Keep your DAM water

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Don't be too sure about the oil either. America will only git what they can afford and that won't be
much. There is a pipeline being built to Kitimat BC to ship oil to Asia, the people who can afford
it. And most don't know it yet but a plan is being constructed to build a line from the Saskatchewan
tar sands, (oh didn't know they had oil?) some say its bigger than Alberta's sands. That pipeline
is going to go east to Churchill some say.
Who knows who will get all that oil.

Uhm.....not really. You see, Canada signed onto a clause in NAFTA that Mexico
flatly refused to agree to. Canada can't reduce the volume of oil going to the USA
without reduding (on a percentage basis) the same amount used domesticly, &
we can't sell the oil to the USA for any more that it's sold domesticly pretaxed.

America does need oil, as does Canada, and the above agreement can't be tossed
out unless both sides agree to do so. Saskatchewan does have large oil sands
reserves that have yet to be exploited (that is coming), but right now the hot
zone is the Bakken play in the S.E. corner of the province, that also overlaps
into North dakota and Montana.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Don't be too sure about the oil either. America will only git what they can afford and that won't be
much. There is a pipeline being built to Kitimat BC to ship oil to Asia, the people who can afford
it. And most don't know it yet but a plan is being constructed to build a line from the Saskatchewan
tar sands, (oh didn't know they had oil?) some say its bigger than Alberta's sands. That pipeline
is going to go east to Churchill some say.
Who knows who will get all that oil.
SK has S H I T L O D E S of oil. Much much much more than people know and the vast majority isn't bitumen.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
SK has S H I T L O D E S of oil. Much much much more than people know and the vast majority isn't bitumen.

SHHHHH

an aside: but hope the US is not charging the oil it gets from CA> ( with their credit rating issues.....and fantasy economy...)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
No Eaglesmack I am much worse. I believe the Canadian Government should take over all
regulation of Oil and resources. No I do not think the government should own them I do think
they should administer them as follows. Canadians would have access to them first and there
would be a Canadian price, likely the world price or close to it and the international price.
I am for sure and economic nationalist. I believe we should use our resources and the supply
as a bargaining chip with any and all countries who want our products.
If some don't want to do business with us, there are plenty of countries with money who do and
we should be looking after Canadians first.
In addition if we had a better system we could fund our social programs.

I believe the free enterprise system must suit our goals and if it doesn't we must insist on the
priority that it does. Yes we should make some supplies available to our neighbours just like they
make food supplies available to us, goes without saying. It should be remembered however that
the resources we have belong to Canadians and we should have a direct say in their distribution
and, condition of sale.
China should be given a chance to compete after all we have a good relationship with that country
and thanks to one of our former countrymen a special bond.. Doctor Norman Bethune is the
father of western medicine in China, he fought along side the Chinese many years ago.
He also pioneered blood plasma on the battlefields during the Spanish Civil War fighting against
Franco's Fascists.
Might not mean much to you however it has served to build a special bond for Canadians with the
Chinese. I have nothing against them anymore I do with Americans. I have many relatives in the
States and I don't like to see them in the spot they are in, even if their own excesses have put them
there. Yes the good ole free enterprise system was hijacked by the multi nationals and the tycoons
who got all the tax breaks while the average guy paid the bills and Reagan sang "While Irish Eyes
are Smiling"
We have a special relationship however sometimes America forgets they need Canada just as
much as we need them if they relationship is going to work. Unfortunately not everyone has learned
that yet, and it is unfortunate for everyone.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Au contraire

We'll see. ;)

Please see Post#61

Bakken formation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's just one of 6 in SK, the others are bigger.

How do you retreive that bakken oil without the water you don't want?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We have a special relationship however sometimes America forgets they need Canada just as
much as we need them if they relationship is going to work. Unfortunately not everyone has learned
that yet, and it is unfortunate for everyone.

Honestly DG, it's not that bad. Some guy puts a sign up and some Canadians get all silly with this talk of shutting off oil, water, and electricity.

That's just one of 6 in SK, the others are bigger.

I still saw the word TRILLIONS.

And we'll get a share of the other six. Its North American don't you know. :)

How do you retreive that bakken oil without the water you don't want?

Oh we want the water. Who said we didn't want it? You said you'd shut it off but we both know that ain't happening. But even though you said you should shut it off doesn't mean we don't want it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ity's okay. You'll get your pipeline soon. Just shortly after the $28 an acre farm subsidies get axed then the Kansas City faggots will be begging for right of way lease cheques.

I still saw the word TRILLIONS.
Trillion in shales. Any idea what it's going to cost to get the oil from those shales? You won't like it but the cheap to extract TRILLIONS in liquid will be sold off first, to China refined in their shiny new refineries in SK.

Where are your shiny new refineries in SK?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ity's okay. You'll get your pipeline soon. Just shortly after the $28 an acre farm subsidies get axed then the Kansas City faggots will be begging for right of way lease cheques.

You bet we'll get that pipeline and that good Canadian Oil will flow south like the Mississippi River!

Thanks again Canada!