Locator chips for Guns???

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
How about a locator chip for nitwits? Might be more practical...;-)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Now, let's put this silliness to bed once and for all.

The idea of chip-implanted GPS (or whatever) as a gun control measure is idiotic because:

1. The technology does not exist.

Only a matter of time there.

2. It would be expensive.

So?

3. It could not be placed in the action of the firearm...(vibration, heat, etc) and could therefore be VERY easily removed.......

Make it two parts. One that can be located in the action and the other in the handle. Remove one and the gun is disabled and signals that it's been tampered with.

Just silly.

Well you have to understand that many people are afraid of people with guns.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Now, let's put this silliness to bed once and for all.

The idea of chip-implanted GPS (or whatever) as a gun control measure is idiotic because:

1. The technology does not exist.

2. It would be expensive.

3. It could not be placed in the action of the firearm...(vibration, heat, etc) and could therefore be VERY easily removed.......

Just silly.

Thank you Colpy for a clear and concise answer.......
#3 is the key here for anyone who has ever stripped a firearm completely like you and I have....
If you were in the army cadets you must remember one of the things you learned was field stripping and reassembling a Bren gun......
Or using a crocus cloth on the single action sear on my Redhawk to get the 4 lb. pull I wanted for target shooting...
It's hard to convince the uninitiated that common firearms use a simple technology that has been around for at least a hundred years... and that sensible safety in firearms have been pushed more by the gun owner community than the anti-gun crowd...