats me and I didnt know that.

Are you schizophrenic?

I'm waiting for my dose. Left handed, smoke pot, female: I've got to come down with something, I have all the necessary triggers.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Thats me and I didnt know that.

That you're a lefty or schizophrenic? Lol.

Interesting though, I'm just thinking now, of the men that I've know and who's thinking I find the most intriguing, they're all lefties. Weird eh?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
That you're a lefty or schizophrenic? Lol.

Interesting though, I'm just thinking now, of the men that I've know and who's thinking I find the most intriguing, they're all lefties. Weird eh?

lefty lover!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yeah....there is a connection between schizophrenia and heavy marijuana use.

Very heavy smokers over a long period of time may experience symptoms characteristic of schizophrenia........if they stop, those symptoms disappear. If the continue using, they can develop the disease full blown

Your friend is not too far off, I think. The drug reveals what is already there, and worsens it, IMHO.

This is not a common thing, and is no reason to keep the stuff illegal.

life is full of risks.

At least it should be.......
It's the THC the commercial guys have bred for the last thirty years. On the synthetic THC patients expressed the same results. I like cannabis very much but too much THC is not pleasent at all.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Not expressed in this article is the effects of current drugs to treat things like PTSD,ADHD, ADD, depression and mood disorders is that they all depress the emotions. Slow down the brain. There's a documentary on netflix that talks about the current spectrum of meds that are used to treat these conditions.

The current hope with LDS, Mushrooms, MDMA, etc is that these chemicals don't depress the activity in the brain. It's a completely different treatement.

We removed our son from ADHD medication in Grade 4 when his personality started changing. The drug worked great for the ADHD and his teachers loved it but it wasn't worth the price.

I am not sure I would use LSD either but perhaps with research an alternative treatment can be found. Gotta start somewhere.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
We removed our son from ADHD medication in Grade 4 when his personality started changing. The drug worked great for the ADHD and his teachers loved it but it wasn't worth the price.

I am not sure I would use LSD either but perhaps with research an alternative treatment can be found. Gotta start somewhere.

There is a lot of natural alternatives out there, and a lot of stories of success with them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
"LSD Has Wondrous Uses We Haven't Even Begun to Tap"

Oh I tapped it.... Twice I tapped it a little too much. I now know things most don't or can't begin to fathom.

I had an Emergency Mantra:

It is not real. It is just the drugs. You'll be fine in the morning.

Repeat three times.

Everything would then be OK.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I had an Emergency Mantra:

It is not real. It is just the drugs. You'll be fine in the morning.

Repeat three times.

Everything would then be OK.

Well fifty years later its obvious to the rest of us that, things aint OK with you.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Are you schizophrenic?

I'm waiting for my dose. Left handed, smoke pot, female: I've got to come down with something, I have all the necessary triggers.

Yep. Found out about 2 years ago. Had some other issues before then but it really came to a head around then. They say its a mild form. I've done pot maybe a half a dozen times in my life, LSD 3 times, MDMA once. Hadnt had anything in about 2 years before the diagnosis and nothing since (other than alcohol).