Iran, Israel, US triangle.

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
RE: Iran, Israel, US tria

Considering that the US pushed for oil to be sold in US dollars so that it would create currency demand, Iraq selling their oil in Euros would have had a disasterous effect on the US dollar.
Essentially the stance of the arab nations is that they will stop at no end to rid the middle east of Israel, and this has been there stance always. One thing that nobody mentioned about Iran, is that they are allied with Russia, China, and North Korea. If Israel backed by the US were to attack Iran over this issue, we'll be in a world war with all of those nations. The whole world would go to war over this, so they better be damned sure that Iran is definitely without doubt, working on WMD's. The Iranian army is a million strong, and fairly well trained compared to the Iraq forces. Too me, it's not even a matter of if there will be a WWIII, but more a matter of when.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think they ALL had better chill out some ......and consider the implication of such an invasion. Why are some so bent on destroying this planet?? It is the only habitat we have.

Is all this killing going to make a difference?? and what kind?? This is a potentially NO WIN Situation.......as war is out dated outmoded and NO One wins. Have the leaders learned NOTHING from history .......so as to keep repeating the stupidity over and over again???

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005

I find it very startling that if this turns ugly this summer, it will perfectly coincide with the prophecy of the Apocalypse predicted in the Bible, if you count back from Dec.21,2012. Why Dec.21,2012? It's the date that the sun rises from the mouth of the milky way galaxy, following saggitarius' arrow through the 4 main signs which are all riding horses(the four horsemen). The beginning is called the abomination of desolation, when the Anti-Christ overthrows new Israel and desicrates a particular holy altar. Depending on the scripture, 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 years later will be the tribulation. Ifigure world war three will start around March/April 2009. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Isn't Dec 12, 2012 the end of the Mayan Calander?

Some believe the Earth will complete a geo-physical pole shift. The magnetic North Pole is moving towards Siberia, as was reported in most major news outlets this weekend.

Nostradamus predicted a major comet or astroid impact.

Some believe that is the day Aliens will make official first contact by way of invasion and destruction of the planet.

Some believe World War 3 will start then.

So many people "believe" it is doom and gloom but we have had so many end of the world dates and nothing has come.

The sun will rise Dec 13,2012, trust me. Unless of course "W" has started WW3 by then and we may be all dead.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Cóilín Nunan: Oil, Currency and the War on Iraq
http://www.feasta.org/documents/papers/oil1.htm

Iraq and the Dollar
by John Chapman
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=15&ItemID=5957

Iranian Oil Bourse Could Kill The US Dollar
August 23, 2005
http://prudentinvestor.blogspot.com/2005/08/iranian-oil-bourse-could-kill-us.html

Iran's oil gambit - and potential affront to the US
The Iranian government's plans to create an oil exchange fit into a strategy of weakening US economic hegemony
By Howard LaFranchi
August 30, 2005
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0830/p03s01-wome.html

"Wiped off the Map": Iranian President Ahmadinejad's statement regarding Israel has caused a political storm
By The Diarist
October 27, 2005
http://www.democratsdiary.co.uk/2005/10/wiped-off-map.html

Israeli Nuclear Threats And Black Mail
Israel And/Or U.S. Preparing To Attack Iran
Summer 2005
http://www.carolmoore.net/nuclearwar/israelithreats.html

Israel's Sacred Terrorism
By Livia Rokach
http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/essays/rokach.html

Israeli Words That Went Unpunished

-- "If only it would sink into the sea"
--Israeli Prime Minister Yitzak Rabin referring to Gaza, just before signing the Oslo Accords--

-- "I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian child's existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do"
--Ariel Sharon, current Prime Minister, in an interview with General Ouze Merham, 1956--

-- "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population"
--David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. Also Israel Koenig "The Koenig memorandum"--

-- "Israel should have exploited the repression of the demonstrations in China, when world attention focused on that country, to carry out mass expulsions among the Arabs of the territories"
--Benjamin Netanyahu: Speech at Bar-Ilan University, 1989--

-- "We must expel Arabs and take their places", David Ben Gurion, 1937
--Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985--

-- "We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves."
--Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983--

-- "[I advocate] using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes [and] against recalcitrant Arabs as an experiment. [I do not understand] the squeamishness about the use of gas [...] We cannot in any circumstamstances acquiesce in the non-utilisation of any weapons which are available to procure a speedy termination of the disorder which prevails on the frontier."
--Winston Churchill, then Secretary of State at the British War Office, authorising RAF Middle East Command to attack rebelling Iraqis with chemical weapons, 1919--

-- "The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more"
--Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel at the time - August 28, 2000. Reported in the Jerusalem Post August 30, 2000--

-- "The Palestinians" would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
--Israeli Prime Minister Menahim Begin in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988--

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Iran, Israel, US tria

Alberta'sfinest said:
Hate works both ways, and always divides.

it can perpetuate a cycle .......just like violence/war. Until one party sits back and calmly thinks about things and the consequences the rage/violence continues. Seems compromise might be in order in such hot situations.....or an aim at same. All too often PRIDE is the biggest interfering factor ......along with Prejudice /bias.

heck.......aiming for neutrality is wiser than perpetuating hate/violence. Sadly the humanoid has not evolved beyond those basic primal emotions.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Iran, Israel, US triangle.

jimmoyer said:
Hey Colby, I'm having a hard time finding different biased sources saying the same thing.

Especially about the 1948 war in Palestine/Israel.

Western sources say how the armies of Egypt, Syria, Jordan massed together to attack first and Arab sources say the Israelis started slaughtering towns first.

But I cannot find any source that actually examines both.

But before you respond, I'd like you to read something and give it a full chance. I'm curious.

http://www.counterpunch.org/kchristison0715.html

Now I got a good fire-eating liberal friend who lives a couple blocks away that contributes paid articles to that site, but I found a lot of reasonable analysis in that article.

It was interesting about David McCulloh's response to this author's article, especially since I loved his book on John Adams.

Yeah, I did read the lead article, and I liked it.

Probably a lot more than a grain of truth there.

I bookmarked the site, as I would like to read more.

But, although I understand Israel is far from perfect, but I strongly believe she deserves our support. And she will get support from the Christian world, as is pointed out in the article.

It would be miraculous and pleasing to see peace in the region.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I still support the existence of Israel for both blunt and more subtle reasons, but a lot of hell began in that 1948 war and maybe not all of it could be avoided anyway, because it became a matter of survival for both groups.

But that article really examines the American ignorance of many of the details (including my own). We are much more aware of all of the Arab and Palestinian mistakes and sins than we are of Israel's, especially in the beginning of that 1948 war.

But there's one matter the Palestinian supporters NEVER respond to and that is the question of giving the Palestinians autonomy and jobs and investment when Jordan controlled the West Bank between 1948 and 1967.

The arabs brutally used the palestinians as pawns during that period, and carelessly left the matter of jobs to the zionists.

It appears the Arab oil dollar was still building its own palaces at the time.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

jimmoyer said:
I still support the existence of Israel for both blunt and more subtle reasons, but a lot of hell began in that 1948 war and maybe not all of it could be avoided anyway, because it became a matter of survival for both groups.

But that article really examines the American ignorance of many of the details (including my own). We are much more aware of all of the Arab and Palestinian mistakes and sins than we are of Israel's, especially in the beginning of that 1948 war.

But there's one matter the Palestinian supporters NEVER respond to and that is the question of giving the Palestinians autonomy and jobs and investment when Jordan controlled the West Bank between 1948 and 1967.

The arabs brutally used the palestinians as pawns during that period, and carelessly left the matter of jobs to the zionists.

It appears the Arab oil dollar was still building its own palaces at the time.

Dead on.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Wonder why Israel would be the fall guy for the US in a situation like this??? ( potential HOT spot)

Believe me, Israel will not be the fall guy here. The most Israel will do is send a few fighter/bombers and blow Iran's nuclear facilities all over the landscape. Pretty much like they did in Iraq.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
#juan said:
Wonder why Israel would be the fall guy for the US in a situation like this??? ( potential HOT spot)

Believe me, Israel will not be the fall guy here. The most Israel will do is send a few fighter/bombers and blow Iran's nuclear facilities all over the landscape. Pretty much like they did in Iraq.

agree. So one can postulate that this is another version of smoke and mirrors.......(&political double speak)

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Pakistan's leader is another one playing a tightrope,
especially enduring many assassination attempts.

These 3 countries, Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan
have very different origins, very different backrounds.

A Shi-ite in Iran speaks Farsi. Most Iraqi Shia speak arabic.
And Pakistan, depending on the tribal provinces speak
different languages beyond that, and depending
on their British backround being part of greater India
until 1945, Pakistani accents in
English sound very much like the Hindu English accents.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

jimmoyer said:

gives one pause , don' it ?? Gotta wonder what language they "fight " in.. :?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Ocean Breeze said:
jimmoyer said:

The language of war and fighting is hatred, power and greed. It is universal.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

moghrabi said:
Ocean Breeze said:
jimmoyer said:

The language of war and fighting is hatred, power and greed. It is universal.

how true , mog. NIce to see ya again...... :thumbleft: