Is there security, psychologically?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I don't go to church.
Different people go for different reasons ; psychological security they find being a part of a congregation and being supported by it ; the Church being a segment of their culture they were brought up in ...something that one "has to do" ; some people don't go to Church ...for different reasons
Is yours a rhetorical question?
For those who don't search / reason for an answer, it always is.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
ironside
Quote: Originally Posted by china
Just wondered :....Is there security, psychologically and if so ...why ?
Huh??? :icon_smile:
YES , Krishnamurti was a great man with many great questions and many great answers .
Unfortunately he is DEAD besides never being a member of CCF.
My questions are addressed to the "living" membership of the CCF

Is there a psychological security ?

lone wolf

It's the best way to gather up responses for ridicule

What ?.......you really must be very lonely -wolf .

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
ironside
YES , Krishnamurti was a great man with many great questions and many great answers .
Unfortunately he is DEAD besides never being a member of CCF.
My questions are addressed to the "living" membership of the CCF

Is there a psychological security ?

lone wolf

What ?.......you really must be very lonely -wolf .
Not really but how interesting a conclusion to which you'd draw. Perhaps you have found the answer to your quest. Did you look inside to find that?

Percarus

Apr 21, 2013
Perth - Australia
Back to the OP question... Sure, just about everyone I know achieves a state of security only through psychological means. We accept the world around us mainly at face value, and when we cannot cope with the environment around us our very own brain undergoes a stage of trickery and self-deception most of the times. We try to condition ourselves (through reasoning and validations) into a state of relativistic ‘comfort’, mayhap subjective. Psychologists’ main purposeis to bring about a state of security onto their patients – this is a well established science. One may be said to have reached a personal ‘Nirvana’ when he/she achieves ‘ultimate’ security in the face of whatever environment or hardship – if you learn to do this without suffering please tell me someday.

I do hope on having children someday, and I have philosophised deeply about a plausible way to raise kids so that they are in complete psychological comfort and security that will naturally fend them away from any plausible hurt should it arise. This without them being oblivious and ignorant of dis-pleasurable sensations, and hence their understanding – but without experiencing it themselves. I am still along way off completing my project, but I believe I may need to amass considerable wealth in order to raise ‘pain-free’ wise eudemonic children – not likely this lifetime.

I guess that the biggest psychological comfort, and security, one can attain (and also by the easiest means) is the acceptance of religion into one’s life, a higher entity if you must say so. Sure, it is possible without such a notion, but such technicalities in obtaining it in this sense I have not given much thought to yet.