Leaderless Tories ahead of Trudeau Liberals by 2 points

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
He couldn't even get a pipeline going and he was the industry's #1 shill with a conservative led Alberta.

Complete and utter failure.

Just like Trump.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The pipelines was all but done before trudOWE came along in spite of the leftys blocking it at every turn. XL was done by Trump. did you know trudOWE's carbon tax scam doesn't apply to exports?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
There were no pipelines done before Trudeau.

Northern Gateway was rejected by the courts even though it was approved by Harper's phony council (which has since swiftly disbanded) and Kinder Morgan wasn't getting any acknowledgement. He didn't even try with Energy East and he couldn't get social license for Keystone XL.

Under Trudeau, 2 will likely get built and there is the possibility of Energy East.

Keystone XL likely won't happen because Trump suffers from Harper's failings and he will be fighting with Nebraska forever.

Oh no wait, that can't be right.. Trump is clearly a master negotiator who gets things done.

That's why he can't even pass a bill with a majority :lol:

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Is your first reaction to any news you read how it will effect mentalfloss?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Oh I would not bet on them being able to talk their way out of SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES from multiple 30 billion dollar deficits!

History repeats itself-most people know this axiom but apparently Lie-beral party members don’t believe it. How else to explain that the economic plan that has been presented by our new prime minister-the Boy with nice hair...for Brains is almost identical to the disaster implemented by Ontari-owe premier Bob (BOOB!) Rae 25 years ago?

Bob The Boob Rae has had more influence on the Lie-beral party than some people want to admit. After being turfed after one catastrophic term as Ontari-owe premier-the suddenly disgraced former NDP premier found his career in such tatters that he abandoned his beloved NDP and joined the Lie-berals...and in time became Lie-beral `interim` leader while they tried to decide what to do after their own terrifying disgrace of the three billion dollar adscam theft of tax dollars during the Lie-beral Chretien years.

Apparently The Boob is more persuasive and influential with the weak minded and ill-educated then one might suppose! How else to explain that the economic so called plan that Justin Trudope wants to implement now that he is prime minister happens to be a near perfect retread of the plan Rae tried on in Ontari-owe when he became premier for that one disastrous term! Consider:

Rae wanted to end what he called corporate welfare-that long standing Lie-beral tradition of giving tax breaks to corporations in exchange for them setting up shop here and giving us jobs. And Rae wanted to make the rich pay-firstly because the rich have the most money and also because its hard to make the poor pay as they are...well....POOR! Rae wanted to put money into the pockets of ordinary people-by which he meant the civil service Working Family Hogs who largely elected him. Rae wanted to `stimulate` the economy with borrowed money so that we would all have more, wanted to aid the disadvantaged and clean up the environment and all that noble and high minded stuff.

What he ended up with was credit trouble on a massive scale as lenders don’t like to loan to dorks who have no idea how they will repay what they want to borrow. Worried lenders also like to punish careless spenders with HIGHER credit charges...hoping to scare the careless (like The Boob and The Boy) into better discipline. The rich resented the foolish NDP/Rae attitude and moved their investment money to other places out of his reach. Corporations reacted badly to his ending of tax breaks and his raising of tax rates and also moved on to other places, taking their jobs with them.

Company closings and job loses sent welfare costs soaring as people turned to NDP govt for help-and that was help Rae really could not afford to give as his revenue stream was turning into a trickle. Easy access to freely available govt money fuels inflation and civil service union Hogs wanted THEIR CUT.....they are ENTITLED you know!

We ended up with hospitals with no nurses, no doctors, no beds, no patients. I took a walk through Women’s College Hospital 2 years into the Reign of Boob and it was a creepy ghost town on many floors.....empty, abandoned, no longer in use as its operation was unaffordable. Whole floors of Ontari-owe hospitals were shut down and forgotten, simply waiting for better days and a new election and more sensible money managers.

The day after Rae was elected, the heads of Toronto Housing Authority held an emergency meeting and agreed to CANCEL MILLIONS of dollars of maintenance contracts. As an example of the devastation, they cancelled a MILLION and a HALF dollars worth of contracts with ONE single moderate sized construction company, plus millions more with other businesses. None of it was enough to halt the govt red ink and Rae had to order civil servants to take unpaid days off while unaffordable govt business was neglected.

And now we have Justin Trudope trying to repeat the Rae plan. Trudope does not talk of corporate welfare, he simply labels it as benefits for the rich....but it’s the same target...people and corporations....those people are not pretty but they are our employers and financiers and if they get pissed and shut down then what is to be done? Except admit govt stupidity and implement Rae Days and Trudope Tuesdays.....and HOPE that will save us.

People suddenly ORDERED to pay more tax don’t hand out raises or bonuses to deserving employees. Corporations that are paying more taxes don’t invest in new equipment or hire new people...especially if they are going to be hit with new payroll taxes for things like the `made in Ontari-owe` carbon tax and the new pension plan from Ontari-owe premier and Great ***** McWynnty who has sold herself, her party and our future to the civil service Hogs.

Trudope has assured us his first act as prime minister will be to reduce taxes on the `middle class`-by which he means civil servants. Yes, the public sector people who are already getting about one third MORE for the same work done by people in private sector will be getting a tax break while Trudope economically bombs the private sector corporate employers we ordinary people depend upon.

The Hogs also typically take THREE PAID sick days for every SINGLE sick day taken by a private sector worker.....and ordinary people often DON’T get paid for sick days! The Hogs also have clothing allowance, dental benefits, drug plans, eye glass plans and a wonderful pension plan so rich that ordinary people are NOT ALLOWED by LAW to invest so much so often in THEIR private RRSP’s! About 35% OF Cdns cannot afford to take any holiday while Hogs demand EVEN MORE!

Trudope will also cancel income splitting to further punish the private sector workers who so clearly dislike him and will use that money in a HOPELESS attempt to rebuild Bankrupt Hog pension plans. OSSTF-the Ontari-owe high school teachers have the single largest pension fund in all of North America; Ontari-owe municipal employees are in the richest top five pension funds and Quebec municipal employees are in the top ten in North America.

Yet all the civil service Hog pension plans are faltering....the VAST riches already given to them are NOT ENOUGH....in spite of OSSTF getting a routine TWENTY to TWENTY FIVE PERCENT return on investment! Makes your paltry little GIC look SICK doesn’t it? Yet Hog entitlements are so gross that they are in danger of bankrupting ALL 19 of the civil service union pension plans in the next few years UNLESS they get VAST NEW infusions of cash......and there is the heart of the Trudope election campaign!!!

Just like Rae, Trudope plans to make the rich pay, without noticing that he will need them to create private sector jobs that actually PRODUCE tax revenue....instead of just SUCKING IT UP! Trudope will practice the same pork barrel politics for his friends and allies as Rae did, handing out ever larger sums of money to smaller and smaller groups of people-friends and allies of govt all. Trudope will find, as Rae did that the existing revenue just doesn’t go far enough and bankers just don’t like free spending dorks like Rae and Trudope and will refuse to lend. And of course bankers have the spectacle of the collapsing Greek economy to remind them of harsh reality every time they think of getting careless with money.

And just like Rae and just like Ontari-owe premier McWynnty, Trudope will find that Hog greed is insatiable....not enough money in the world for them! Give generously this year and they WILL be back again next year! Its why Dalton McGinty is no longer in politics...he DARED to impose restrictions on the Hogs and was driven from office. His successor-McWynnty stood in front of a pack of teachers howling for more gravy like rabid DOGS and SWORE she would do whatever it took to regain their trust....and yet, here they are STRIKING against her! There is NEVER enough for these Hogs!

And Rae? He was humiliated as the Hogs totally withdrew their support from his party because he pinched THEIR pennies and imposed his Rae days-unpaid days off when things got too messy. So why would there be any different result for Trudope? Nice hair and pious platitudes don’t pay the bills nor do they impress bankers!

Justin Trudope will become our worst ever prime minister and the future he creates will be stark and ugly......red ink and lost jobs and huge debts and a series of collapsing pension plans-both public AND private ones as 97 percent of ALL defined benefit plans are in serious trouble as of a couple of years back .Not that anybody would know it now as the Lie-beral friendly media *****s have ceased to comment on it in deference to the brainless Boy and the Great ***** of Ontari-owe!

So congratulations to Justin Trudope-the dull witted, slow to learn `wanna be` Boob Rae` of the Lie-beral party! What Boob did to Ontari-owe, the gormless Boy with the nice hair for brains will do for Canada!

I am not defending the Liberals, but given the amount of time before the next election, the budget won't hurt them unless the effects of this, and subsequent ones, accumulate and sting the voter.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I am not surprised at all, I'm surprised the Liberals are even still on the board. They lie, raise taxes, past the stupidest motion ever written, buried us in debt, and are always trying to come up with ways to pull the wool over Canadians' eyes, but get caught every single time, because Canadians are much much smarter than the new bunch running Ottawa. Their ideology makes no sense.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Oh I would not bet on them being able to talk their way out of SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES from multiple 30 billion dollar deficits!...

I'm not sure if that was for me, or just your thoughts put out there for everyone. At any rate, I will respond.

Voters have short memories, so whether it's Wynne and her hydro fiasco, or Trudeau and his spending and legislation, people will forget much of it. The only things that will be important are what is discussed within about three months of the election.

If you have to do something that the people won't like, you do it early in your mandate. Wynne kept jacking hydro rates. Trudeau is spending like a drunken sailor. People will grumble, but forget.

To get re-elected, you save the things that you know grab people's interest in a good way, and make a bunch of promises just before the election. Legalizing marijuana. Tax cuts. Money for families or immigrants. Because of the voters aforementioned short memories, many will be fooled into thinking you're great. You'll get their vote.

It's politics, and it sucks, but it's politics.

Last edited:

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wouldn't want him to be traumatized and add more costs to our healthcare system.

Seems like you're pretty traumatized over him though.

When I read this my first thought was to wonder how things will change once they pick a new leader, then I remembered the Globe and Mail endorsed the Conservatives in the last election but specifically "the Conservative party but not Stephen Harper". Maybe Harper was what brought the Conservatives down. Rona Ambrose has so far been a good interim leader.

But I guess when you read this your mind went straight to mentalfloss and how it will effect him, or more accurately, how can you turn this into a petty jab at him. It's literally what people mean when they say "triggered". Any news about the Liberals or some other related thing triggers an association in your mind to mentalfloss.

Considering that Flossy is in the habit of starting dozens of threads on the same topic each time some news is released, the short answer to your question is yes

Yes, mentalfloss does have a habit of starting many threads on news topics but when I noticed this thread, I didn't immediately think of him, and neither did other users here. The same condition (i.e. mentalfloss starting a lot of threads) exists for all of us yet only a few people seem to be obsessed with him in unrelated threads.

Perhaps it's not the fact that he starts a lot of threads but the fact that you people have an unhealthy obsession with him. It's an ongoing problem with some posters on this forum. I think they should seek help. Maybe form a support group.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
tater tot's old man decimated the military many years ago.

... In the meantime, how much money do Canadians really need to pay in taxes to support Bombardier?

I agree the government spends too much. but your previous comment seemed to suggest you just oppose taxes period.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well that is a good thing. If they were a mile ahead there would be something to worry about
two points at this time in the mandate is nothing really. Opposition parties are supposed to be
ahead one year in. Personally I didn't vote for them but this time I might. The Tories are hell
bent of self infliction of wounds with no one to really take the reigns and lead. The NDP has
struggled for decades to become a mainstream party and has chosen to return to a fringe of
social activists and apologists and the Greens, well the Greens are the worst choice out of all
of them. The Liberals are consistent even if one hates them they are consistent and that makes
them safe in the eyes of many true or not its the perception

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There were no pipelines done before Trudeau.

Northern Gateway was rejected by the courts even though it was approved by Harper's phony council (which has since swiftly disbanded) and Kinder Morgan wasn't getting any acknowledgement. He didn't even try with Energy East and he couldn't get social license for Keystone XL.

Under Trudeau, 2 will likely get built and there is the possibility of Energy East.

Keystone XL likely won't happen because Trump suffers from Harper's failings and he will be fighting with Nebraska forever.

Oh no wait, that can't be right.. Trump is clearly a master negotiator who gets things done.

That's why he can't even pass a bill with a majority :lol:

Whatever makes you all warm and fuzzy since facts are irrelevant to you.

Seems like you're pretty traumatized over him though.

When I read this my first thought was to wonder how things will change once they pick a new leader, then I remembered the Globe and Mail endorsed the Conservatives in the last election but specifically "the Conservative party but not Stephen Harper". Maybe Harper was what brought the Conservatives down. Rona Ambrose has so far been a good interim leader.

But I guess when you read this your mind went straight to mentalfloss and how it will effect him, or more accurately, how can you turn this into a petty jab at him. It's literally what people mean when they say "triggered". Any news about the Liberals or some other related thing triggers an association in your mind to mentalfloss.

Yes, mentalfloss does have a habit of starting many threads on news topics but when I noticed this thread, I didn't immediately think of him, and neither did other users here. The same condition (i.e. mentalfloss starting a lot of threads) exists for all of us yet only a few people seem to be obsessed with him in unrelated threads.

Perhaps it's not the fact that he starts a lot of threads but the fact that you people have an unhealthy obsession with him. It's an ongoing problem with some posters on this forum. I think they should seek help. Maybe form a support group.

It is simply that he is so wrong almost all the time. Even though he is a freeloader we almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

reshyam

Mar 12, 2017
Hi Guys,
Well come to forum site. We have the Justin Trudeau Liberals are now trailing the Conservatives slightly after delivering a widely unpopular budget this week, The Forum Research poll shows.We have Dr. Lorne Bozinoff, president of Forum Research, We said there were several items that drew a strong negative response in Thursday’s budget and that added up to a drop in popular support for the Government.This is The cancellation of a tax credit for public transit users of Canada Savings Bonds and higher taxes on alcohol turned off many Canadians.

Top 5 Interactive Social Media Marketing Tools

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I can sympathize with your position here.... 39% prepared to vote for a Party with no leader.

Heart breaking
More like 39% prepared to sell themselves out to a dictatorship because it takes all the pressure off of thinking for themselves.
At this point in time, the only twits that would vote for the Turd again are the died-in-the-wool Libtard partisans who would vote for Satan if he was leading the Liberal party, Muslim symps, and the rest of the mental midget brigade who just aren't smart enough to vote. Much like the astoundingly clueless flosstard.