Israeli Planes Attack Gaza Targets

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Can you prove the Palestinians assassinated by the Israelis were militants? No. Palestinians do admit to causing civilian casualties, but for Israelis, every Palestinian is a militant.

BTW, I wasn't complaining I was just observing that LM got the sequence backwards.

I'm not taking the side of either belligerent in this conflict. Both sides have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity. Both sides have deliberately targeted civilians. Neither side can claim the moral high ground.

I'm on Canada's side and the side of innocent civilians. I think we should stay out of this conflict. I am against the Harper government's unshakable support of one group of war criminals against the other war criminals. I think signing a Mutual Defense Pact with Israel is a very bad idea.

Easy to say when you are safely ensconced in a chair in a nice home and do not have to worry about things over there. Easy to say.
But if you follow what Hamas has been inching towards in somewhat veiled statements they are close to renouncing violence as a means to a 2 State solution. Now when that happens what about those that are still for killing Jews.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Actually that was sarcasm again. Maybe I should post an emoticon. ... Regarding demonization, I quoted Goober pretty much word for word but switched Israelis for Palestinians. I was just jerking his chain. But I noticed how you didn't notice his demonization of Palestinians, even though our posts are nearly identical. Gotcha!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Actually that was sarcasm again.
No it wasn't. It's the common theme of every one of your anti Israeli posts.

So now the topic has moved on to your favorite one. Attacking the messenger.
The day you figure out how to be objective, is the day I actually try and have a civil conversation with you (Which I'd actually love to do). Until then, I'll be here to make sure passers by, understand exactly who and what you really are.

Using your standards no less.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Goober:Can you prove the 3 Israelis were off Soldiers. No -
The Israel's do admit to causing civilian casualties. But for Hamas every Jew is a legitimate target for killing.

There's that demonization again!

eao: Can you prove the Palestinians assassinated by the Israelis were militants? No
Palestinians do admit to causing civilian casualties, but for Israelis, every Palestinian is a militant.

Notice any similarities now? Slam dunk!

ciao

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Israel's do admit to causing civilian casualties. But for Hamas every Jew is a legitimate target for killing.

No, that's a fact. It says so in their own Charter.

eao: Can you prove the Palestinians assassinated by the Israelis were militants? No
Palestinians do admit to causing civilian casualties, but for Israelis, every Palestinian is a militant.

Not really. Goobs stated a fact. You proved you were actually deominzing israel. Now that's a "Slam Dunk".

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

ciao
Myself I at times prefer to set aside a bogus claim of a Slam Dunk and I then go for the kill. Double Tap of course.

Oman Tribune - the edge of knowledge

Hundreds of Palestinians crowded around the charred remains of the car, which was hit in the bright afternoon sunshine on a main urban thoroughfare.

Hamas security officials confirmed that Batsh was killed in the attack, along with a second man, Sobhi Al Batsh, a member of Hamas’s armed wing, the Ezzedine Al Qassam Brigades.

Essam was a member of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an offshoot of Abbas’s Fatah movement, group officials
said. The Islamist group Hamas said Sobhi was affiliated with its own armed wing.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

My Free Wallpapers - Cartoons Wallpaper : Spy vs. Spy

Israelis killed in attacks near Egypt border

Gunmen attack a bus carrying soldiers, a car and a military patrol near southern resort of Eilat

At least seven people have been killed in a series of attacks in southern Israel near the resort town of Eilat.
The attacks hit a bus carrying off-duty soldiers back from their bases, a passenger car and a military patrol.
An Israeli military statement said a "large number" of assailants were working in multiple squads.
"Terrorists fired at a bus on its way to Eilat and fired an anti-tank rocket at another vehicle. At the same time, a military patrol hit an explosive device," it said.
A television station, Channel 10, later reported a fourth attack. There was no immediate confirmation from Israeli officials.
Reports from the first attack said a vehicle followed the bus, then two to three gunmen got out and opened fire with automatic weapons. The assailants fled with Israeli security forces in pursuit and a gun battle followed.

G and CB

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Gunmen attack a bus carrying soldiers, a car and a military patrol near southern resort of Eilat

At least seven people have been killed in a series of attacks in southern Israel near the resort town of Eilat.
The attacks hit a bus carrying off-duty soldiers back from their bases, a passenger car and a military patrol.
An Israeli military statement said a "large number" of assailants were working in multiple squads.
"Terrorists fired at a bus on its way to Eilat and fired an anti-tank rocket at another vehicle. At the same time, a military patrol hit an explosive device," it said.
A television station, Channel 10, later reported a fourth attack. There was no immediate confirmation from Israeli officials.
Reports from the first attack said a vehicle followed the bus, then two to three gunmen got out and opened fire with automatic weapons. The assailants fled with Israeli security forces in pursuit and a gun battle followed.

G and CB

So they were terrorists?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Easy to say when you are safely ensconced in a chair in a nice home and do not have to worry about things over there. Easy to say.
But if you follow what Hamas has been inching towards in somewhat veiled statements they are close to renouncing violence as a means to a 2 State solution. Now when that happens what about those that are still for killing Jews.

I fully support the right of Israeli citizens to live without fear of Missiles or Mortars

Related:

Under a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas in June 2008, Israel agreed to lift its blockade of Gaza Strip. It was reported that in August 2008, Israel was still allowing in very few goods.[42]

Since the ceasefire began, the fighting with Israel has died down, but the strict sanctions remain. Most of the one-and-a-half million people living in Gaza are now reliant on food aid, and are unable to enter or leave the strip. Over the last year, tens of thousands of people in Gaza have lost their jobs. Most industrial operations have stopped because raw materials are not being allowed into the territory, or produced goods allowed out for export.

I also support Universal Fundamental Human Rights

I renounce religious based discrimination and violence

As of July 2009, 304,569 Israelis were living in 121 officially-recognised settlements in the West Bank and 192,000 Israelis were living in East Jerusalem. As of 2009, there were 102 unauthorized outposts in the West Bank

White House envoy George Mitchell, the former U.S. senator... has been trying to relaunch peace talks since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009. But his efforts have hit repeated stumbling blocks, including an Israeli decision in March to build 1,600 homes for Jews in east Jerusalem, the section of the city claimed by the Palestinians.

Related

Israeli police evicted two Palestinian families in east Jerusalem on Sunday, then allowed Jewish settlers to move into their homes, drawing criticism from Palestinians, the United Nations and the State Department. Police arrived before dawn and cordoned off part of the Arab neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah before forcibly removing more than 50 people, said Chris Gunness, spokesman for the U.N. agency in charge of Palestinian refugees. See all 4 photos | Click to enlarge
Israeli workers unload the belongings of a Palestinan family in a street after they were evicted from their house in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah Sunday. U.N. staff later saw vehicles bringing Jewish settlers to move into the homes...

Related
...we were taking a painful and very difficult step for all of us, especially those, including myself, who were forced to leave their homes and their towns and villages, carrying only some of our belongings and our grief and our memories and the keys of our homes to the camps of exile and the Diaspora in the 1948 Al-Nakba,

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I fully support the right of Israeli citizens to live without fear of Missiles or Mortars
That's why Israel attacked the terrorists.

I also support Universal Fundamental Human Rights

I renounce religious based discrimination and violence
So you keep saying. Who are you trying to convince, us, or yourself?

You never did tell me why you included me in that post about a past terrorist act.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
That story is four months old.......
Repost:
More rockets hit Israel after spike in violence in the Gaza Strip
Friday, December 9, 1:03 PM

Palestinian militants fired at least 11 rockets into Israel on Friday after an airstrike against a Hamas target in Gazathat killed a Palestinian civilian and his 12-year-old son. The rockets landed in Israeli territory but caused no casualties, Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said. Air-raid sirens and bomb shelters have helped keep civilian casualties low in southern Israel over years of rocket fire from Gaza.

The latest exchange followed several days of violence in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.
Earlier Friday, Israel carried out multiple airstrikes against Hamas facilities. One damaged a house next to a targeted site, killing 42-year-old civilian Bahajat Zaalan and wounding several members of his family, according to Gaza health official Adham Abu Salmia. One of the wounded, Zaalan’s son Ramadan, died of his injuries later Friday, the official said.
Other houses were damaged by fire or shrapnel and a total of 25 people were wounded, Abu Salmia said.
More rockets hit Israel after spike in violence in the Gaza Strip - The Washington Post

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Repost:
More rockets hit Israel after spike in violence in the Gaza StripFriday, December 9, 1:03 PM
The latest exchange followed several days of violence in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.
Earlier Friday, Israel carried out multiple airstrikes against Hamas facilities. One damaged a house next to a targeted site, killing 42-year-old civilian Bahajat Zaalan and wounding several members of his family, according to Gaza health official Adham Abu Salmia. One of the wounded, Zaalan’s son Ramadan, died of his injuries later Friday, the official said.
Other houses were damaged by fire or shrapnel and a total of 25 people were wounded, Abu Salmia said.
More rockets hit Israel after spike in violence in the Gaza Strip - The Washington Post
He's talking about this one, as if you didn't know....

G and CB