Israel detroys suspected nuclear reactor in Syria

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Just amazes me how people can back Israel because they are a so called allie, and slam/attack most other middleeast countries simply because they are not close allies to the USA or the West.

On of these times Israel will bite off more than they can chew, and I just hope Canada stays the hell out of the situation and let them fight their own battles. Maybe peace would actually reign in the Middleeast if Israel lost for a change.

Yeah, theyre just jews. F*ck em, right?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
There is no official "State of War". Israel, with the backing of that other terrorist state, the U.S., does exactly what she wants and if you don't believe in that status quo, you are a Nazi. As is anyone who criticizes Israel. Israel is an ally of Israel and only Israel.

Funny, according to both Israel and Syria they are in a state of war. Syria doesn't want peace, now, perhaps Israel doesn't either. That is neither here nor there.

They both agree they are at war, they can both shoot at each other then.

But to claim their is no "State of war" is a bold faced lie, both parties agree they are at war, they are shooting each other, so it isn't really in question that they are at war.

If you think its any different for Syria get a noggin. Syria has always done whatever it wants with the backing of its other "terrorist state" Russia (who even now gives it weapons) and anyone who didn't agree with that status quo was shot, as is anyone who critisized it.

Its pretty daft to think the USA is the only nation in the world that engages in clandestine activities and brutal warfare through proxy.

The USA is the worst at it, the only reason it gets so much flak is because it admits its wrong and as a whole tries to avoid getting involved.

While you can no doubt compile a list of US and/or Israeli atrocities to make any human being sick, you could still compile a list 5 times as long with any other nation in the world.

For all their Ills, America is still the thinnest kid at fat camp.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Watch the movie "Wag the Dog" sometime. The Israeli attack on Syria is just part of the campaign to justify bombing Iran. Cheney can say, "Well our allies had to bomb Syria to stop nuclear proliferation so it's ok to bomb Iran now too". The US has been itching to give the Iranians payback for the revolution and US Embassy hostage taking way back in 1979-80.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
While you can no doubt compile a list of US and/or Israeli atrocities to make any human being sick, you could still compile a list 5 times as long with any other nation in the world.

5 times eh...well jeez....that makes all the difference in the world....why didn't someone point this out before? 5 times for God's sake...... that makes the americans and isreali's...what.....saints?:roll:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Just amazes me how people can back Israel because they are a so called allie, and slam/attack most other middleeast countries simply because they are not close allies to the USA or the West.

On of these times Israel will bite off more than they can chew, and I just hope Canada stays the hell out of the situation and let them fight their own battles. Maybe peace would actually reign in the Middleeast if Israel lost for a change.

I'm pretty sure Israel offered to relinquish the Golan Heights in exchange for peace as recently as last year, if not earlier this year. There was no reply from Syria.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm pretty sure Israel offered to relinquish the Golan Heights in exchange for peace as recently as last year, if not earlier this year. There was no reply from Syria.

let's look at 2006

The Speaker of the Israeli parliament, Dalia Itzik, is one of those pleading for talks to begin. "Syria is sending signals all the time and I am not sure that we have the luxury of wasting opportunities like those," she said. "Imagine a new alliance with Syria. It is possible. Should we miss it?"
But the prime minister, Ehud Olmert, has dismissed such calls. Mr Olmert, who is politically vulnerable after his much-criticised handling of this summer's war in Lebanon, is in no mood to make territorial concessions.
He fuelled tension this week by insisting that "the Golan Heights will remain in our hands forever".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/30/wmid30.xml

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

I see your 2006 and raise you one 2007

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=154071&version=1&template_id=37&parent_id=17

Israel has told Syria it is willing to trade land for peace and is waiting to hear whether President Bashar al-Assad would cut ties with Iran and hostile guerrilla groups in return, Israeli officials said yesterday.
One said Syrian officials had so far indicated a willingness to conduct discreet contacts that might lead to a resumption of formal peace talks after a seven-year hiatus.
In two weeks, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is due to meet US President George W Bush, who would play a crucial role in any such process.
Two days after Olmert confirmed Israel had sent conciliatory messages to Damascus, Israeli media widely reported a leak to a newspaper that quoted a senior diplomat saying Syria had been reminded that Israel was ready to discuss returning the Golan Heights, captured 40 years ago this week, if peace talks resume.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, theyre just jews. F*ck em, right?

Here we go with the plaintive cry "They're just Jews"

They're just Jews that were allowed to steal the homes and land of people who had inhabited those homes and that land for fourteen hundred years. They're just Jews who were armed to the teeth by the U.S.
David Ben Gurion said at the creation of Israel that they would never be tied down to only that land. In a series of land grab wars, a well armed Israel has tripled the size of that country since 1948 and there is no end in sight. They have stolen land from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt while the rest of the world watched and did nothing.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
5 times eh...well jeez....that makes all the difference in the world....why didn't someone point this out before? 5 times for God's sake...... that makes the americans and isreali's...what.....saints?:roll:

It means let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

You wanna rag on Israel, are you even the slightest bit familiar with Canadian History?

Who are you going to get to "punish" Israel for its wrongs, when most other nations in the world are worse.

It would be like a serial killer and a child molester, acting as judge and jury for a mugger named Israel.

Even on its worst days, Israel and the Middle east are tamer than Africa on Africa's best days.

So why is it people focus more on the evils of a Jewish nation, but can't put half as much energy into helping a black one.

Maybe there is some reason other than race, but I mean really.. if you took the names out of all the events and just labeled them "Country A" and "Country B" you'd find a hard time caring about Israel.

Again, its like focusing on stopping a Jay walker and letting a serial killer get away becaues of it.

It really does sicken me. What is the cause?

Reactions: Just the Facts

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It means let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

You wanna rag on Israel, are you even the slightest bit familiar with Canadian History?

Who are you going to get to "punish" Israel for its wrongs, when most other nations in the world are worse.

It would be like a serial killer and a child molester, acting as judge and jury for a mugger named Israel.

Even on its worst days, Israel and the Middle east are tamer than Africa on Africa's best days.

So why is it people focus more on the evils of a Jewish nation, but can't put half as much energy into helping a black one.

Maybe there is some reason other than race, but I mean really.. if you took the names out of all the events and just labeled them "Country A" and "Country B" you'd find a hard time caring about Israel.

Again, its like focusing on stopping a Jay walker and letting a serial killer get away becaues of it.

It really does sicken me. What is the cause?

WHy is it those that support the u.s. and isreal constantly have to use the "but they are worse" or "they did it first" argument?

I always thought that democratically elected countries were "better" than those "other guys". I always thought that we should be held to a higher standard than those "other guys". Obviously I am wrong. They really are no better than "those other guys" and it's just the same shyte, different pile.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I see your 2006 and raise you one 2007

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=154071&version=1&template_id=37&parent_id=17

Israel has told Syria it is willing to trade land for peace and is waiting to hear whether President Bashar al-Assad would cut ties with Iran and hostile guerrilla groups in return, Israeli officials said yesterday.
One said Syrian officials had so far indicated a willingness to conduct discreet contacts that might lead to a resumption of formal peace talks after a seven-year hiatus.
In two weeks, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is due to meet US President George W Bush, who would play a crucial role in any such process.
Two days after Olmert confirmed Israel had sent conciliatory messages to Damascus, Israeli media widely reported a leak to a newspaper that quoted a senior diplomat saying Syria had been reminded that Israel was ready to discuss returning the Golan Heights, captured 40 years ago this week, if peace talks resume.

Interesting little quote from your article:

Polls show about half of Israeli voters would be ready to give back some of the Golan but few would give up all of the land. That poses a challenge to a leader as unpopular as Olmert.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Interesting little quote from your article:

Can you blame them for being cynical? Look what pulling out of Gaza got them. Of course they're tentative. Keep the land and be in a perpetual state of war. Give up the land and still be in a perpetual state of war, but given the enemy a better vantage point to attack.

Tough choice.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Israel is an ally of Israel and only Israel.
I'll have to agree with that 100%.
Maybe peace would actually reign in the Middleeast if Israel lost for a change.
It sure would, right after the mass graves were filled and the genocide neatly cleaned up.

Now that's funny.
Here we go with the plaintive cry "They're just Jews"

They're just Jews that were allowed to steal the homes and land of people who had inhabited those homes and that land for fourteen hundred years. They're just Jews who were armed to the teeth by the U.S.
David Ben Gurion said at the creation of Israel that they would never be tied down to only that land. In a series of land grab wars, a well armed Israel has tripled the size of that country since 1948 and there is no end in sight. They have stolen land from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt while the rest of the world watched and did nothing.
To use one of your words...

Poppycock...

They surely didn't draw first blood.

They were set upon in their first day as a nation, by how many countries juan?

WHy is it those that support the u.s. and isreal constantly have to use the "but they are worse" or "they did it first" argument?
That wasn't his arguement.

It was...

"Who's clean enough to judge them"

I always thought that democratically elected countries were "better" than those "other guys". I always thought that we should be held to a higher standard than those "other guys". Obviously I am wrong. They really are no better than "those other guys" and it's just the same shyte, different pile.
Pretty much.

I'm sorry for forcing the realization.

Can you blame them for being cynical? Look what pulling out of Gaza got them. Of course they're tentative. Keep the land and be in a perpetual state of war. Give up the land and still be in a perpetual state of war, but given the enemy a better vantage point to attack.

Tough choice.
No shyte, lost on the bleeding hearts, but no shyte...