Leaders, followers, and CREATORS.

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Derry, creation may not be the intent at all but that is irrelevent. Creation is what destruction inevitably leads to one way or the other. The destoryer may never even have any knowledge of it, but it does not matter. Without destruction leading to creation, there would be no balance, thus, there would be no humans because of the too much destruction/too little creation ratio.

Every act of destruction leads to waves of creation, in the forms of either materials, actions, thoughts, or emotions, and interactions, and not because the "destoryer" intended it.

It's the balance of the universe.

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm
RE: Leaders, followers, a

That does not make destruction a positive force though. Creation also builds on the work of others, and if that work (or those others) are destroyed, then creation is hampered.

Gordon J Torture

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
The destruction itself is not positive Dery. It is an infinite cycle of positive and negative. A huge negative explosion, will produce positive waves. Eventually one thing leads to another and another and now there is a positive force, a huge positive explosion will produce negative waves, eg. (As a people become free, the people who formerly had control become more filled with rage then ever)one thing progressively leads over years to another and another and now back to where we started.

Azalie

May 25, 2005
Gordon J Torture said:
The two classes of humanity are prey and predators.

I personally, consider those the classes of life on earth, not humanity specifically.

There are so many different ways in modern humanity for one to become the prey or the predator. Thus, in reality, it would be hard to find anyone that is not a bit of both. Physically one might be prey, but he might be a genius and be able to totally wreck and torture the other guy's life. However, leaders, the type that always need to be in control, are almost always leaders, and followers the same, creators the same ...

Your point is cooler to say or to read I guess. Sounds real macho.

Humans are not the only animals which can be both prey and predator, but we may be a bit unusual in that we predate upon our own species, yet not for consumption. Other omnivores, however, will often be predators for smaller herbivores or insects, yet be prey to larger carnivores such as wolves.

I think predator and prey are valid categories for the humans.

Azalie

May 25, 2005
Gordon J Torture said:
Just destroyers in general, Twila. The official vandals of our society.

Destroyers (vandals) are actually Creators. By destroying, they are actually creating.

(Obviously blowing up the entire planet is not creating ;))

I think he means people who are spreading anarchy and chaos for the hell of it. Some consider themselves to be Discordians, but that's a completely different kettle of fish. I see people like that as assisting entropy along its natural course.

Also, if you blow up an entire planet, you are creating many many little bits of planet matter. :p

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Azalie said:
Gordon J Torture said:
The two classes of humanity are prey and predators.

I personally, consider those the classes of life on earth, not humanity specifically.

There are so many different ways in modern humanity for one to become the prey or the predator. Thus, in reality, it would be hard to find anyone that is not a bit of both. Physically one might be prey, but he might be a genius and be able to totally wreck and torture the other guy's life. However, leaders, the type that always need to be in control, are almost always leaders, and followers the same, creators the same ...

Your point is cooler to say or to read I guess. Sounds real macho.

Humans are not the only animals which can be both prey and predator, but we may be a bit unusual in that we predate upon our own species, yet not for consumption. Other omnivores, however, will often be predators for smaller herbivores or insects, yet be prey to larger carnivores such as wolves.

I think predator and prey are valid categories for the humans.

...and then there's the noble armadillo, neither predator nor prey... :p

Azalie

May 25, 2005
Gordon J Torture said:
It's the balance of the universe.

Actually, there is no balance to the universe. Everything is in a constant process of deteriorating from order to chaos. In physics, this is commonly referred to as entropy. Anything that is created will ultimately be destroyed, even if it is not acted upon by any living entity.

http://www.rfcafe.com/references/general/thermodynamics.html

"Entropy—that is, the disorder—of an isolated system can never decrease. Therefore, when an isolated system achieves a configuration of maximum entropy, it can no longer undergo change (it has reached equilibrium)."

This wasn't the best site for the definition of the second law of thermodynamics, but it was the most clear. What this also proves is that, not only is everything slowly being destroyed, but that at the state where everything has been dematerialised, there will not be a chance for any creation. Entropy is always increasing and has an upper limit. You cannot create order once entropy has been maximised.

Thus, not every form of destruction will result in creation.

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm
I think he means people who are spreading anarchy and chaos for the hell of it.

No. Actually I mean neo-conservatives.

Anarchists have a very definite worldview that requires the destruction of society so that a better, more cooperative, society can form. Neo-conservative just break shit and pick pennies out of the shards of glass.

edited to put the letters in the right order.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Leaders, followers, a

Vanni. They're still very cool animals......

Not as cool as platypusses (or is it platypi?) but cool non the less.........