INUITS PLEASE READ!!

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
I'm starting a new novel. I wanted to create an Inuit family, but I need to know more about the culture. I could look online, but it could be so much more realistic if I had more specifics ideas. After all, I respect Inuits deeply and I would never want to offend anyone by using a wrong word. Also, I need a long list of Inuit words. I don't plan to write the book in Inuktitut, but it'd make it more realistic to know some good words. Like animals, clothing items, sports...stuff like that. Thank you! Whoever is willing to help me, if my book becomes publishable, I'll be sure to mention all of your names on the dedication page. :wink: also, you can e-mail me at Shanialre@yahoo.ca

Thank you!
Valérie

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Sorry,but can't comply just yet.The mild weather is melting the family igloo and the repairs are taking up all our time :lol:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
HockeyBabe said:
I'm starting a new novel. I wanted to create an Inuit family, but I need to know more about the culture. I could look online, but it could be so much more realistic if I had more specifics ideas. After all, I respect Inuits deeply and I would never want to offend anyone by using a wrong word. Also, I need a long list of Inuit words. I don't plan to write the book in Inuktitut, but it'd make it more realistic to know some good words. Like animals, clothing items, sports...stuff like that. Thank you! Whoever is willing to help me, if my book becomes publishable, I'll be sure to mention all of your names on the dedication page. :wink: also, you can e-mail me at Shanialre@yahoo.ca

Thank you!
Valérie

I may be able to be of an assistance. I spent most of my life in Kugluktuk and Cambridge Bay. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.

But words can only say so much. The best results would be to go to a community up there for a couple months and you'll get many books worth of info.