It's only $90k !!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
O.K. I was thinking retail not cunits. I notice on the financial reports lumber is still quoted by a 1000 board feet. (I think)

Try exporting lumber that isn't metric. When was the last time you've bought a sheet of plywood that wasn't metric?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Try exporting lumber that isn't metric. When was the last time you've bought a sheet of plywood that wasn't metric?

In July I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood and lots of 4' X 8' sheets of gyproc in the past 6 months.
I guess you can do a hard conversion.

I notice on the news when giving descriptions of lost or wanted people they always use metric (generally to several places of decimals) but coincidentally it works out to an exact imperial figure like 6' and 180 lbs. -:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In July I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of plywood and lots of 4' X 8' sheets of gyproc in the past 6 months.
I guess you can do a hard conversion.

I notice on the news when giving descriptions of lost or wanted people they always use metric (generally to several places of decimals) but coincidentally it works out to an exact imperial figure like 6' and 180 lbs. -:)

What was the thickness?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When it was the Liberals and their scandal the Conservatives played it for all its
worth and now the shoe is on the other foot. Two things going on here one its
about the perception of honesty itself and trust in an institution. The other thing
is this. Harper came to office stating things like this would not happen. He was
the one who appointed more than one person who might have done a criminal
deed the investigation continues. In parliaments the opposition will attack any
government in power to destabilize the powers that be its their job. Harper did it
to the Liberals and now karma is in full swing in return.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When it was the Liberals and their scandal the Conservatives played it for all its
about the perception of honesty itself and trust in an institution. The other thing
is this. Harper came to office stating things like this would not happen. He was
government in power to destabilize the powers that be its their job. Harper did it

They are all tarred with the same brush, it doesn't matter which bunch of bandits are in power, it's just a different bunch of bandits profiting, be it political bandits or corporate bandits.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
So, when the guy driving the bus is weaving all over the road, do you just figure that all other drivers are the same and brace for the crash ?The "their all the same" argument is just silly.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, when the guy driving the bus is weaving all over the road, do you just figure that all other drivers are the same and brace for the crash ?The "their all the same" argument is just silly.

Poor analogy- there are in fact some good bus drivers, but I've yet to see a group of politicians who have managed to sustain functionality, integrity, and efficiency.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Poor analogy- there are in fact some good bus drivers, but I've yet to see a group of politicians who has managed to sustain functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
The IQ of a committee is the IQ of the stupidest person on the committee divided by the number of people on the committee.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The IQ of a committee is the IQ of the stupidest person on the committee divided by the number of people on the committee.

Yeah, there are definitely times when you are inclined to believe that......................it all depends who is the most influencial person on the committee. -:)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

The shoe is on the other foot?

I hardly think this scandal, and I agree it is a scandal, is even close to the criminal activity that went on during Adscam.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The shoe is on the other foot?

I hardly think this scandal, and I agree it is a scandal, is even close to the criminal activity that went on during Adscam.

You know what you're right, it's not even remotely close. But at this point I don't freaking care, because it's one after another after another. Grrr, argh.

I almost say we fire the whole damn lot and put the apes in charge.

Plant of the Apes, The Canadian version.

Apes in Toques.