Iran - Sanctions - Blockades - War - Treaties - to name a few possibilities

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Survival -
Why does it need nukes? Israel has managed, using conventional forces only, to not only stay alive, but also to expand it's borders from the original 1948 borders. So why does it need nukes to survive?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why does it need nukes? Israel has managed, using conventional forces only, to not only stay alive, but also to expand it's borders from the original 1948 borders. So why does it need nukes to survive?

Israel will not give them up - That is fact - You know it as well as i - But they can be reduced in number.

Consider that the Arab World if they ever got the skill sets - professional Military they could overrun Israel. That is another fact.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Israel will not give them up - That is fact -

and neither will Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, or North Korea. Yet, like hypocrites, we all expect that no one else acquire the same weaponry that we "enjoy".

It works both ways, you want everyone else to stay out of the nuclear weapon game, then everyone should get out of it. Period.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
and neither will Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, or North Korea. Yet, like hypocrites, we all expect that no one else acquire the same weaponry that we "enjoy".

It works both ways, you want everyone else to stay out of the nuclear weapon game, then everyone should get out of it. Period.

Well N Korea is ruled by wackos - not as bad as Iran though. Justify it what ever way you want but having an Iran with a Nuke weapons capability scares the shxt out of many of its neighbors - and yes they also are Sunni - Western Europe to name a few.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Well N Korea is ruled by wackos - not as bad as Iran though. Justify it what ever way you want but having an Iran with a Nuke weapons capability scares the shxt out of many of its neighbors - and yes they also are Sunni - Western Europe to name a few.

Maybe there are more wackos in leadership positions than we want to examine. How often does N Korea or Iran do regime changes via invasion and occupation on the planet.?? Sure they bluster.......and we should note their bluster.......but why do we have to inflame it with even more threats ???

One has to wonder just how valid a threat Iran is in reality. We are so inundated with war talk , aggressive , threatening talk and lies about other places........particularly those that the empire has an interest in ....that one is hard pressed to know what the reality is.

It all comes down to who benefits from these aggressive actions and words?? It certainly is NOT the populations of the target or of the one doing the targetting.

One would have thought that in this era the thirst for bloody wars would have subsided and reason would have taken hold.

We are certainly at the stage of who controls the natural resources , controls the planet. And we all know who wants that control.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Maybe there are more wackos in leadership positions than we want to examine. How often does N Korea or Iran do regime changes via invasion and occupation on the planet.?? Sure they bluster.......and we should note their bluster.......but why do we have to inflame it with even more threats ???

One has to wonder just how valid a threat Iran is in reality. We are so inundated with war talk , aggressive , threatening talk and lies about other places........particularly those that the west has an interest in ....that one is hard pressed to know what the reality is.

It all comes down to who benefits from these aggressive actions and words?? It certainly is NOT the populations of the target or of the one doing the targetting.

One would have thought that in this era the thirst for bloody wars would have subsided and reason would have taken hold.

I explained in my OP is what Iran wants - The only thing not mentioned is Respect and Influence - This would provide both.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Israel will not give them up - That is fact - You know it as well as i - But they can be reduced in number.

Consider that the Arab World if they ever got the skill sets - professional Military they could overrun Israel. That is another fact.

a lot of what ifs. Is that what the objective of the Arab world??? Who are you including in the "Arab world"??

I explained in my OP is what Iran wants - The only thing not mentioned is Respect and Influence - This would provide both.

Will Iran perceive it as such?? We are dealing with a different culture completely and as such a different / unique mindset.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
a lot of what ifs. Is that what the objective of the Arab world??? Who are you including in the "Arab world"??

Will Iran perceive it as such?? We are dealing with a different culture completely and as such a different / unique mindset.

Iran with Nukes will lead to more Nukes in the Mid East - and what does that mean - the hair trigger moves up to a level and mistakes can be made. Then we have a Nuclear War.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Iran with Nukes will lead to more Nukes in the Mid East - and what does that mean - the hair trigger moves up to a level and mistakes can be made. Then we have a Nuclear War.

So it's ok for the Empire to be loaded with nukes?? (as well as a few other countries?? ) Either everyone is treated equally when it comes to self defense with NUKES...(which is an idiotic joke) or NO ONE has them??

IF they want them they will get them. Just as others have done. Bombing them to oblivion is the perfect example of why NO one should have such lethal weapons.

Note: only ONE country has used such devestation. and yet it is the one nation that wants no one else to have them. Israel can have what ever it wants under the cover of the empire. ... Is THAT fair??

How does that foster mutual trust and respect??

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So it's OK for the Empire to be loaded with nukes?? (as well as a few other countries?? ) Either everyone is treated equally when it comes to self defense with NUKES...(which is an idiotic joke) or NO ONE has them??

IF they want them they will get them. Just as others have done. Bombing them to oblivion is the perfect example of why NO one should have such lethal weapons.

Note: only ONE country has used such devestation. and yet it is the one nation that wants no one else to have them. Israel can have what ever it wants under the cover of the empire. ... Is THAT fair??

How does that foster mutual trust and respect??

Your answer is BS - 1 million was rhe estimated casualties for invading Japan- Unacceptable - Do you think that a Nuclear Iran is a positive or a negative based upon the political realities of that area.

Now I am off to bed - So God Bless and kepp well.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Your answer is BS - 1 million was rhe estimated casualties for invading Japan- Unacceptable - Do you think that a Nuclear Iran is a positive or a negative based upon the political realities of that area.

Now I am off to bed - So God Bless and kepp well.

So WHAT exactly has been learned from that horrific Bombing of Japan??? Did it make the empire feel "good " about itself with all those deaths and then physical handicaps that resulted from that disaster??

It is all the more reason for NO ONE to have Nukes. And that includes the empire and its little empirette Israel.

Why on earth should an empire that has USED such weaponry tell others what they can and can't have??? That is just a laughable , but calloused hypocricy ......again.

Wonder what would happen if the empire stopped its crazy bully talk and threats to Iran completely. (well for one, Israel would have apoplexy )

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm curious as to the reasoning for allowing Israel to keep it's nuclear weapons and wanting to ensure that no other country in the ME has the same capability?

Who is going to take them away?

ACT??? What kind of action do you suggest.?? And what is your motive for suggesting "action".

The people of Iran do not support the Iranian leadership. I would make it clear to the Iranian government that we will do whatever we can to assist the opposition including the supply of arms.

So the Iranian leadership is idiotic. Wonder how much of their bluster is just a defensive reaction to all the threats and ugly comments coming from the west .

Please don't be so silly as to compare Amahdickiyams comments with western comments. Nobody in the west is calling for anybody to be wiped off the map.

Aggression is not the answer. Look at the results in Iraq.....and read the fine print of how things really are. Look at afganistan.....and again read the fine print where they are doing barbaric things and not even being discreet about it. Look at Libya ..another place that is now volatile. and it goes on and on.

Aggression is the answer at some point. The only question is if that point will occur and when that point occurs

Why do you hate him??

Well, I guess technically I don't hate him as I don't personally know him. I hate what he stands for. In much the same way, I don't hate Hitler. I didn't know him either but I do hate gassing people just because they are gay or are a particular religion. I'm kinda funny that way.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but you gotta look at the big picture. If we're in a room and you're ranting and raving about how you're gonna effin kill me, when you reach for the gun on the table....I'm gonna try to stop you. It's really just that simple.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but you gotta look at the big picture. If we're in a room and you're ranting and raving about how you're gonna effin kill me, when you reach for the gun on the table....I'm gonna try to stop you. It's really just that simple.

The "big picture" is that there are a few countries that have nuclear weapons and the rest of the world, rightly so, feels that they need to even the playing field by having the same thing. I'm saying, even the playing field, by taking away everyone's nukes. They are not needed.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The "big picture" is that there are a few countries that have nuclear weapons and the rest of the world, rightly so, feels that they need to even the playing field by having the same thing. I'm saying, even the playing field, by taking away everyone's nukes. They are not needed.

Again, who is going to take them away? A better question would be how are they going to take them away?

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Yeah that would be nice but you know it's not gonna happen so why even worry about it. I mean seriously, you take away everyone's nukes, Imanutjob is gonna be salivating all over Natanz even more than he is now lol.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Again, who is going to take them away? A better question would be how are they going to take them away?

Let me put it this way. If everyone is really wanting peace, then they will voluntarily give up their nukes. Anything else, just reinforces what I and a few others here have been saying.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Let me put it this way. If everyone is really wanting peace, then they will voluntarily give up their nukes. Anything else, just reinforces what I and a few others here have been saying.

Yes, if everyone wanted peace it would be easy. Since not everybody wants peace, it isn't.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

There's the rub, not everyone wants peace. Some entities cough Iran cough would see world disarmament as an opportunity to conquer said world with it's newly secretly developed nuclear arsenal.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
:roll: Ya...ok.....

There isn't a country in the world, that is capable AND has the manpower to "conquer" the world. This is the same strawman bullshyte argument as Germany conquering the world if it hadn't been stopped in WWII.