Important for All Canadians to read!!

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
lol, if I said yes you'd go running down the road screaming, admit it. Your aviator does remind me of my deceased pet cow Moo-Moo, but she was black and white.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Brief Overview:
FACT #1: Jean Chretien & Canadian Corporations Involved in Trans-Afghan Pipeline

Better we leave Afghanistan with no industry at all. Well, exxcept poppies.

FACT #2: Gordon O'Connor, Defence Minister, Is Former Military Lobbyist

Next time we should get a defence minister with no contacts, knowledge or experience with the military. Only then will he be competent.

FACT #3: Current Afghan Parliament Includes Warlords and Drug Lords

That would describe pretty much any governing body in the third world. You cannot turn Kandahar into Ottawa overnight

FACT #4: Afghan Warlords Considered Bigger Threat Than Taliban

Yeah, we know. They're next.

FACT #5: Afghan Women Face Repression Despite Removal Of Taliban

Really? Wow! Maybe we should go home and STOP trying to fix it then... last I heard... they were Muslim. Maybe that might have something to do with it

FACT #6: Elected Afghan Woman Faces Death Threats For Speaking Out

See above.

FACT #7: Since the U.S.-led War, Afghanistan Is Increasingly Hooked on Heroin

Not "Hooked on", selling. The rest of the world is hooked on it. :wink: And yes we're trying to stop it.

FACT #8: U.S. And Coalition Forces Using Excessive Force & Arbitrary Detention

Regrettable. "Oh this just in... Taliban forces using suicide bombings and indiscriminate attacks!"

FACT #9: Canada Complicit In Violation of Human Rights For 'War On Terror'

Unlikely, but even if it does happen, one does not fall under the Geneva Conventions if one is a terrorist. You have to be a soldier of a recognized governing body.

FACT #10: U.S. Finds More Oil and Gas Reserves After 4-Year Search

Good, the Afghanis have some modernization and actual prosperity to look forward too. May get them to give up the whole Heroin trade thing..