Jack Layton says ....

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Finder said:
I'm not so big on Canada being in Afghanistan. I think a peace keeping roll is alright but as far as I know our guys are not wearing the blue helmets, of the UN. *shrugs* I might be wrong though.

Either way I'm pretty sketchy on Canada's involvement as we are making ourselves a target for terrorism.

Exactly, right to the point.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
By giving aid to England during WW2 we ran the risk of being the targets of Nazi aggression too. But we won the war. Does anyone actually think we would have a seat at the world power tables had we not fought that war? The answer is no, no we wouldn't. It is exactly as Mulroney said to the Europeans "we are not renting our seats at this table".

People who can't understand this seemingly want to have Canada become some sort of isolationist state, without a say in what goes on. Having a say means you did something to earn it. Having a say isn't a policy welfare program doled out by the frick'n UN.

We are going to stand by our allies in this and we are going to win, and we will have a say on how these matters are settled. Jack Layton can go to hell in a hand basket if he doesn't understand this.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Jack Layton says ....

Jay said:
By giving aid to England during WW2 we ran the risk of being the targets of Nazi aggression too. But we won the war. Does anyone actually think we would have a seat at the world power tables had we not fought that war? The answer is no, no we wouldn't. It is exactly as Mulroney said to the Europeans "we are not renting our seats at this table".

People who can't understand this seemingly want to have Canada become some sort of isolationist state, without a say in what goes on. Having a say means you did something to earn it. Having a say isn't a policy welfare program doled out by the frick'n UN.

We are going to stand by our allies in this and we are going to win, and we will have a say on how these matters are settled. Jack Layton can go to hell in a hand basket if he doesn't understand this.

Win what?? there is nothing to win, except ressources. The war on terror is already lost, simple as that.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

aeon said:
Win what?? there is nothing to win, except ressources. The war on terror is already lost, simple as that.

Oh, I forgot about that resource rich Afghanistan. We can't wait to get our hands on all those sheep…

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Jay said:
aeon said:

Oh, I forgot about that resource rich Afghanistan. We can't wait to get our hands on all those sheep…

LOL, funny, but afganisthan is a strategic place to build an oil pipeline,even before 9-11, us wanted to invade afganisthan, exactly for those reason.

here is an article....

http://www.john-loftus.com/enron3.asp

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I'm aware of the pipeline theory, but that is hardly a conventional resource.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What's really funny is that Afghanistan is what caused the boycott of the Moscow Olympics; then the US trained bin Laden to fight the Russians; they finally gave up. Now it's the West that's fighting in Afghanistan, because of bin Laden. I'm sure a whole lot of Russians are thinking, "See? Now you understand our point?"

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Oil, Gas, Sheep, Caviar. People need to look at things a little bit on the broader side. China is growing, and will eventually be challenging the US, any questions?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Jay said:

But it is needed for the us economy,and you think afganisthan doesnt have nice ressource?? what about opium??

The taliban got rid of 90% of opium production in 2000 according to the united nation, the greatest drug catch in human history, after the us coaltion invasion , that 90% of opium production got back on the market, thankx to the bush administration.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I'm sorry aeon, I just don't believe that conspiracy theory.

But hey, maybe it was Bin Laden that wanted to free up all that opium. I mean he's the one who orchestrated the attacks on 9/11. Maybe since Binny comes from oil money, maybe he wanted that pipe line running through his terrorist training camp....

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Jay said:
I'm sorry aeon, I just don't believe that conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory??, it is all about facts, don t believe it??it is very well documented and here some articles just for you..

According to CNN, opium production in Afghanistan is 36 times higher than at the end of Taliban rule. incredible isnt??

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/11/28/afghanistan.drugs.reut/index.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0513/p01s04-wosc.html?s=spworld

Jay said:
But hey, maybe it was Bin Laden that wanted to free up all that opium. I mean he's the one who orchestrated the attacks on 9/11. Maybe since Binny comes from oil money, maybe he wanted that pipe line running through his terrorist training camp...

We have never seen credible evidence that oussama bin laden was behind 9-11, what we have seeen, is distortion and covered up of the event 9-11 by the bush administration.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:
Didn't Al Qaida admit it?

He created the training camps, he must have given the orders along the way for the attack of that magnitude.

Oussama bin laden right after 9-11, denied he was involved, saying, killing innoncent people isnt what the koran tought to them, and then in 2004, a new video of oussama bin laden came out and he states that other terrorist attack could emerge in usa in the line of 9-11, but thats it.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:
Can you provide links. i always thought someone, if not Bin Laden had admitted to it. This is interesting.

Osama bin Laden responded by reading a statement on September 16, 2001, "I stress that I have not carried out this act, which appears to have been carried out by individuals with their own motivation," which was broadcast by Qatar's Al Jazeera satellite channel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11,_2001_attacks

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006
And from the same link:

"In November 2001, U.S. forces recovered a videotape from a destroyed house in Jalalabad, Afghanistan which showed Osama bin Laden talking to Khaled al-Harbi. [7] In the tape, bin Laden admits to planning the attacks. The factuality of the tape is questioned in the Muslim world: "But the BBC's Middle East correspondent, Frank Gardner, says that at street level in the Arab world, many believe the tape is a fake, a PR gimmick dreamed up by the US administration." [8]. The tape was broadcast on various news networks in December 2001."

I saw this broadcast and believe it to be credible. Also from the same link:

Shortly before the US presidential election in 2004 in a taped statement, bin Laden publicly acknowledged al-Qaida's involvement in the attacks on the U.S, and admitted his direct link to the attacks. He said that the attacks were carried out because "we are a free people who do not accept injustice, and we want to regain the freedom of our nation."

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
aeon

You are one of those people that if I knew in person could very well drive me to drink with your logic.

You first compare Bush with the likes of Hitler and Stalin, and then you believe Osama Bin Laden because he said he had nothing to do with the attacks on September 11th.

Reason does not appear to be your forte :roll:

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's

aeon said:
Jay said:

But it is needed for the us economy,and you think afganisthan doesnt have nice ressource?? what about opium??

The taliban got rid of 90% of opium production in 2000 according to the united nation, the greatest drug catch in human history, after the us coaltion invasion , that 90% of opium production got back on the market, thankx to the bush administration.

The opium production is back up because the warlords and gang-bosses took over after the Taliban was run out of town. Partially because we didn't have the military resources to fully protect and police the country. Thus, the outlying provinces fell into the hands of armed thugs. Which is why we're still fighting in Afghanistan, because the jobs not finished.

If we were to defeat the Taliban, and then leave the people under mob rule, it would be extremely callous of us, and we would probably come under attack by paranoid lefties for "letting the Afghanistanis to die". As it is we're under attack by paranoid lefties for staying in and "continuing a neo-imperialist war for oil." Funny world.