June 1st Question Period zinger of the day

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
BitWhys said:
Mr. Poilievre avoided reporters after Question Period yesterday. He used a back door to enter an afternoon committee meeting and declined to discuss the matter.

At least Trudeau had the cajones to speak to the press about it after. You gotta figure at LEAST the BQ will be keeping a copy of that footage on the shelf for the next election campaign. Just in case, don't you know.

I love what some opposition MP said about Trudeau's silent "fuddle-duddle"......

"I guess the PM needs to be obscene and not heard" :D

Edited to say:

I think this stuff gets a little blown out of proportion............if people care about the issues, sometimes they will loose their temper and do inappropriate things..........both sides should just move on.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
What's blown out of proportion about it? Two Parliamentary Secrataries in effect told the BQ to stick it during a vote and the opposition called attention to it the next day. Hardly a tempest.

We'll find out today or tomorrow if Graham thinks he got his pound of flesh out of it and moves on. I'd expect him to take one more shot on the side before he does, though, since it does make for great political hay.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: June 1st Question Period zinger of the day

FiveParadox said:
I continue to question the suggestions by many that the Senate is entirely incapable of doing good work for Canada. The chance of the Senate attempting to outright reject legislation from the Commons is quite unlikely — as it should be. If the Senate were elected, then it would become a new Chamber of legislative initiative, competing with the efforts of the Lower House, rather than acting as a Chamber of second thought and review.

If each member of the Senate was not beholden to a particular party, then I might agree with you. There is no responsibility of the members of the Senate back to the people of Canada, rather, they are totally and wholly responsible to the party, or PM, who appoints them. That has an inherent bias and conflict of interest built in.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
BitWhys said:
Mr. Poilievre avoided reporters after Question Period yesterday. He used a back door to enter an afternoon committee meeting and declined to discuss the matter.

At least Trudeau had the cajones to speak to the press about it after. You gotta figure at LEAST the BQ will be keeping a copy of that footage on the shelf for the next election campaign. Just in case, don't you know.

Oh please. Trudeau gives the one are salute to virtually ever western farmer back in the day, tells the H of C to "fu** off", and does a completely outrageous and disrespectful pirouette behind the Queens back, and the Liberals are all pissed about this?

And let's not forget Chretien hitting a citizen, or claiming that "only a few millions might have been stolen".

People in glass houses..............

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006

FiveParadox said:
bluealberta, perhaps you're confused.

BitWhys didn't create that list.

Members of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition stood, for two days, with each member saying the next ten or so items on that list, until they reached their one-hundred mark. I watched Statements by Members both days, and I thought it was kinda cute. I think the list was entitled "One Hundred Days of Harpocrisy", or something as such.

wow, so the liberals are corrupt and waste tax money even in opposition.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta

Graeme said:
FiveParadox said:

Members of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition stood, for two days, with each member saying the next ten or so items on that list, until they reached their one-hundred mark. I watched Statements by Members both days, and I thought it was kinda cute. I think the list was entitled "One Hundred Days of Harpocrisy", or something as such.

wow, so the liberals are corrupt and waste tax money even in opposition.

Well, at least they went with their strengths.............

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Oh give me a break. We see a lot worse in parliments like South Korea, and so on were they break out in full blown Melée combat. Hell I'd love to see Harper jump from his seat and give a drop kick to Paul Martin and then watch as Jack Layton sneaks up behind Harper and hits him with a horse shoe. :twisted:

Thats just me maybe. We could make CPAC paper view and this could pay for the MP's salaries and all.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
About 12 people in Canada give a hoot about the verbal jousting and going-ons in Parliament. The other 30 million know it's a big YAWN.

Anyone who gets an orgasm over witty quips over Emerson, or anything else staged in Parliament, needs to get a life.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

athabaska said:
About 12 people in Canada give a hoot about the verbal jousting and going-ons in Parliament. The other 30 million know it's a big YAWN.

Anyone who gets an orgasm over witty quips over Emerson, or anything else staged in Parliament, needs to get a life.

hear, hear.

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO

bluealberta said:
FiveParadox said:

I was not aware of that, Five, but as I said, they have risen to their level of incompetence.

BTW, did they not have anything better to do? We sure pay them a lot of money for making foolish lists that in some cases repeat themselves, and hey, given their record, who are they to criticize. At least the CPC has not been shown to steal money, or to launder money, or..............well, you get the point.

You are virtually contradicting yourself. I have news for you buddy, but thats what they do in opposition, OPPOSE the bad things done by the party in power. You were the one that said that you hope that they stay there. Well they are there and they are doing their job in opposition. Shes right, it was kinda cute and creative too. And the ONLY and most repeated and overused sentence now in parliament is " after 13 years of Liberal corruption...."! It was fun and sounded good the first few times but its getting old and its not going to be an excuse after months. I mean it doesnt even make sense, the liberals werent even in power technically for 13 years. Your using the same old line as the rest of the conservatives, and its getting OLD! Think of a new line or something!

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

Finder said:
athabaska said:

hear, hear.

your effort to support this ill-humoured hyperbole is duly noted.