Interview: Tommy Robinson of the EDL....

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
:roll:

Ya, I can see you did a ton of conclusion to come to that research.

One EAO around here is enough thanks.

They are "upset" because on sept 11 "extremists" were allowed to protest against the u.s. in the streets of London and outside the u.s. embasy. The EDL felt that they should not have been allowed. Are you saying you agree with the EDL on this?

They are also against "Halal" meats.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not really.

crusaders cross - Google Search

Unless you squint your eyes and really go for a stretch to make a comparison solely for the purposes of legitimizing the EDL.

Instead of trying to make stuff up, why not take a crack at his commentary, or the EDL's policies?

Not making things up, and you don't really have to "squint". Now, if you want to close your eyes and not see what is obvious, you go right ahead.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have.

I was hoping you would actually read more than just the headers.

That way I wouldn't have to post this...
The EDL felt that they should not have been allowed.
I can't find any commentary that would support your claim.

All I could find was this, from their mission statement...

EDL said:
The EDL calls upon the Government to repeal legislation that prevents effective freedom of speech, for freedom of speech is essential if the human rights abuses that sometimes manifest themselves around Islam are to be stopped.

They are also against "Halal" meats.
No they aren't...

EDL said:
The English Defence League’s Mission Statement refers to the stealthy incursion of halal meat into the food industry, and states that we believe “consumers must be provided with the information necessary to avoid halal produce should they wish.” We do not believe that halal produce should be banned, just that it should be properly labelled and that there should always be a non-halal alternative made available to customers.

Not making things up, and you don't really have to "squint". Now, if you want to close your eyes and not see what is obvious, you go right ahead.

Are you really going to make me teach you about St Georges Cross too? Would you rather I gave you a minute to look it up first, and get back to me?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I have.

I was hoping you would actually read more than just the headers.

That way I wouldn't have to post this...I can't find any commentary that would support your claim.

All I could find was this, from their mission statement...

No they aren't...

Are you really going to make me teach you about St Georges Cross too? Would you rather I gave you a minute to look it up first, and get back to me?

In my opinion from what i have seen the EDL has a lot to explain for in their past. I am quite aware that the Brits have coddled extremists in their country - Why - Pure PC attitude and beggaring for the minority votes.

When you have Muslims extremists then expect to see other that find this disgusting and act accordingly. I am still open on the EDL. But I fear they are still close to those roots of being on the other end of the spectrum.

You are correct when they are not against Halal, but they for what reason i do not know, add a bunch of conditions that in my opion are ludicrous. People who are religious will go to where they know their religious foods according to dietary laws are observed will be served or offered for purchase. So this on the EDL's part is pure hatred / bias. So why they put this in is beyond me.

Lastly Gerry - Check you own site on the Crusaders Cross - many versions.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I know what it is, and I know it was the symbol used by the crusaders. It is the symbol used by the EDL.

Here's a comment on a video of an SDL demonstration.

I support the EDL--They don't want the sand monkeys bringing their ****ing sharia law into thier country---anymore than we do in America--If they try to impose it,There will be BLOOD!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So this on the EDL's part is pure hatred / bias. So why they put this in is beyond me.
Because it's being sold without full disclosure to the end customer.

I'm not put off Halal foods at all. But I can understand how some people would be, given the way the meat is obtained.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I know what it is, and I know it was the symbol used by the crusaders. It is the symbol used by the EDL.

When was it made? - Is that person still a member?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I know what it is, and I know it was the symbol used by the crusaders.
That's a myth. With no factual support other than simple conjecture and legend.

It is the symbol used by the EDL.
It's a symbol used by Britain, the Royal Admiralty and sits upon the crest in my English ancestors coat of arms.

This should be a good indication...

anymore than we do in America
That the poster is not a member of the ENGLISH Defence League.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That's a myth. With no factual support other than simple conjecture and legend.

It's a symbol used by Britain, the Royal Admiralty and sits upon the crest in my English ancestors coat of arms.

It's a myth that some Crusaders wore the symbol for Saint George? It's a myth that it is associated with the Christian wars against Islam?

This should be a good indication...

That the poster is not a member of the ENGLISH Defence League.

It's what they are attracting.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's a myth that some Crusaders wore the symbol for Saint George? It's a myth that it is associated with the Christian wars against Islam?
The symbol of England. Not the Crusades. It was a British Regimental ensign. It was worn by British Soldiers long before the crusades. Long after the crusades and is still part of the British military. Adopted by British football fans, long before the EDL was born.

The myth/legend is, that it was adopted/assigned for the crusades.

You're confusing monastic orders like Templars Cross...

... or the Crusaders Cross.

... The preceding have as much to with St George, as Ontario, Montreal, and Nanaimo have to do with Crusaders.
It's what they are attracting.
It's what they're distancing themselves from. Should I judge you by other Christians?

When you're done arguing like Abtfet or EAO, maybe you can get around to actually debating the EDL and/or their policies.

Last edited:

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Has anyone checked to see with KOR on our food means? It means Kosher, check to see how many of these products you eat every day? We don't have any say in this and our government does nothing.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
To bad "Off" doesn't make a repellent for people who tag along and cause grief.

The MWS thinks people like me are the problem. While I think they're the problem. Yet for all intents and purposes, we have a common agenda.

Funny how that works.

EDL - Sharia Law - Battlefield London - YouTube

Scary sh!t.

I think I started a thread on this a while ago, discussing the slippery slope. I was called a few names. Told I was crazy.

Funny how prophetic bear are.

You weren't the only one? As a Quebecer I was call intolerant, but it was only a matter of time before this happened somewhere. I hope Ottawa is watching!?!?!?