Liberals may plot downfall of Conservatives

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jersay said:
but it looks like Harper appears to be on a high horse and doesn't want to work with anyone.

Thats what you got out of that article?

Jersay said:
He said the opening week has stiffened Liberals' resolve to oppose the Conservative agenda, even if it means toppling the government.

It would appear the liberals aren’t willing to work in parliament, the very thing they accuse the conservatives of doing.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Just watching Harper and his people. They want it their way or no way.

But the same could be said for the Liberals. Because they got so many seats, they feel they could be a thorn in the side of Harper every chance they get.

And because the Bloc are just there to get their pensions and retire, the only ones who will work for Canadians are the NDP.

twotoques

Jan 7, 2006
South Bruce Peninsula
The fact is that the Conservatives are just showing their true colours as we knew that they would.

Their ethics and standards are no different than the government that they've temporarily replaced.

Did anyone but true believers really think any different?

I thought that they'd be intelligent enough to wait maybe a month or so, but I guess I over-estimated.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
That is why in a post I posted, I said

it took the conservatives one day to do what the Liberals did in 12 years.

Mind you there isn't any corruption yet, but that is a moot point, they are being taught by Mulroney, as corrupt as any of the past two Liberal leaders.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Conservative Government

One must keep in mind that, although 54 % of Canadians may have confidence in the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, that does not mean that they would vote for him in an election; just because the NDP and the Grits, for example, would vote in favour of a Conservative motion, doesn't make them Tories.