Lordco... can you trust them?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Okay, I just need to clear something up here.

(And yes, I'm aware that this thread was started when God was a child, but whatever.)

You went to Lordco (whose associates are not on commission, just to be clear) to buy an oil filter and, when discovering that the price was too high for your liking (and let's be just as clear here--this associate did not set the price of this item), you stormed out of the store and concluded that he had jacked up the price just to take advantage of you? Let's be honest here, no retail worker cares enough to go through that much trouble just to ruin your day. Grow up.

always_aware

Feb 8, 2011
Lordco just as most businesses out there has multi levels of discounts. They weren't trying to single you out but if the guy behind the counter was either new or in a bad mood then you got the outcome that you got. Don't take it personally try going there on another day and price the same part out. I have had 3 diff prices for the same item just by asking someone else and when you find someone you like there always try to use that person. They don't get commission per say but they do work on a bonus pay scale

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
Okay, I just need to clear something up here.

(And yes, I'm aware that this thread was started when God was a child, but whatever.)

You went to Lordco (whose associates are not on commission, just to be clear) to buy an oil filter and, when discovering that the price was too high for your liking (and let's be just as clear here--this associate did not set the price of this item), you stormed out of the store and concluded that he had jacked up the price just to take advantage of you? Let's be honest here, no retail worker cares enough to go through that much trouble just to ruin your day. Grow up.

Wow I can't believe this thread is still alive. But I digress.

Anyway, you need to get something clear. I did not storm out of the place. I just told him that the price was cheaper at Canadian Tire just like someone would tell another person the directions to the nearest gas station. If anything, the only look that could have been portrayed on my face is a look of confusion. Like WTF type look...

Here's a thought. How about we jack up this price of the oil filter to take advantage of this guy (who doesn't look like he knows one thing about cars) and then I can take the difference and buy myself lunch. As ludicrous as that sounds, it happens. There are mechanics out there that take advantage of non-mechanically inclined consumers who just want to get their car fixed. I'm sure you've see those W5 TV where they hire some undercover person to find these places. If you don't believe me, go google "how mechanics rip you off" and the first hit you find will be Edmunds.com. Go google up "how auto parts stores rip you off" on you will find that I'm not the first person to be ripped off by these types of stores.

This stuff happens everyday and someone's gotta do something about it. It's one thing to be a good little complacent Canadian, but I'm not that type of person. But apparently, you are.

This a Consumer Awareness forum and consumers need to be aware of Lordco.

Lordco just as most businesses out there has multi levels of discounts. They weren't trying to single you out but if the guy behind the counter was either new or in a bad mood then you got the outcome that you got. Don't take it personally try going there on another day and price the same part out. I have had 3 diff prices for the same item just by asking someone else and when you find someone you like there always try to use that person. They don't get commission per say but they do work on a bonus pay scale

I don't go to Lordco anymore. I found a similar place with more consistent prices.They sell much better quality oil filters at around the same price as the Canadian Tire price for the Fram (not the inflated Lordco price). It's called Auto Parts Plus.

counter

Mar 1, 2011
K.... I'm sitting here bored so I start brousing the net. For some strange reason I come to this site.

After reading all of these posts, I have come to the conclusion that .... YOU .... cdn_bc_ca..... need to get a life! You have been complaining over 5$ since november 28th of 2006! 4 YEARS!!!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!

First of all , we don't make the prices! It has nothing to do with commission, what you are wearing or your knowledge of cars! WE ARE DOING OUR JOBS! If you don't have an account , you will be charged accordingly. If you act like a jerk, we DON'T jack the prices! WE CHARGE YOU WHAT THE COMPUTER PRICING IS SET AT!!!!

I'm sorry that you had a bed experience while visiting our clarke road location. Ed Coates always stresses the importance of customer service. Maybe you were victim to a bad day. You claim to not have had any ill manners what so ever, yet you still go on about 5 dollars 4 years and 3 months later. That speaks volumes to me.

PS: Lordco will price match if the product is confirmed to be the same brand and quality.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
K.... I'm sitting here bored so I start brousing the net. For some strange reason I come to this site.

After reading all of these posts, I have come to the conclusion that .... YOU .... cdn_bc_ca..... need to get a life! You have been complaining over 5$ since november 28th of 2006! 4 YEARS!!!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!

First of all , we don't make the prices! It has nothing to do with commission, what you are wearing or your knowledge of cars! WE ARE DOING OUR JOBS! If you don't have an account , you will be charged accordingly. If you act like a jerk, we DON'T jack the prices! WE CHARGE YOU WHAT THE COMPUTER PRICING IS SET AT!!!!

I'm sorry that you had a bed experience while visiting our clarke road location. Ed Coates always stresses the importance of customer service. Maybe you were victim to a bad day. You claim to not have had any ill manners what so ever, yet you still go on about 5 dollars 4 years and 3 months later. That speaks volumes to me.

PS: Lordco will price match if the product is confirmed to be the same brand and quality.

Perhaps if you had read through the entire thread you would see that he was just responding to comments that others had posted earlier. And even if he did complain about it, who cares? He created the thread and can post as many times about it as he wants. Not the best way to start your membership here to be honest.

csr

Mar 6, 2011
So i have been reading this thread on and off for about a year. I work for lordco. Andi can tell you their is no way in hell we can upcharge you and take the extra and go for lunch. if you get an invoice its logged in the system and that money must be accounted for at the end of the day.. im sure some mechanix and some smallerauto parts store may try and rip you off like that. But lordco employess cant. Their are so many check and balance systems in place so that the employess cant rip off not only you the customer, but the company too.

As for your expiriance, this is as close as youll get to the truth. Their a differernt levels of pricing. we as counter guys are supose to sell to the walk in customers and certain level and account customers and a different level. If your buying one part like a single oil filter, unless you ask for a discount ot have a discout card, were proble not going to give you the best discount. Not becasue were dicks, or cause we dont like your hair. and in my personal case if im in a bad mood, i usually give a better discount, just casue i know im comming across as a grumpy person. If you had said "hey man could i get a discount?" or " "any chance you can do a bit better" the guy would have probly done it. We do not work on comistion. We do get "bonuses" for selling certian products at different times of the year. but we are also held responcible as to what prices we are selling iteams at. Again the company wants to make as much money as it can, just like any other company.

You had a bad experiance. you thought the price was to high, and since i dont know the spicifics i cant say. you did what you thought was right, and walked away from it. and you know what. thats your call. its not a bad one or a good one. it was simply your call. As for wheather or not you can trust lordco, i think you would have to give us another chance, deal with a different person or different store. I know we try and go out of our way to help people when we can, hard to find parts and what not. Give us another chance or not.

Im sorry for your bad experiance, even if its a few years late. hopefull one of our counter man can make you think you can trust us just as eaisly as one can make you doubt trusting us.

You neibour hood lordco customer rep.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So i have been reading this thread on and off for about a year. I work for lordco. Andi can tell you their is no way in hell we can upcharge you and take the extra and go for lunch. if you get an invoice its logged in the system and that money must be accounted for at the end of the day.. im sure some mechanix and some smallerauto parts store may try and rip you off like that. But lordco employess cant. Their are so many check and balance systems in place so that the employess cant rip off not only you the customer, but the company too.

As for your expiriance, this is as close as youll get to the truth. Their a differernt levels of pricing. we as counter guys are supose to sell to the walk in customers and certain level and account customers and a different level. If your buying one part like a single oil filter, unless you ask for a discount ot have a discout card, were proble not going to give you the best discount. Not becasue were dicks, or cause we dont like your hair. and in my personal case if im in a bad mood, i usually give a better discount, just casue i know im comming across as a grumpy person. If you had said "hey man could i get a discount?" or " "any chance you can do a bit better" the guy would have probly done it. We do not work on comistion. We do get "bonuses" for selling certian products at different times of the year. but we are also held responcible as to what prices we are selling iteams at. Again the company wants to make as much money as it can, just like any other company.

You had a bad experiance. you thought the price was to high, and since i dont know the spicifics i cant say. you did what you thought was right, and walked away from it. and you know what. thats your call. its not a bad one or a good one. it was simply your call. As for wheather or not you can trust lordco, i think you would have to give us another chance, deal with a different person or different store. I know we try and go out of our way to help people when we can, hard to find parts and what not. Give us another chance or not.

Im sorry for your bad experiance, even if its a few years late. hopefull one of our counter man can make you think you can trust us just as eaisly as one can make you doubt trusting us.

You neibour hood lordco customer rep.

Most of understand how the price structure works. My biggest beef is with the poorly trained staff. Now I also know that the pay is worse than poor and mostly you get what you pay for but a company that advertises hydraulic hoses should have at least one person on staff that can make a hose. Last time I was in Courtnay branch I had to make it myself. Then there is the matter of getting wrong parts. Again related to poor pay and training.

csr

Mar 6, 2011
Well its true, that wwe do have some people working for us that probably shouldn't. and yes some people get paid low. I've been with the company almost 13years. When i started out, i didn't have a lot of experience, just liked cars. I started as a driver, and worked my way up. I have been trained on hydralic hoses, paint, performance, and most everything, except for rv stuff. But i do know that almost all stores have some one trained to do most thing. if they can build hoses in the store some one is trained. that being said, later at night, and on weekends chances are the person with the training also has the sinority so they are probable not working. Its a shame that their was no one on dutie to make your hose, but as you said it was late. not an excuse, but also not a reflection of the company as a whole. In my store like i said i have the training to do the hydraulic hoses. Most of the other guys can do it, after Ive showed them, But i still get calls on my days off, cause some one needs a hose build and i'm able to talk a counter person thou the process.

and a quick note about getting what you pay for. I personal believe, weather you get paid $1.00 and hour or $100.00 an hour, you should work your hardest. Most manager believe that as well. If your going to be making a habit of getting hose done late at night, call the manager at that branch and let him know and hell make sure they have some one trained up. I know you travel from store to store. we have a few customers like that. And you should be getting the same service at all 90 locations.
Again im sorry you had a bad expirance. hopefully your give the company another chance to make it up to you.

I have worked at the competitors. And i believe lordco has a way better customer service tree.