Iran celebrates uranium enrichment

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I don't think any peace is going to come of this.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I notice Rafsanjani is still chair of the Expediency Council. Funny that a "reformer" remains the Supreme Leader's handpicked laison with Parliament. What's more peculiar still is this San Fransisco doesn't report what he had to say about it, since he said plenty.

If the West wants "to solve issues in good faith, that could be easily possible, and if they want to . . . pressure us on our nuclear activities, things will become difficult and thorny for all," Rafsanjani said in an interview published Wednesday in the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Rai Al-Aam.

Rafsanjani and other Iranian officials underlined that their countries intentions were peaceful.

"There is no worry as we will not threaten anyone and will not bother anybody in any place of this world," Rafsanjani said as he arrived in Damascus on Wednesday, according to Syria's official news agency SANA.

This whole situation would be a lot easier to deal with if the IRA were in actual violation of the NPT treaty and not just acting contrary to Security Council edict.

I like the UN, but the SC sucks. up, mostly.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Iran celebrates urani

the iorny of you calling them the IRA...I thought the US funded them......oh my bag, not THIS IRA!!!!

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
We have no idea if they want nuclear weapons.

I guess only white people or people who are deep within the American hand can have nuclear power.

Now that is imperialism or the hierarchy of imperialism where only white people know whats best.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:
We have no idea if they want nuclear weapons.

I guess only white people or people who are deep within the American hand can have nuclear power.

Now that is imperialism or the hierarchy of imperialism where only white people know whats best.

I don't give a damn if you're white, brown, yellow, or magenta with yellow polka-dots.

What I do care about is Islamist fanatics who have STATED THEIR INTENTION to attack Israel with nukes ASAP.

Tell me, do you get horse-blinders at a discount when you are a lefty?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Colpy said:
I don't give a damn if you're white, brown, yellow, or magenta with yellow polka-dots.

Jersay and gang does though....the left is always on about race.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
And why isn't anyone worried about Jacque Chirac's quote that he wouldn't be afraid to use nukes.

Or Israel with 200 nukes.

Or reports that America is prepared to use Nukes.

This would not make a difference if Iran had a radical religious extremist group in power or anything else because it would still be at war with Israel just like the rest of the Arab world and America would be in the same position.

So when another nation comes up with nuclear power non-white, you expect America or other European nations not to complain. I think it highly doubtful.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Ahmadinejad is a populist boob, never said anything about using nukes, you can bet the EU3's negotiations had more to do with leveraging oil than finding a workable solution, this whole charade keeps market demand for oil more in line with Iran's current ability to supply and the whole scenario is better off monitored in the open gram for gram than forced underground.

If the Mullah really want the bomb, they'll get the bomb but if anyone thinks picking a fight with another Middle Eastern country is a step in the right direction then gung-ho. Its worked like a charm every other time. Especially the proxies.

The whole thing sounds like a crock anyways. This is Arabs we're dealing with here. BS is an accepted part of the barter.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Why would Iran use the rhetoric it does and pursue the policy it does if it didn't want war?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
notice the oil prices lately?

the neoconservatives and the islamists have been having their very own circle jerk for years already. every time somebody gets scared, their stock goes up.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Because it is trying to bait America and Israel to attack it. Because it has enemies within its borders from its smaller ethnic people who want more control in their lives.

But they dislike America and Israel just a little more than Iran rulers, which is hopefully to them would unite the nation to fight against America if attacked so they could crush any opposition or incorporate these 'opposition' forces after a war.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
RE: Iran celebrates urani

Iran wants nukes because they know oil is becoming scarce and they need the deterrant. The US wants that oil and if Iran becomes unco-operative, the US doesn't want any deterrants in place to keep them from aquiring the resource. If they have a centrifuge and the capabilities to produce a weopon, that's all the US needs to be convinced that they need to either remove the deterrant or move in and aquire the resource outright. The US with it's serious debt problems and terminal economy has absolutely nothing to lose by taking this route, and it's likely they'll be making a joint strike against those facilities sometime this year. I think we're seeing the beginnings of WWIII. It's about that time really, as fascist powers are running strong, we have an overpopulation problem that is causing the environment to become polluted and food shortages to come about. Couple this with with resource conflicts over oil, water, and all the other necessary commodities of the modern world and you start to see that War is the solution, or eventuality. Right now we're just trying to milk the situation as much as we can by prolonging the wars and economic collapse for as long as possible. I'd suggest doing what I'm going to do over the next few years. Go see Asia, go see Europe, and whatever other places you'd like to go to, because ease of travel may not be a thing of the future, whether it's limited by oil prices or conflicts with those countries. If the war goes nuclear, there might not even be anything to go see afterwards, so I suggest you go and see while you still can.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Iran celebrates uranium enrichment

BitWhys said:
Ahmadinejad is a populist boob, never said anything about using nukes, you can bet the EU3's negotiations had more to do with leveraging oil than finding a workable solution, this whole charade keeps market demand for oil more in line with Iran's current ability to supply and the whole scenario is better off monitored in the open gram for gram than forced underground.

If the Mullah really want the bomb, they'll get the bomb but if anyone thinks picking a fight with another Middle Eastern country is a step in the right direction then gung-ho. Its worked like a charm every other time. Especially the proxies.

The whole thing sounds like a crock anyways. This is Arabs we're dealing with here. BS is an accepted part of the barter.

Small correction.

The Iranians are NOT Arabs.

They are Persians.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Jersay said:
Now we see if Iran wants only to power for its people which is its nationalistic right of a nation.

Or if this brings war from America.

Amazing. There are giant "Death to America" ccccccccccccc m,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.,billboards in Teheran

:) my cat just walked across the keyboard...
ok, where was I....giant "Death to America" billboards in Teheran, but if there's war, surely it will be "from" America.