Island Summit a Success!!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
It appears the Canada/US relations are in fine form. Zenfisher and Edgewater made the trek from across the 49th up to Victoria to visit Peapod, Galianomoma and Cosmo. The summit was a success.

We gleaned secrets about Rev ( :twisted: got all the goods), discovered Edge's sense of humour (or, in her case, humor) is as quick and delightful in person as it is online and that Zen is as smart and funny (not to mention has great hair) as he appears online.

True to form, Peapod kept twisting out our Jack Russell so everyone in the room had to spend their time dodging a flying furball on the back of their couch or chair. Once we put the shock collar on Pea, things calmed down and we got the chance to visit.

Pea created her usual spread ... all hand made ... hummus, spinach dip, roasted red pepper dip ... yum!!!! And Edge delivered the promised bunny pants cookies. Dang, I may never have to cook again if I keep cultivating friendships on this board!!

Edge and Zen brought presents (I always LOVE presents!!) but am sure they see the folly of feeding Peapod chocolate covered coffee beans. The woman is berserk to start with, then add the sugar and caffeine rush and she's full on frenzy. Even the gorgeous lavender scent they brought couldn't calm her down. Hadda take out to puff one to get her slowed to light speed. ;)

Galianomoma (and her Mr. and her mom) opened their home to us bunch of wayward souls ... even did the cleanup after we made a getaway! Nothin like a bunch of good conversation, good food and a cozy warm fireplace to enjoy it in front of. And Moche only peed on the floor once!

Anyway, that was my version of the day. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the perspectives! Maybe Zen will even post a pic or two. Next time, tho, we're all heading south to visit Zen and Edge and get our mitts on some cheap smokes on the return trip. ;)

We're still talking about hiring a bus to start here on the Island, picking up people along the way, and making a house call on Rev. Gack ... imagine being locked in a bus with Peapod and the Jack Russell for days? 8O 8O Mebbe not.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Okay, let's start with the important stuff....
Next time, tho, we're all heading south to visit Zen and Edge and get our mitts on some cheap smokes on the return trip.

Get me a carton of Marlboros. I love Marlboros. BTW, smokes really aren't cheap in Waashington.

We gleaned secrets about Rev ( Twisted Evil got all the goods),

I'd claim they were all lies, but they're likely true. Kind of dull too.

discovered Edge's sense of humour (or, in her case, humor) is as quick and delightful in person as it is online and that Zen is as smart and funny (not to mention has great hair) as he appears online.

Zen has great hair? You sure that wasn't a wig? Did Edge teach him to comb? He didn't start washing, did he?

Edge and Zen brought presents (I always LOVE presents!!) but am sure they see the folly of feeding Peapod chocolate covered coffee beans.

They send us presents sometimes too. I loved those coffee beans. I had to drink 36 beer so I could go to sleep, so I likely won't eat them by the fistful again, but I did like them.

Maybe Zen will even post a pic or two

Yeah...pictures. We want pictures.

We're still talking about hiring a bus to start here on the Island, picking up people along the way, and making a house call on Rev.

You should have shown up today. I could have pointed out how sloppy framing makes drywalling more difficult. I also could have used some help lifting heavy things. Oh, and you missed seeing me make a perfect ten foot cut with a sawzall. Most people don't use sawzalls when drywalling. Most people don't know what they're missing.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Yes and let me just say, what wonderful people they are to!! and dat mama, she starts gettin all teary eyed, probally all the booze she drank :p I am gonna kill that dog of cosmos :twisted: :twisted:

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Well Edge and I had a blast. Our thanks to all. They kept feeding me beer...my kinda people. Peapod put out enough food for a thousand people. ( Believe it or not Podafier we were sneaking snacks here and there.) Galianomama and hubby have some cool digs and were the most gracious of hosts. Cosmo and the Pod were masters of some tricky transport problems. It is great to finally be able to put some faces to the posters here. Pics will be coming ....they just have to be shrunk down a bit first. Andem might get a little upset if I used the file size they were shot in.

Next time we will squeeze some more time out of the tyrants I work for and spend a little more time up there.We look forward to Y'all comin' down here.( we were sitting by some people from Kentucky on the way back ...so Edge & I are on this Y'all kick.)

Rev the smokes may not be cheap in Washington...but they were on the ferry down.

Oh yeah and Cosmo...your puppy is fine...a little excitable but adorable none the less.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I see you guys have made it safe and sound on the hydro foil :p and when I gotta take food over to da mama house, well I always gots to bring exta, da mama always insists on viddles for at least a week, in case a earth quake or something happens during da visit. Hey Zen check your pms :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Rev the smokes may not be cheap in Washington...but they were on the ferry down.

Likely some kind of duty free thing. I bought smokes at a grovery store when I was there and when I figured it out with the exchange rate, they cost almost as much as smokes here. They were Marlboros though, so what the hell.

Oh yeah and Cosmo...your puppy is fine...a little excitable but adorable none the less.

He didn't bite you on the toe then? :wink: