Justin Trudeau: Legal concealed carry permits in Canada.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Well, you and your antisocisl attitude are a good arugument for banning them. Hopefully, you are on file with someone about them.

Of course i am on file, always needing permits for handguns and now long guns. So it is anti social to wish for some freedom? Makes your comment below your name real true? Did you also miss my statement that there had been no issues with firearms for over 200 years? Not much point responding to you, bye bye.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Of course i am on file, always needing permits for handguns and now long guns. So it is anti social to wish for some freedom? Makes your comment below your name real true? Did you also miss my statement that there had been no issues with firearms for over 200 years? Not much point responding to you, bye bye.

That is the type of crazy lunatic that is atracted to handgun ownership.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
The guy in Fort Hood killed 13 and wounded 30 before he was shot and that was on an Army base, where lots of people have guns. Didn't really help. Also, there was an armed guard on duty at Sandy Hook.

Wacos from Teyeksus.

Boomer is a wako from Texas who carried a gun when he was down there. He just can't understand how he doesn't need one here in Canada. The reason he doesn't need one is because there are almost no people like him here.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
How many of these multiple shootings have happened in the states where concealed carry is legal? How many have been stopped by an everyday citizen with said permit? About the same as France without such a law I think.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The guy in Fort Hood killed 13 and wounded 30 before he was shot and that was on an Army base, where lots of people have guns. Didn't really help. Also, there was an armed guard on duty at Sandy Hook.

Boomer is a wako from Texas who carried a gun when he was down there. He just can't understand how he doesn't need one here in Canada. The reason he doesn't need one is because there are almost no people like him here.

...almost none. We may be getting a glimpse of one or two.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Do you think that the response from the last poster was sane?

Yup, because it really is none of your fu cking business why he has, or what he has. That is between him and the government. He states he has all the necessary permits.

What you should be concerned with are those that do NOT have registered weapons. That do NOT have the proper permits to own, transport, use, and purchase those weapons rather than trying to beat on some poor schmuck that IS following all the rules and regs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Do you think that the response from the last poster was sane?

I think it was sane, CC. Not only sane but a good example of the thousands of responsible gun owners in Canada. No one is telling you that you have to participate in gun ownership and you have zero right to tell them they shouldn't.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
How many of these multiple shootings have happened in the states where concealed carry is legal? How many have been stopped by an everyday citizen with said permit? About the same as France without such a law I think.

Gabrielle Giffords.

On January 8, 2011, just a week into her third term, Giffords was a victim of an assassination attempt near Tucson,[2][3][4][5] at a Safeway supermarket where she was meeting publicly with constituents.[4] She was critically injured by a gunshot wound to the head;[6][7] a total of thirteen people were injured and six others were killed in the shooting, among them federal judge John Roll and a 9-year-old child, Christina-Taylor Green.[3][8] Giffords was later brought to a rehabilitation facility in Houston, Texas, where she recovered some of her ability to walk, speak, read and write. On May 16, 2011, Giffords traveled to Kennedy Space Center to watch the launch of STS-134, the final flight of Space Shuttle Endeavour, which was commanded by her husband Mark Kelly.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yup, because it really is none of your fu cking business why he has, or what he has. That is between him and the government. He states he has all the necessary permits.

What you should be concerned with are those that do NOT have registered weapons. That do NOT have the proper permits to own, transport, use, and purchase those weapons rather than trying to beat on some poor schmuck that IS following all the rules and regs.

That poor schmuck came on here to beat on me. The raw, evesceral and emotional response that came out of both him and you suggest to me that permitting you to be armed thus may be a mistake. Neither of you are exactly cool customers and there is enough violence in both of your responses that perhaps you should be separated from your handguns before you hurt someone who pisses you off enough.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That poor schmuck came on here to beat on me. The raw, evesceral and emotional response that came out of both him and you suggest to me that permitting you to be armed thus may be a mistake. Neither of you are exactly cool customers and there is enough violence in both of your responses that perhaps you should be separated from your handguns before you hurt someone who pisses you off enough.

Geez, CC..............take a breath..........this is not about you. 'That poor schmuck' simply voiced his opinion with his first post - how you saw it as an attack is beyond me. BTW, there is no such word as evesceral.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
So somebody had a concealed carry in this case and stopped the shooter?

No. That's the point. Conceal carry is legal in Arizona. Nobody stopped it.

Visceral.

Indeed.

vis·cer·al
ˈvis(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: visceral
of or relating to the viscera.
"the visceral nervous system"

relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect.
"the voters' visceral fear of change"
synonyms:instinctive, instinctual, gut, deep-down, deep-seated, deep-rooted, inward; More

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Actually, it is you that has done the attacking. That's ok though. It's expected from the mentally deficient, like yourself, that doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Guns in the possesion of reasonable and law abiding citizens is smart and responsible. The problem arises when we have to define who is such.
We have cops who totally lose it and shoot people full of holes with very little justification and they are supposedly vetted pretty well. Rare incidents of course, but I would say the statistics would show for every population of gun owners, there will be a percentage that misuse them .

On the other hand, a lot of the people being killed by handguns are douchebags, so meh....