Karla Homolka

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Re: Karla Homulka

If the offender has a conscience,then life in prison is sheer torture.But,if they are amoral like Karla,and we don't have the death penalty, then what? All we have our our laws, and yes,they have failed us in this case. All I intended to really say when I started this was that there is less honour among criminals than with the ordinary citizens & to live outside of the law,you have to be honest[B.Dylan] :)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

I don't think you require a conscience missile to find being locked up in a cell, hell. Death would be the easy way out for her. Nah, a miserable life will do in a pinch. Hopefully one with lots of suffering.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The point I would make

is that the law applies to all of us. The law says she has served her term and is a free woman no matter what I think of her. I don't like the idea of a politician trying to improve his side of the plea bargain after the fact. I also don't like that the gutter press is going to hound her out of every job she gets. She will either be driven back to prison or some "hero" will do her in.

The law also says she has the right to earn a living. I think we have to protect her rights along with our own.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Yeah we know all that law abiding stuff, but some of us still want to see her suffer, maybe feel some of the pain she inflicted on others, feel some of the humiliation, feel something.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I tend to agree with your earlier post where you mentioned vigilante justice. Somebody will get to her eventually.

Steve French

Nominee Member
Jul 10, 2005
Uh, we don't do the "Death Penalty" in Canada. That is for primitive, uncivilized cultures.

Karla is very clever, manipulated the system, played the dumb lawyers and judges like puppets, and I read she got her psych degree in prison. She was uncooperative with psych "therapy" and I doubt any prison shrink would be able to put anything over on her, therefore I doubt any diagnosis other than psychotic sociopath = Female Hannibal Lecter.

Some people STILL want to believe her a "victim" of some male Sven Jolly.
Rrriiiiight....

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
While video taping her husband's torture of one of the girls, her hand did not even tremble. During high pitched screams of enormous pain being inflicted on a 14 year old, her hand did not shake.

Plus after she (SHE) killed her sister, they continued to have sex with Karla dressing in Tammy's clothing. She saved Tammy's underwear. She freaked out that her father spent too much money on Tammy's funeral, instead of their wedding (I read the letter).

Plus she stole a watch from one of her victims and wore it during her police interviews.

Tell me she has a conscience. Then prove it to me.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Thats the deal she made with the crown.

The American system is no better when celebrity murderers can get off because they can afford high priced lawyers while poor (mostly black) get railroaded and sentanced to death whether they are guilty or not. The most ridiculous part is the District Attorney cannot appeal not guilty verdicts.