Life in the Spirit

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Christ did not, actually, teach us anything that had already not been revealed by God before the birth of Christ. Even He Himself stated He came to reconcile us with God, not to give us a new teaching.

Yup I know that now. But then I was so hurt and full of pain. That book was an "AH HA" moment for me.

tanakar

Nominee Member
Feb 14, 2007
Ontario
The OP was very good. I'm not a church-goer, but I do believe in God. This has really got me doing some serious thinking. Do you have any info. on the author?

tanakar

Nominee Member
Feb 14, 2007
Ontario
hah hah....we live in a society that puts allot of value on what we have, not what we are inside. i mean, the first question i hear adults say when they meet each other is "what do you do" like that is somehow very important.

That is very true! It's as if we must define people by their occupations.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
hah hah....we live in a society that puts allot of value on what we have, not what we are inside. i mean, the first question i hear adults say when they meet each other is "what do you do" like that is somehow very important.

I went grocery shopping and didnt see this. Im strange but you know that. I define myself by my beliefs and my works. If I can go to sleep at night and feel Ive helped one person on their path then Im rich.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
God never takes rescinds his mercy. But, we can reject it. We can separate ourselves from God by mortal sin or by loss of faith in God. We can reject God's grace. God never takes away our free will. We can at any time rebel against God. And if we don't repent, we will end up in the place of permanant unrepentance. I can give you many examples in scripture of how we can lose our salvation if you like. Galations 5:19-21 is only one example. St. Paul warns these believers many times, that if they continue in their sins, they won't enter heaven.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
God never takes rescinds his mercy. But, we can reject it. We can separate ourselves from God by mortal sin or by loss of faith in God. We can reject God's grace. God never takes away our free will. We can at any time rebel against God. And if we don't repent, we will end up in the place of permanant unrepentance. I can give you many examples in scripture of how we can lose our salvation if you like. Galations 5:19-21 is only one example. St. Paul warns these believers many times, that if they continue in their sins, they won't enter heaven.

Guess that leaves me out. But Im under the belief I make my heaven or Hell here and now.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I went grocery shopping and didnt see this. Im strange but you know that. I define myself by my beliefs and my works. If I can go to sleep at night and feel Ive helped one person on their path then Im rich.

That is, saddly, the exception to most people. Most people judge and define other people by their occupations. As if how you earn your money is somehow who you are as a person.

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
sanctus:

Interesting post, food for contemplation.

Those experiencing the action of the Holy Spirit may receive ........ knowledge, wisdom

But it was my belief that wisdom of God was the adversary of knowledge. Here the author implies a false wisdom exists. That is new to me as I thought wisdom was always intrinsically good.

Those who are receiving the gifts of grace from the Lord will also experience the attacks of the enemy who comes in our dreams....

True

AndyF

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

But it was my belief that wisdom of God was the adversary of knowledge. Here the author implies a false wisdom exists. That is new to me as I thought wisdom was always intrinsically good.

Hmmm,I like the author very much-he's groovy:)

Seriously, wisdom is neither good nor bad. It is what we do with the wisdom that creates the definition.

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
sanctus, m_levesque:

Hmmm,I like the author very much-he's groovy:)

Yes, quite a learned individual, and it looks like he gives his material much thought. Perhaps even a tad revelational.

Seriously, wisdom is neither good nor bad. It is what we do with the wisdom that creates the definition.

Yes, the choices are judged, good point. I missed the dual nature of it.

Def: "knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action"

Thanks.

AndyF