Is America a terrorist?

U.S.A. has:

• Committed terrorist acts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never committed terrorist acts.

• Committed them but they are exempt from criticism because [Insert your answer here].

• Total voters

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Muslim nations didnt do Terrorist acts, upuntill around the 60`s, thay have taken on terrorism as a means of warfare.... If theystates were a muslim country do you think themiddle east would have such a problem with them....

What kinda question is that.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
Re: RE: Is America a terrorist?

EastSideScotian said:
Muslim nations didnt do Terrorist acts, upuntill around the 60`s, thay have taken on terrorism as a means of warfare.... If theystates were a muslim country do you think themiddle east would have such a problem with them....

There is a couple of problems with your statement.
First, if religion is the absolute issue being that the Koran has been around for centuries, then why are Muslims just committing terrorists acts now?

Second, I'm stating that the U.S. is exempt from terrorist status (although they have committed terrorist acts) for no other reason other that they are a Neo-Christian country. Any Moslem country that had committed the same terrorist acts that the U.S. have committed, would today, be labled terrorists. See the hypocrasy here?

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
The Irish have commited all kinds of terrorism in the past but I wouldn't say they art terrorists, althought you seem to be refering to the US government rather than individuals. Libya also had much state-sponsored terrorism but wouldn't be called terrorists now. North Korea is really f*#@ed up, but isn't a terrorist.
Mabey the US is terrifying, or terrible but you have made no case for the label TERRORIST. I still think you are mis-using this term.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org

iARTthere4iam said:
The Irish have commited all kinds of terrorism in the past but I wouldn't say they art terrorists, althought you seem to be refering to the US government rather than individuals. Libya also had much state-sponsored terrorism but wouldn't be called terrorists now. North Korea is really f*#@ed up, but isn't a terrorist.
Mabey the US is terrifying, or terrible but you have made no case for the label TERRORIST. I still think you are mis-using this term.

The term terrorism is really quite subjective then. Yes? Therefore, I, as an individual have an exclusive right to label whom I want a "terrorist" according to my perspectives. However, I will not contradict myself by labelling one group "terrorists" while dismissing the same terrifying actions by another group. The world is full of terrorists: U.S.A. included.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario

Caleb-Dain Matton said:
EastSideScotian said:

First, if religion is the absolute issue being that the Koran has been around for centuries, then why are Muslims just committing terrorists acts now?

Second, I'm stating that the U.S. is exempt from terrorist status (although they have committed terrorist acts) for no other reason other that they are a Neo-Christian country. Any Moslem country that had committed the same terrorist acts that the U.S. have committed, would today, be labled terrorists. See the hypocrasy here?
Maybe you should read the Koran. No where does it state terrorism, or anything close to an act of terrorism. Muslim Fanatics, have taken the teachings and spun them to fundmentlist views. Suicide bombing haw been made to be a great thing to become a martyr, yet sucide is never mentioned in the Koran, They have been doing terrosit acts since the middle of the 20th centurey because fundemntalist have gained power in the middle east, and have gained support, through preaching anti-western spins on the Koran.
Id hardly call the USA a Neo-christian Country, its government possibly, but Governments dont always speak for its people. Terrorist dont speak for their people ethier.....I dont view this as a war on a religion, simply as a war against people who wish to harm others. Lets not forget, in iraq Terrorist exsist on both Sunni and Sheit sides, and they just blow each other up........in afganistain the Taliban blew up a bus of afgans because they worked on a Nato base..... Its not just the fact that terrorism is effecting the west, its the fact the Funamentalist want to kill anyone who doesnt agree with their twisted view. Canadian followers of Islam renouce the extreamist time and tiema gain, same int he USA...why? because they read the koran and they dont get the twisted perspective. Koran teaches Peace and togetherness......
Also terrorsit acts that the usa has commited? Iam not sure I follow you if you could list a few so i can check them out, and get an opinion on them that would be nice.

But I hope you dont actully thinkt he Koran breeds terrorism, becasue it doesnt.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org

EastSideScotian said:
Caleb-Dain Matton said:
EastSideScotian said:

Maybe you should read the Koran. No where does it state terrorism, or anything close to an act of terrorism. Muslim Fanatics, have taken the teachings and spun them to fundmentlist views. Suicide bombing haw been made to be a great thing to become a martyr, yet sucide is never mentioned in the Koran, They have been doing terrosit acts since the middle of the 20th centurey because fundemntalist have gained power in the middle east, and have gained support, through preaching anti-western spins on the Koran.
Id hardly call the USA a Neo-christian Country, its government possibly, but Governments dont always speak for its people. Terrorist dont speak for their people ethier.....I dont view this as a war on a religion, simply as a war against people who wish to harm others. Lets not forget, in iraq Terrorist exsist on both Sunni and Sheit sides, and they just blow each other up........in afganistain the Taliban blew up a bus of afgans because they worked on a Nato base..... Its not just the fact that terrorism is effecting the west, its the fact the Funamentalist want to kill anyone who doesnt agree with their twisted view. Canadian followers of Islam renouce the extreamist time and tiema gain, same int he USA...why? because they read the koran and they dont get the twisted perspective. Koran teaches Peace and togetherness......
Also terrorsit acts that the usa has commited? Iam not sure I follow you if you could list a few so i can check them out, and get an opinion on them that would be nice.

But I hope you dont actully thinkt he Koran breeds terrorism, becasue it doesnt.

East Side, I am well-immersed with the teachings of the Koran and agree with you 100% that religion is not the issue here. Qutb took passages from the Koran out of context to rally a militant response. Mohammed would have feverishly disagreed Qutb's using the Koran as a battle-manual. As for Qutb's goals, he knew that people are like sheep -- they are easy to herd with the right words, thus using the Koran this way. But, his motivation for terrorism was not religious (this we both agree) but instead was an issue of realpolitik stemmed from the Israeli occupation of Palestine. We have to remember here that Qutb is arguably considered the father of Islamic extreminism. So, we have to throw caution to the wind and examine that it is neither religion nor "freedom for Western living" that motivates current terrorist attacks, but instead Israeli aggression which the U.S. supports.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: Is America a terroris

There would be no Israeli agression if terrorist didnt attack them.....
Its all about the land.

And the hate on the west is much more than Our support to Isreal, Muslim extreamist veiw us as a secular socity, with no God, and also as Christains, which people have been twisted to beleave are the Muslim Enemy....When really we all belave the same God. Most Moderate, and non-exreame muslims regonize us as followers of the books...menaing the Old testoment, which the Jews and Muslims and Chrisitns all follow.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Caleb-Dain Matton said:
So, we have to throw caution to the wind and examine that it is neither religion nor "freedom for Western living" that motivates current terrorist attacks, but instead Israeli aggression which the U.S. supports.

So Thai Buddhists are staunch supporters of Israeli aggression? How about Indian Hindus? Somali Animists? Nigerian Christians? What have all these victims of Islamic radicals to do with Israel, or the U.S. for that matter? Your thesis does not hold up.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Is America a terroris

Yes, the USA is a terrorist state, it uses terrorist tactics in every theatre which it infects. The common misuse of and misapplication of the word terrorist is where much of the problem surrounding this old debate originates.I have provided the Websters dictionary meaning of this word here before and there is no doubt about it's meaning or Americas guilt. Similarly we could look at the word democracy and have the same insane illinformed argument from the right wing, when the elite own and operate a nation you do not have democracy.
Terror is the finest tool ever developed and applied by those same elite, for anyone to believe that the planets most powerful military industrial complex does not exercise the tools of war to thier fullest and foulest extent boggles the mind . The differance between war and terrorism does not exist though the dumb will insist that it does. It,s a matter of perspective,no objective differance exists.To those to stupid to understand that they are engaged in terrorist activitys, and live off the avails of terrorism, thank-god, who better to fill the trenches and charge the ramparts.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
To say that AMERICA is a terrorist is so wild a statement as to make your argument totally ridiculous. Nearly 300 million people in the US and you want to paint them all with this brush? If you said Rumsfeld, Cheney, or Kissenger was a terrorist I could at least agree that there is an argument to be made. But AMERICA? Come on. The vast majority don't know/ care what is going on beyond Survivor, or American Idol. People are bending over backwards to insist that the "terrorists" aren't all Arabs or muslims, so for you to paste all Americans as terrorists is beyond ridiculous. It's incredibly unfair does little to make your point. Try to be at least a little honest.

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org

iARTthere4iam said:
To say that AMERICA is a terrorist is so wild a statement as to make your argument totally ridiculous. Nearly 300 million people in the US and you want to paint them all with this brush? If you said Rumsfeld, Cheney, or Kissenger was a terrorist I could at least agree that there is an argument to be made. But AMERICA? Come on. The vast majority don't know/ care what is going on beyond Survivor, or American Idol. People are bending over backwards to insist that the "terrorists" aren't all Arabs or muslims, so for you to paste all Americans as terrorists is beyond ridiculous. It's incredibly unfair does little to make your point. Try to be at least a little honest.

Alright, let me rephrase - Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney, the CIA, Dulles, Bush Sr., Reagan, LBJ, McNamara, Sen. McCarthy and Kissinger are terrorists. Heck, I'll even throw in Clinton for his little Sudan fiasco.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Caleb-Dain Matton said:
iARTthere4iam said:

Alright, let me rephrase - Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney, the CIA, Dulles, Bush Sr., Reagan, LBJ, McNamara, Sen. McCarthy and Kissinger are terrorists. Heck, I'll even throw in Clinton for his little Sudan fiasco.

You skipped over and forgot Jimmy Carter.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
The yankees have committed both acts of terrorism and crimes against humanity.

In this decade alone Bushinski should be up on charges of crimes against humanity.

The problem with the yanks is they think they are above the law. That and their arrogance makes them prime targets for terrorists.