Liberal Columbia Professor Who Rails Against White Racists Is Attacked

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I find it weird that he would be up and out against one form of racism....

But after being the victim of a hate crime from another ethnicity he casually called off the whole thing, as nothing more than just a g thang....

White supremacy is a horrible incarnation of racism but so is the kind of racism the person in the story experienced....

If i myself was in his shoes and i truly felt the way he does then id be up in those kids neighbourhoods preaching about the racism that is obviously present in the community he was attacked in...

But alas, hes keeping it tight with the homies... Because white supremacists are the common enemy....

Because racism is racism no matter who the parties are?

Its hard to be a real crusader in this day and age.... And this guy is a crusader with an agenda in my opinion.

Absolutely, he has an agenda. He wants the government to keep an eye open incase 'his group' are being targeted for death.

Random black gang thump an individual..... organized white hate group encourage shooting groups of people to death.

They aren't the same thing, and I don't blame him for thinking one is a bigger threat than the other.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
They were black, how could this be a racial crime. :roll:

Well, Osama thinks most of them are...but these things can be soooo confusing in these troubled times.

A liberal apologist for Black bad behavior to the end, Singh maintains he is not sure his attackers were Black explaining he was unable to determine their race because it was “dark.”

By his reasoning they could have been a savage band of young bellicose Cockneys looking to avenge the loss of India as part of the British Empire. Liberals are incapable of dealing with life in an honest forthright manner. They hide behind words like “nuance” which of course has become difficult for Singh to say given that his teeth have been kicked out of his head.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
i dont know karie...

Obviously the kids had their minds set on his appearance... Theirs a culture (its everywhere) in that community encouraging that kind of behavior those kids exhibited... Sihks being mistaken for muslims is pretty huge as i know you know.... It may not be organized but like i said if he truly felt he needed to protect his people he would be up in that community educating the kids about his people, instead of giving them the "pass". This wide misconception is just as deadly as any supremacist group... Its wide spread misconceptions that lead to organized racism.

In my opinion he is encouraging another attack....

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well, Osama thinks most of them are...but these things can be soooo confusing in these troubled times.

A liberal apologist for Black bad behavior to the end, Singh maintains he is not sure his attackers were Black explaining he was unable to determine their race because it was “dark.”

By his reasoning they could have been a savage band of young bellicose Cockneys looking to avenge the loss of India as part of the British Empire. Liberals are incapable of dealing with life in an honest forthright manner. They hide behind words like “nuance” which of course has become difficult for Singh to say given that his teeth have been kicked out of his head.

From his OP Ed in the NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/opinion/do-american-sikhs-count.html

From the Link

There wasn’t much going through his mind at the time. He tried to protect himself while the punches rained down on his head as his body lay on the sidewalk. That’s when bystanders came to his aid.

In his first comments since the brutal attack, Singh tells BuzzFeed that he doesn’t remember much about the suspects — except that most were African-American — yet he says the police investigation and catching the attackers is not foremost on his mind.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
i dont know karie...

Obviously the kids had their minds set on his appearance... Theirs a culture (its everywhere) in that community encouraging that kind of behavior those kids exhibited... Sihks being mistaken for muslims is pretty huge as i know you know.... It may not be organized but like i said if he truly felt he needed to protect his people he would be up in that community educating the kids about his people, instead of giving them the "pass". This wide misconception is just as deadly as any supremacist group... Its wide spread misconceptions that lead to organized racism.

In my opinion he is encouraging another attack....

Really, I read it like he was and is in his community, day in and day out. And I'm willing to bet he educates people often on the difference. How much more does he have to do, by your rules, before he's allowed to speak about the targeting of Sikhs by white supremacists?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
How much more does he have to do, by your rules, before he's allowed to speak about the targeting of Sikhs by white supremacists?

Find the kids is what anyone would do... Help the police in their investigation... Had it been a random white crowd this story would be totally different... He would want the full weight of the law...

Really, I read it like he was and is in his community, day in and day out. And I'm willing to bet he educates people often on the difference.

If catching the people isn't foremost on his mind then educating the perpetrators on the differences doesn't seem to be on the top of his list either...

It doesn't matter what my rules are, because he seems to not mind at the lack of understanding these thugs in his community showed.... These people are in his community near his family.. Id want those kids to know they were wrong. Because who knows mabye one of his family members or friends might become a victim next. Does that not count as a threat to your group, when a bunch of un educated thugs are running around the community your family lives in?

We don't know much about this guy anyways, so i cant really comment on his methods.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A packs of feral racist 'humans' on bikes. Simple as that.

Soon though, someone will write a commentary explaining why these poor, downtrodden, misunderstood and disenfranchised yutes did what they did and point the stick of blame elsewhere.

I pray they get the help, counsel, mentoring, guidance and assistance they need.

Is your obamaphone-sense tingling too?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Find the kids is what anyone would do... Help the police in their investigation... Had it been a random white crowd this story would be totally different... He would want the full weight of the law...

We don't know much about this guy anyways, so i cant really comment on his methods.

Exactly... I feel like people are making a lot of assumptions about what he would think if it was white kids who beat him up, based on his views on white supremacists shooting people to death. I really can't get how that leap in logic is justified.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Exactly... I feel like people are making a lot of assumptions about what he would think if it was white kids who beat him up, based on his views on white supremacists shooting people to death. I really can't get how that leap in logic is justified.

It is an assumption, and thats thanks to the media. When whitey does something it gets blown way the heck out of proportions. And being the victim he would have to call for the full weight of the law to come down in this hypothetical situation, becuase the spot light would be on him. It would also be a good excuse in this situation to express his views and get more face time with the camera... Attention corrupts people... It just seems thats the medias MO

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Anyone that is actually a muslim (or guilty of looking muslimish) in that 'hood may be a lot more concerned for their safety for the next little while. That's pretty sad.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It is an assumption, and thats thanks to the media. When whitey does something it gets blown way the heck out of proportions. And being the victim he would have to call for the full weight of the law to come down in this hypothetical situation, becuase the spot light would be on him. It would also be a good excuse in this situation to express his views and get more face time with the camera... Attention corrupts people... It just seems thats the medias MO

To be fair, the media in this case covered it well. The weasel op/ed got it screwy imo. If you read the article about him asking the fbi to investigate, and the buzzfeed article about his attack, it's a far cry from the op/ed nonsense that was gloating over his attack.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
All the links were to the buzzfeed article and i didnt see the FBI reference... If it is there and he did say it then my argument is not valid...

i had to look in google for the link to the FBI reference you mentioned. An article not included in the OP.
Columbia University Assistant Professor Hospitalized After Hate Crime « SALDEF

Working together, the Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund (SALDEF) and the Sikh Coalition have called on law enforcement officials, including the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), to conduct a thorough investigation of the attack. Both SALDEF and the Sikh Coalition are working with Dr. Singh and his family in New York.

Id say this new agency did a better job than buzzfeed.. I retract my previous statements about him having an agenda.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
All the links were to the buzzfeed article and i didnt see the FBI reference... If it is there and he did say it then my argument is not valid...

i had to look in google for the link to the FBI reference you mentioned. An article not included in the OP.

Id say this new agency did a better job than buzzfeed.. I retract my previous statements about him having an agenda.

The link originally did not have any mention of him identifying who attacked him.
Rush to judgement comes into play. And I am not blaming anyone.
But when dealing with 1 source I try to wait.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
i read them articles.. I always do.. I thought because a moderator posted the link it would be well... the whole story... damn i was naive

The link originally did not have any mention of him identifying who attacked him.

the buzzfeed did...

In his first comments since the brutal attack, Singh tells BuzzFeed that he doesn’t remember much about the suspects — except that most were African-American — yet he says the police investigation and catching the attackers is not foremost on his mind.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
i read them articles.. I always do.. I thought because a moderator posted the link it would be unbiased...

Nope- Not that he was biased- He posted an ever-changing link. Reason why we look for other sources.
I read the first link- It did not mention that he had identified the attackers as mostly black.
I have made the same mistake time and again.
A very human reaction.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I was actually referring to the link Loc had posted about him asking the FBI to look into why white supremacists were shooting Sikhs. It was the origin of the assertion that he 'rails against whites'. But kudos on finding more regarding the assault.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
the link hasnt changed since i read it.... Im not sure what you mean? Buzzfeed their articles are constantly having stuff added to it is what your saying?

I thought you were talking about the actual recent assault.... All the links i seen in the OP were about the actual assault.

If you read the article about him asking the fbi to investigate, and the buzzfeed article about his attack, it's a far cry from the op/ed nonsense that was gloating over his attack.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
the link hasnt changed since i read it.... Im not sure what you mean? Buzzfeed their articles are constantly having stuff added to it is what your saying?
Either that or I missed it and I looked over the article.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I thought you were talking about the actual recent assault.... All the links i seen in the OP were about the actual assault.

In post number 8, Loc posted a link to the article that the 'white hating' is based on.