Kidnapped girls in Nigeria

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
True. I'd like to see the looks on people here when a UN task force of non-white soldiers invades the U.S. and Canada.

OAU, mmm-kay? The Organisation of African Unity. The OAS is the Organisation of American States.

Unless you meant the OAS, in which case I apologise.

oops - first mistake I ever made in my life ;)

Pam Geller: Kerry blames Boko Haram on poverty

Hardwired for delusion, Obama’s dhimmi quislings would rather have their throats slit than recognize reality.

According to a new study, wealthy, better educated Muslims more likely to wage jihad.

Is that what American or the world needs right now? An apologist administration?

Blazing Cat Fur: Pam Geller: Kerry blames Boko Haram on poverty

Boko Haram: Kerry Blames Poverty | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

Not poverty but injustice.

The problem with Nigeria is its persistent graft and political corruption. It is one of the most intolerant societies on earth with its rampant hatred and abuses towards minority groups and economic injustices:

... the Heads of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria, who ruled amidst the oil boom of the 1970s that the political economy of petroleum in Nigeria truly became characterised by endemic patronage and corruption by the political elites, which plagues the nation to this day ... At both state and federal government levels, power and therefore wealth has typically been monopolised by select lobby groups who maintain a strong tendency to 'look after their own' by financially rewarding their political supporters. At the state or community level this means that interest groups in power will reward and protect their own; this is typically based on ethnic/tribal or religious affiliation of the interest group.

... Despite the wealth flowing into the nation from oil revenues many of Nigeria’s socio-economic factors are worse now than they were 30 years ago[28] According to the World Bank, most of Nigeria’s oil wealth gets siphoned off by 1% of the population.[29] Corruption in the government is rampant, in fact since 1960 it is estimated that 300 to 400 billion dollars has been stolen by corrupt government officials.[29] The corruption is found at the highest levels as well.

source: wiki = Petroleum industry in Nigeria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In my many years of living in New York I was acquainted with several Nigerian dissidents. Several told me that Nigeria's racial/tribal intolerance was FAR worse than the Apartheid regime. The number of innocents killed in tribalist skirmishes and the damage done to the infrastructure is incalculable. So yes, poverty does drive people to join hate cults like Boko Harum. But this poverty is one that is manufactured in that oil rich country by intra-racial racism, intolerance, elitism, and corruption which is likely unmatched in all the world. Therefore, giving Nigeria any further aid only aggravates the problem. The solution is political reformation - one that can only be solved by Nigerians, not through foreign intervention.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
yeah, some group or another must be disenfranchised, misunderstood or trampled on...anyway:

Will Antonin ‏@Will_Antonin

FLASHBACK: One year ago, John Kerry urges the Nigeria army to show "restraint" in dealing with Boko Haram.

BBC News - John Kerry urges Nigeria army 'restraint'

oh, and what's the over/under on Boko Haram, making the UN security council?

Ezra Levant ‏@ezralevant

What's even less forceful than trying to hashtag Islamic terrorists? Siccing the UN on them:

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2014/sc11387.doc.htm …

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Simmer down for Christ sake before you blow the aorta. So what services would you be happy with from them for $100 billion per annum?

I/m calm. I'm just letting you know that the U.N. does not have the legal mandate to interfere in the internal problems of a sovereign nation. You getting all pissed at the UN for not getting involved in this is asinine. They don't have the authority, nor would I want to see them with that authority.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I/m calm. I'm just letting you know that the U.N. does not have the legal mandate to interfere in the internal problems of a sovereign nation. You getting all pissed at the UN for not getting involved in this is asinine. They don't have the authority, nor would I want to see them with that authority.

So you would be O.K. with terminating the organization and putting the $hundred billion annually where it would do more good?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Yeah, and when some of our girls are kidnapped do you want everyone else to mind their own business? There comes a time in life when you have to take a stand.

No need for the US to intervene unless Americans are involved.

It would make more sense to drone them. Killem all.

That's an appealing solution as long as Boko Haram doesn't seek revenge against Americans.

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
First of all this would not happen in Canada or the US,, we don't roll this way. Second this happens in most third world countries and nothing is done about it there as well. In some third world countries, you have middle aged white men from Canada, US, and Europe going to such places as Haiti, Dominican, countries in South America paying for young girls, as young as 14, getting them pregnant, and they only way they get these girls (which by the way, are in most cases beautiful little tiny girls, who do not know better) is with money, jewelry, and accomodations. If we are going to protect, lets not be so GD selfish as to pick one country.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We have listened to the Islamic Bullsh*t
We have witnessed the threats to human safety
we can look the other way in the face of human misery
But We Cannot and Dare Not abandoned Children
to mad men.
At some point we must draw a line in the sand and say to
Islam cross this line and the world will intervene.
Yes it means bloodshed it means instability it means a lot
of things.
We have bowed our heads turned our backs and closed our ears
and now its time we said enough. You bomb rape murder and kill
but know this
We are not going to do something so terrible as to frighten you
We are going to do something so terrible it frightens us
For this is the only language these terrorists understand
If we continue to ignore it these things will begin to happen everywhere
Remember Rome survived only because Carthage was destroyed

F_cking eh!