Kathleen Wynne wants all MPPs’ expenses made public

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
As I tell everyone...go read the darn thing! All of it. Then read it again with a dictionary to be sure you understand it.

and I would be surprised if you actually downloaded the PDF and read the document. If you did, and you made sure you understood it, you would realize our govt ignores the constitution on a daily basis on a multitude of issues....but don't take my word for it....GO READ THE F*CKING THING!!!!!

Here, I'll get you started....
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/CONST_E.pdf
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/CONST_E.pdf#page=69

If you read it as much as you would like others to read it, it should not be hard for you to cite the passage you are referring to. This is a pretty basic part of citing something in a discussion.

Since I know there is a high degree of interpretation involved, I am not going to guess which part of the constitution you are referring to.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
If you read it as much as you would like others to read it, it should not be hard for you to cite the passage you are referring to. This is a pretty basic part of citing something in a discussion.

Since I know there is a high degree of interpretation involved, I am not going to guess which part of the constitution you are referring to.

If you want to pay me as a teacher/tutor then I will spoon-feed you, otherwise click the links when you have a few days.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
If you want to pay me as a teacher/tutor then I will spoon-feed you, otherwise click the links when you have a few days.

I don't want you to teach me anything. I want to know exactly which part of the constitution you think prohibits political parties.

As you hopefully know, every part of the constitution is open to a lot of interpretation, so there is no way for me to read that document and know which part you interpret in which way.

On a basic logical level though, seeing as the people who wrote the damn thing were members of political parties, I find it exceedingly hard to believe that they wrote that anything they wrote can be reasonably interpreted as prohibiting parties.

That's why I say the North has terrible representation - especially along party lines where a goodly part is NDP. Bartolucci's stance against ON stood directly in opposition of Cliffs - who was going to set up smelting operations for Ring chromate in Greater Sudbury - his own riding. I have no doubt support for Ontario jobs exists in other ridings - PC and Liberal.

The Northlander is dead. I don't suppose there is any hope for its resurrection. The line she ran on, logically, should have been transferred to ON upon abandonment by Canadian National. Today it's truncated at Barrie, provincially owned and operated by Metrolinx.

Maybe we are talking about two different trains, but I am fairly certain that the Northlander was operated by Ontario Northland. I don't know what you are talking about in terms of transferring it.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Maybe we are talking about two different trains, but I am fairly certain that the Northlander was operated by Ontario Northland. I don't know what you are talking about in terms of transferring it.

Ontario Northland is a tough one, since ridership isn't growing but the amount of money that it costs us to run it keeps going up.

Which train are you talking about? Northlander (Toronto to Cochrane) is gone so ridership is never going to grow. In the far north were a mixed local train - referred to as the Little Bear (which is now gone) - and the Polar Bear Express (Cochrane to Moosonee) That train is a vital link. There are no roads except in winter.

"Transferring" is irrelevant. The track is gone. Millionaires have "cottages" on a portion of the right of way and the rest of it (to Washago Jct) is a trail. They're pretty well sacred in yuppie country.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I guess if you can't come across as capable, you better come across as reputable! -:)

In my somewhat objective opinion, I think she still has Hudak beat on both points.

It seems like "Premier Hudak" should be inevitable, but at the same time it is kind of hard to see it happening. The Liberals have really benefited from bad PC leaders since Harris left.