Is Harper for REAL ?

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Harper is for real and is real, for the better or the worse, I haven't made up my mind, but am backing him until the Liberals can prove they are better.

What is Stephen Harper real for JLM ? Please explain ?

You need not explain or trash anyone else. Liberals aside what is Stephen Harper doing for the Conservative Party ?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What is Stephen Harper real for JLM ? Please explain ?

You need not explain or trash anyone else. Liberals aside what is Stephen Harper doing for the Conservative Party ?

I'm not sure what he's doing for the Conserative Party and not being a Conservative myself I don't really care, all I'm concerned about is what he's done for me- saved me a couple of grand in income splitting on my taxes and that is money, so is REAL.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I'm not sure what he's doing for the Conserative Party and not being a Conservative myself I don't really care, all I'm concerned about is what he's done for me- saved me a couple of grand in income splitting on my taxes and that is money, so is REAL.

As I cannot verify your income tax it is impossible for me to dispute your claim.

However what you claim to be "couple of grand" cannot be affected by line 150 of your T1 of your income tax.

You would benefit much more if you would have a lower tax or seniors rate then income splitting. As soon as your better half ( your wife ) passes away or you do, the taxes will kill either of you like you never seen before.

You won't think Harper is so great anymore..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As I cannot verify your income tax it is impossible for me to dispute your claim.

However what you claim to be "couple of grand" cannot be affected by line 150 of your T1 of your income tax.

You would benefit much more if you would have a lower tax or seniors rate then income splitting. As soon as your better half ( your wife ) passes away or you do, the taxes will kill either of you like you never seen before.

You won't think Harper is so great anymore..

You could well be right, but why should I worry about that, if it's me that dies first I'm not going to care and if the wife goes first, who knows, by that time Harper may be out of there. As long as were benefitting financially I'm not in a huge rush to get him out. As I've said before about 99% of politicians are basically rotten so what's the chance of someone better replacing him? 1% maybe.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
You could well be right, but why should I worry about that, if it's me that dies first I'm not going to care and if the wife goes first, who knows, by that time Harper may be out of there. As long as were benefitting financially I'm not in a huge rush to get him out. As I've said before about 99% of politicians are basically rotten so what's the chance of someone better replacing him? 1% maybe.

You see only the short term gain JLM.. I agree that most politicians cannot be trusted but once legislation of certain kind is placed it can be hard to retract.. That is my point..

Think about this..

- Retracting Split income ?
- Retracting multiple levels of Income tax breaks ( multi level ) ?

Doing one level or benefit is much easier then doing multiple levels. There is a reason why they chose one over the other.. 95% of seniors over 75 years old live alone and do not get the benefit of income splitting.. At my Dad's home those who qualify out of the total home are two couples out of 100 possible people there. It is a senior complex. That is pretty bad odds..

Also what has been costing you much more everyday ? Why have daily staples cost you much more ? Do you not think long term and how your few thousand dollars are quickly eaten away in additional taxes ( Federal Gas taxes, Business taxes passed on to you in your product costs, Extra Income Tax from closed loopholes ), more costs to Federal access to programs ?

In any case all these things add up quickly and has eaten up what you saved.. I have less disposable income today then in 1980 and made half the salary.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Back to the topic, which was Harper is basically dividing the Conservative party and lying to the people or the party but in someway is lying again in view of new evidence..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You see only the short term gain JLM.. I agree that most politicians cannot be trusted but once legislation of certain kind is placed it can be hard to retract.. That is my point..

Think about this..

- Retracting Split income ?
- Retracting multiple levels of Income tax breaks ( multi level ) ?

Doing one level or benefit is much easier then doing multiple levels. There is a reason why they chose one over the other.. 95% of seniors over 75 years old live alone and do not get the benefit of income splitting.. At my Dad's home those who qualify out of the total home are two couples out of 100 possible people there. It is a senior complex. That is pretty bad odds..

Also what has been costing you much more everyday ? Why have daily staples cost you much more ? Do you not think long term and how your few thousand dollars are quickly eaten away in additional taxes ( Federal Gas taxes, Business taxes passed on to you in your product costs, Extra Income Tax from closed loopholes ), more costs to Federal access to programs ?

In any case all these things add up quickly and has eaten up what you saved.. I have less disposable income today then in 1980 and made half the salary.

I've never pretended he is right for everyone or even for me for all time, all I know is I was better off last year than in many previous years and my theory is if you are going to blame a guy for the sh*t you have to credit him for the gravy. I'm not a political person and don't spend a lot of time delving into the depths of these guys or try to get messages from their every gesture. I am fully cognizant of faults about the man, but he has the incentive of doing good so he can remain in power and meanwhile I'll be "frying bigger fish". :lol::lol::lol:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
It always has been and it always will be about power for Harper. He doesn't like to even co-operate with people in his own party, how bad must he want a majority where he doesn't have to worry about what the opposition thinks at all.

He took us into a meaningless election last fall in his last real bid for that majority, people south of the border are sick of conservative "Scorched Earth" politics and corruption and they've never been popular here.

He can blame the Liberals all he wants, the facts are he cares less about what most Canadians think and need than probably any leader we've had.

Over 100 dead Canadian soldiers in a campaign he has now admitted is all but hopeless and too many broken promises to name are proof of that.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
It always has been and it always will be about power for Harper. He doesn't like to even co-operate with people in his own party, how bad must he want a majority where he doesn't have to worry about what the opposition thinks at all.

He took us into a meaningless election last fall in his last real bid for that majority, people south of the border are sick of conservative "Scorched Earth" politics and corruption and they've never been popular here.

He can blame the Liberals all he wants, the facts are he cares less about what most Canadians think and need than probably any leader we've had.

Over 100 dead Canadian soldiers in a campaign he has now admitted is all but hopeless and too many broken promises to name are proof of that.

It always has been and always will be about power for every single person involved in politics.
All over the planet.
Mother Theresa may have been an exception but she is dead.
On a local Canadian level be they Con, Lib, Dipper or Bloq, they all crave power.
So why blame one politician for exhibiting characteristics that all politicians show?

As to the dead Canadian solders.
It's all on the Liberals.
That was a Liberal decision to become involved.
The Liberals committed the troops to the war in Afghanistan.
The Liberals shipped the troops over there.
Anyone remember when the Liberal Defense Minister refused to provide the troops with desert patterned uniforms and instead suggested that each soldier get a blanket and a spray bomb and create there own camouflage?
And then the Liberals promised and committed the soldiers for a fixed term.

The only thing Harper has done is refuse to break the standing Liberal commitment.

Seems kinda weird to blame Harper for that.

That blood from those brave troops is all over the Liberals.

It's funny how some people flat refuse to accept reality.

Trex