In Brexit vote, echoes of Trumpism minus Donald Trump

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And quit naming people Nigel, dammit! It's become a worn-out stereotype.

Nigel is a great English name. It derives from the Latin "Nigellus", which in turn is thought to derive (though it is disputed) from the Latin "niger", meaning " black".

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's an aggregate of all polls to date..

Sorry Breave

And as you can see, it's impossible to say who will win.

My money's on Brexit, though.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
But let's do the right thing instead and push for a Bremain win, shall we?

I don't think Bremain is the right thing. I'm supporting Brexit.

Also, the lower the turnout in this referendum, the likelier Brexit will win, and it will very likely be a low turnout.

And as you consider the EU to be so great and so beneficial to its Member States I assume you have already sent an email to your Prime Minister demanding that he try and get Canada to join it?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Too right, I am, as are millions of people.

Yes, one knows they are talking to a Briton when they can't detect painfully obvious sarcasm.

But, hey, nothing supports your agenda of freedom and liberty more than 'hoping for a low voter turnout'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's an interesting survey:

Britain Elects on Twitter: The Remain campaign has generally been...

Honest 22%
Dishonest 46%
Positive 16%
Negative 58%

(via YouGov)

Britain Elects on Twitter: The Leave campaign has generally been...

Honest 26%
Dishonest 43%
Positive 27%
Negative 46%

(via YouGov)

A new Britain Elects poll released today:

Remain 48%
Leave 49%

Twitter.com/britainelects

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And we've had violence from Remain thugs.

A listener named Robert in Dulwich, south London, told LBC radio that he has been called a racist, a Nazi (ironically, the Nazis wanted a united Europe under German domination, so a Remain supporter more closely resembles a Nazi) and even been threatened with being stabbed just because he was handing out Leave leaflets.

"We had our stall kicked, punched, we had leaflets taken from the table, someone tried to knock the table over.

The weird thing is, I'm half Caribbean and my friend is Jamaican. All these people over the course of the day, every single person who called us a racist or a Nazi - and there were many - were all white, middle class people."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And we've had violence from Remain thugs.
And police intimidation.

Just reminds us why millions of people around the world were willing to die to get free of the Brits.

The weird thing is, I'm half Caribbean and my friend is Jamaican. All these people over the course of the day, every single person who called us a racist or a Nazi - and there were many - were all white, middle class people."
His point being that non-whites can't be bigots and racists, or that whites cant be anti-racist?

No matter. If UKKKIP wins, you can get rid of him.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Welcome to the new reality where voters take back their country from the politicians and bureaucraps.

...or they don't like to be invaded by so many different cultures... AFRAID.

Brexit supporters say they're worried about immigration. The real problems are deeper.

Bigots and Racism... just look at Blackleaf, a perfect example of this.

Say MentalFloss here is your Trump, Boris Johnson MP

EU referendum: David Cameron says 'Brits don't quit' as he makes 'personal' appeal for Britain to stay in the EU outside No 10

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Seriously, Boom, you've made a large number of racist comments on this board, so what's the deal?

Find Jesus? Scales fall from your eyes? Or were you just funnin'?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Seriously, Boom, you've made a large number of racist comments on this board, so what's the deal?

Find Jesus? Scales fall from your eyes? Or were you just funnin'?

Funnin in the past.. trolling.. just look at who responded the most MHZ :)

I mean come on.. both my ex-wives are dark Latina's. I have good friends both in Texas and Calgary that are Muslims.. work with several Muslims here in Calgary..

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Funnin in the past.. trolling.. just look at who responded the most MHZ :)
Your funnin' made a body wonder. Don't think you're a bad guy, and I think you believe you're not a racist, but take some time and dig around inside your head some.

Seriously. No, I ain't accusing you of nothing. Just saying a little audit of your attitudes can help, and you seem to be in a pretty good position do one, being honest with yourself.

Don't need to tell me about it, this is for you. And maybe I'm full of it. If so, just ignore this. Don't mean nothing by it. Either way, not an accusation, not a criticism, just a recommendation.