Liberals not blocking Harper's Alert System

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
It is about time, Justin Trudeau!

Harper's mobile alert system is finally unblocked! Libtards like Mentalfloss will now try to take credit for it.

www.alertready.ca

Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians through television and radio. The Alert Ready system is developed in partnership with federal, provincial and territorial emergency management officials, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Pelmorex Corp. and the broadcast industry to ensure you receive alerts immediately and know when to take action to keep yourself and your family safe.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My phone is set up so that if I'm driving my car that I can receive calls only when connected to the car bluetooth but messaging will not work
I will have to ask Bell if messages like that will override that safety feature.....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My phone is set up so that if I'm driving my car that I can receive calls only when connected to the car bluetooth but messaging will not work
I will have to ask Bell if messages like that will override that safety feature.....

Chances are you'll hear it on the radio before getting a text alert when driving.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The Yanks used their "alert" system prior to the second Iraq war to massage public opinion. Saddam Hussein had his knurly paws hovering over the "Kill all Kafirs" button on his desk and every new pronouncement by Dubya was punctuated by an ORANGE ALERT. Just in case you spent the last two decades living in a cave on a remote island, all of the "alerts" were total bunkum bullshyte.

Take your Alert System and shove it up your ass, Ottawa. If there is an actual emergency, dust off the old civil defence system and use it for what it was designed for. We don't need to be bombarded by any more propaganda.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Hell, you might even see the tornado touching down a mile or 2 down the road while driving before the radio or text tells ya

I shouldn't have to watch the golden girls on CBC in order to find out that there was a chemical spill upwind from my house. It is 2018, most canadians are plugged into their smartphones.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Don't look so dumbfounded. The Harper Conservatives launched the program in march 2015 while Justin Trudeau was busy campaigning.

I don't watch TV and there is a no radio policy at work.

There has been an alert system in place since the 1950s. What does this one do differently?