Jimmy Carter is trying a brand-new drug to fight his cancer

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
There is a big push on from Spain saying liquid cannabis cures cancer. Two posts about it on face nook tonight. How many of you would try it?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There is a big push on from Spain saying liquid cannabis cures cancer. Two posts about it on face nook tonight. How many of you would try it?
Even though pot bothers my stomach, if I had cancer, I would try it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Given the other alternative is death I probably would. Better to be a live hypocrite than not to be alive. :) :)

Do the oncologists have any comments about it? What I wonder about is it the cannabis or is possibly mind over matter. I'm a believer in if you make up your mind to do something you often succeed just for that reason.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
As I recall, there wasn't too much wrong with Jimmy- the worst thing may have been his reluctance to negotiate with terrorists! :) :)
I'm not sure this one was much of a game player . I liked Carter as President but on the world stage it was obvious he could not command the respect that a Reagan or Kennedy could. The Iran hostage crisis was proof of that. I perceived him as having a meek nature which in the political world doesn't bode well yet I still find that meek nature to be an admirable quality in someone. I like Jimmy. He's had a good long prosperous life . Wish him all the best.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The release happened because Iran knew that the incoming President was going to launch a military campaign. They weren't stupid.
News Flash: it was the US who insisted they not not be released until Regan was sworn in, please try to keep up.

Mitt Romney says the Iranians released hostages in 1981 because they feared Ronald Reagan's approach to foreign policy | PolitiFact
"Iran contacted the Carter administration in September 1980 with a proposal to end the hostage crisis," said Gary Sick, a Columbia University professor who has written two books about the Iran hostage crisis. "The U.S. made a proposal. Iran responded with an unacceptable offer just a day or two before the election. Afterwards, they nominated the Algerians to act as intermediaries. Those valuable discussions went on until literally the day or two before the inauguration, and they were settled by the Iranians caving in on a number of issues that were extremely costly to them. By my calculations, the Iranians ended up paying about $300,000 per hostage per day of incarceration."

The war was not averted, Iraq was used as the proxy army as it was the US running the war out of anger of being pushed out of Iran and all the sanctions and crap that went on after was also tied to that same event. Cuba is another example of how the US operates when it doesn't get it's way. The sooner they fold up the better for the world at large,

I'm a believer in if you make up your mind to do something you often succeed just for that reason.
You should gtrow some arms for the ones who have lost them if that is you doctorly advice.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
News Flash: it was the US who insisted they not not be released until Regan was sworn in, please try to keep up.

Mitt Romney says the Iranians released hostages in 1981 because they feared Ronald Reagan's approach to foreign policy | PolitiFact
"Iran contacted the Carter administration in September 1980 with a proposal to end the hostage crisis," said Gary Sick, a Columbia University professor who has written two books about the Iran hostage crisis. "The U.S. made a proposal. Iran responded with an unacceptable offer just a day or two before the election. Afterwards, they nominated the Algerians to act as intermediaries. Those valuable discussions went on until literally the day or two before the inauguration, and they were settled by the Iranians caving in on a number of issues that were extremely costly to them. By my calculations, the Iranians ended up paying about $300,000 per hostage per day of incarceration."

The war was not averted, Iraq was used as the proxy army as it was the US running the war out of anger of being pushed out of Iran and all the sanctions and crap that went on after was also tied to that same event. Cuba is another example of how the US operates when it doesn't get it's way. The sooner they fold up the better for the world at large,

You should gtrow some arms for the ones who have lost them if that is you doctorly advice.
Yes we invented corruption and hold the patent for it.

Off the wall moron.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm all for either if it helps a person get through a full life with the least amount of pain as possible. That would start with having stable parents and then it would progress to stable siblings and then a stable community and so on. Introduce instability in either of those areas that are outside of your direct control and there goes the whole game-plan. That is when you get to start dealing with the disappointment that comes with the realization that 'your plan' isn't going to work out as planned no matter how much effort you put into it.
Old age is also an area where most people make plans and some will invest a good deal of money so it is there when they 'retire'. At that time they find that the 'hobby' is too demanding on their body and/or time and the desire is gone but the material things are already there so what do you do??

Your statement/observation would have to run at 100% would it not? I hardly ever end up doing things I don't want to, 'family' rather than 'strangers' being the exception.
How about advice on changing course when the realization comes that 'this isn't working out' and time to hit the 'back-pedal'. If you don't have one you are creating your own misery.

Yes we invented corruption and hold the patent for it.

Off the wall moron.
The saying is actually supposed to be 'he is more on the wall than off the wall'.

Corruption and secrecy as they go hand in hand. Try telling somebody you are going to steal as much of their stuff as you can and see how fast that opportunity slips away. We may not have been the first to employ it but we are sure determined it is the way to go and we are the only ones allowed to use those devices to get what we want rather than what we deserve.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I'm all for either if it helps a person get through a full life with the least amount of pain as possible. That would start with having stable parents and then it would progress to stable siblings and then a stable community and so on. Introduce instability in either of those areas that are outside of your direct control and there goes the whole game-plan. That is when you get to start dealing with the disappointment that comes with the realization that 'your plan' isn't going to work out as planned no matter how much effort you put into it.
Old age is also an area where most people make plans and some will invest a good deal of money so it is there when they 'retire'. At that time they find that the 'hobby' is too demanding on their body and/or time and the desire is gone but the material things are already there so what do you do??

Your statement/observation would have to run at 100% would it not? I hardly ever end up doing things I don't want to, 'family' rather than 'strangers' being the exception.
How about advice on changing course when the realization comes that 'this isn't working out' and time to hit the 'back-pedal'. If you don't have one you are creating your own misery.

The saying is actually supposed to be 'he is more on the wall than off the wall'.

Corruption and secrecy as they go hand in hand. Try telling somebody you are going to steal as much of their stuff as you can and see how fast that opportunity slips away. We may not have been the first to employ it but we are sure determined it is the way to go and we are the only ones allowed to use those devices to get what we want rather than what we deserve.
Fishing is a good way to gather your thoughts and get back in tune with reality and diminish the racing thoughts.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This pond is not fished out yet. (you can get happy thoughts here just by looking around here and being thankful you aren't like 'so and so'. Names withheld to protect the guilty) This place would be the 'run and hide' pack mentality.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Given the other alternative is death I probably would. Better to be a live hypocrite than not to be alive. :) :)

Do the oncologists have any comments about it? What I wonder about is it the cannabis or is possibly mind over matter. I'm a believer in if you make up your mind to do something you often succeed just for that reason.
Oncologist simply states - don't use marijuana. That said without asking the question.

Jimmy Carter announced he is cancer free due to immunotherapy. I'm sure being an important person aided in his treatments. Nonetheless, I am very happy for him. He's a lucky, blessed man.