Looks like it's back to business as usual in Iraq for U.S. troops!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Looks like it's back to business as usual in Iraq for U.S. troops!"

No it doesn't and the link you provided doesn't come close to saying the US will send troops.

From what I can gather from the news tonight, it's a distinct possibility! -:)

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Canada sent its men and women on a fool's errand into Afghanistan. How smart was that?

I don't think it was a fool's errand. Al Qeada sucker punched our best friends and closest allies. The Taliban played silly bugger in turning over bin Laden. That demanded a response as far as I was concerned. I believed in the mission so much I left a civilian job to go over and serve in Afghanistan (as a civilian, mind you, but in a military posting). Of course, that may taint my objective view of the conflict.

And I'm not dissing the Americans. The officers I served with were impressive to a man. I'm a fan of Winston Churchill's observation. Something like "You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing…after they've exhausted all other options.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Cliffy, I don't think you really need to worry.. Iraq will tear itself apart and become a terror state to train terrorists to kill westerners..

People don't have the stomach to go to war, and it will take a dirty bomb in a major city or another 9/11 before Americans have any resolve..

I hope the USA starts to secure it's borders and force anyone visiting the USA to acquire a Visa, that includes Canadian citizens.

I also hope the USA adopts Israeli standards at airports..

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I don't think it was a fool's errand. Al Qeada sucker punched our best friends and closest allies. The Taliban played silly bugger in turning over bin Laden. That demanded a response as far as I was concerned. I believed in the mission so much I left a civilian job to go over and serve in Afghanistan (as a civilian, mind you, but in a military posting). Of course, that may taint my objective view of the conflict.

And I'm not dissing the Americans. The officers I served with were impressive to a man. I'm a fan of Winston Churchill's observation. Something like "You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing…after they've exhausted all other options.

The US and Canada lost the war. The bad guys are going to take over in Afghanistan and reestablish terrorist training camps.

...I also hope the USA adopts Israeli standards at airports..

Not a chance my friend. Israeli standards are condemned here as racial profiling.