List of ministers appointed to Liberal cabinet

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Oddly he chose a Doctor to be Minister of Health

Canada's new health minister: "In fact, regulation will make marijuana less accessible to minors"

https://twitter.com/janephilpott/status/500799217237889024
Just like minors can't get booze or other drugs. What a naïve thing to say.

Alberta lol

And a bigot.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
How about because Dion is a bumbling fool that can barely speak English. Between him and trudowe they will destroy all the good Harper did in short order,once again making Canada the laughing stock of the UN.

We will more than likely become a puppet of the UN. The Conservatives had their scorn for the UN as a useless organization correct.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Walter, I think you are old enough by now to know things aren't always what they seem. We are just going to have to hang tough and observe, lest we end up looking like idiots. As far as Jody Wilson- Raybould goes, I think she's the real article.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A diverse cabinet. Oh the horror.

I'm thinking they might be alright. Just need to get rid of the idea of importing refugees (and terrorists)

I'm thinking there may be a method to Justin's madness in selecting mostly green horns for cabinet. He'll be able to train them himself and not be stuck with someone else's f**k ups!

How much of what Justin has been doing was done just to get him elected and how much of it is sincere?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
How much of what Justin has been doing was done just to get him elected and how much of it is sincere?

I think the negative characterizations of Trudeau as naive and untested would suggest he's actually foolish enough to say what he means. If Trudeau said all the right things to get elected but never meant any of it, then he's a much cannier politician than his opponents made him out to be, because it worked.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think the negative characterizations of Trudeau as naive and untested would suggest he's actually foolish enough to say what he means. If Trudeau said all the right things to get elected but never meant any of it, then he's a much cannier politician than his opponents made him out to be, because it worked.

I'm not sure just what to make of him yet. I think he puts a lot of stock in appearances and probably thinks most other people do too. (although he didn't get a hair cut for the ceremonies :) :) :)) I, for one of many, question the rationale behind who he picked for cabinet, although individually I have nothing against any of them. I don't happen to think the exact 50/50 ratio for men and women is all that important....................I think the most capable and qualified person should get the job, period. When asked why the 50/50 ratio was important, he responded "it's 2015"!!.........................a nice way of saying 'mind your own business'. It's better for all of us if this government works so I hope it does. If I was a betting man I'd reserve 40% in expectation of the populace wishing Harper was back within two years, or probably better still Rona Ambrose.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Don't lie to yourself. You know what you think of him. We know what you think of him. You've been pretty clear about it.

I've got some definite ideas, but I am getting to find him likeable (as a person) for some reason. Looking back over the past 3 months, my opinion has improved 10% or so. Also I'm not naïve enough to believe I'm correct 100% of the time. One thing I am sure of............he's putting his best foot forward!\
One thing that hasn't changed................I don't think he's as capable as Harper. Do you?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just like minors can't get booze or other drugs. What a naïve thing to say.

I was in high school only a little over ten years ago. It was far easier to get illegal drugs than it was to get alcohol.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've got some definite ideas, but I am getting to find him likeable (as a person) for some reason. Looking back over the past 3 months, my opinion has improved 10% or so. Also I'm not naïve enough to believe I'm correct 100% of the time. One thing I am sure of............he's putting his best foot forward!\
One thing that hasn't changed................I don't think he's as capable as Harper. Do you?

Capable of what?