Immigration Overload: More Than 1,000 Unaccompanied Children Flood Texas Border

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You're a walking contradiction, partly fact and partly fiction.
You're a walking dwama queen. The U.S. is. . . dwamatic pause. . . DEAD TO YOU!

Those are your own words, Nancy. Make sure you accompany them with an appropriate swish and flounce.

I guess I need to clarify that statement - because, as usual, someone takes the "racist" bent instead of what we're trying to say or asking for clarification. (pardon me all to hell because I wasn't clear enough). It's the latter part of the statement ...a more "docile and dependent population" - that concerns me.
Sorry, just having an Indian moment. My point is that everything changes. Each group of immigrants makes the established people (who are generally either immigrants or the descendants of immigrants, in the case of the U.S. and Canada) uncomfortable, and upsets their traditions, just as they upset the traditions of those who immigrated before them. But is Canada or the U.S. better or worse for the Scots, the Germans, the Italians, the Chinese, the Vietnamese, the French, the Lithuanians, the Africans, and all the others who have immigrated over the centuries and brought their strength, their smarts, and their viewpoints here?

We're already having an issue with university students being brain-washed by leftist professors not allowing people to "think for themselves" and who refuse to let individuals that alternative opinions speak on campuses; but who are hypocrites when it comes to "free speech" and now we're importing people who are too afraid to "think for themselves" for fear authority and of being deported. This isn't good for ANYONE - I don't care if you're black, white, purple or pink!!! That's what's scary!

JMHO
With all due respect, that's complete crap. Where do you think the conservative and right-wing authors, economists, scientists, engineers, and politicians got their educations, under a bush? Nope. At those same universities you claim are a hotbed of Marxist orthodoxy. I say again, complete crap. The pendulum swings. Until about 50 years ago, the viewpoints and contributions of those who were not of Northern European ancestry and culture were ignored. Now, they are being paid attention to. Perhaps too much attention. But it ain't gonna overthrow Canada as we know it. Maybe it'll make things a little uncomfortable for you, but it was uncomfortable as hell for us non-whites and for foreigners for a long time. A little adjustment won't go astray. And in time the pendulum will swing back, and we'll all learn to accept crazy-a$$ foreign notions like equal justice for all, a social contract that goes beyond "who has the most money," and judging a person "not by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Sorry for quoting somebody who wasn't white and English-descended.

EDITED TO ADD: Holy modal, I'm on a soapbox, ain't I? Sorry that all splattered all over you, Dixie. Let me state for the record I ain't never heard a racist word outta your mouth, and I deny that you have any racial or ethnic animus at all.

In other words, I respect you and your viewpoints. For whatever it's worth.

You're a walking contradiction, partly fact and partly fiction.

By the way, asswit, it's "He's a walking contradiction, partly TRUTH and partly fiction." You can't even quote Kristofferson right, idiot.

It's at about 1:30, moron.

Kris Kristofferson - The Pilgrim - Chapter 33 - YouTube

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The experience of being replaced reminds me of what happened to the First Peoples in America. Some attempted to accommodate the white replacements while others attempted to stem the tide. Neither approach worked. I have turned to detachment and gallows humor. That's why I suggest we eat the Children's Crusade from Central America breaking on this shore.

What's particularly disheartening is my belief that the waves of illegals coming here are being orchestrated by the established order for the purpose of replacing Traditional Americans with a more docile and dependent population that will extinguish my identity and creed.

You're a walking dwama queen. The U.S. is. . . dwamatic pause. . . DEAD TO YOU!

Those are your own words, Nancy. Make sure you accompany them with an appropriate swish and flounce.

Sorry, just having an Indian moment. My point is that everything changes. Each group of immigrants makes the established people (who are generally either immigrants or the descendants of immigrants, in the case of the U.S. and Canada) uncomfortable, and upsets their traditions, just as they upset the traditions of those who immigrated before them. But is Canada or the U.S. better or worse for the Scots, the Germans, the Italians, the Chinese, the Vietnamese, the French, the Lithuanians, the Africans, and all the others who have immigrated over the centuries and brought their strength, their smarts, and their viewpoints here?

With all due respect, that's complete crap. Where do you think the conservative and right-wing authors, economists, scientists, engineers, and politicians got their educations, under a bush? Nope. At those same universities you claim are a hotbed of Marxist orthodoxy. I say again, complete crap. The pendulum swings. Until about 50 years ago, the viewpoints and contributions of those who were not of Northern European ancestry and culture were ignored. Now, they are being paid attention to. Perhaps too much attention. But it ain't gonna overthrow Canada as we know it. Maybe it'll make things a little uncomfortable for you, but it was uncomfortable as hell for us non-whites and for foreigners for a long time. A little adjustment won't go astray. And in time the pendulum will swing back, and we'll all learn to accept crazy-a$$ foreign notions like equal justice for all, a social contract that goes beyond "who has the most money," and judging a person "not by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Sorry for quoting somebody who wasn't white and English-descended.

EDITED TO ADD: Holy modal, I'm on a soapbox, ain't I? Sorry that all splattered all over you, Dixie. Let me state for the record I ain't never heard a racist word outta your mouth, and I deny that you have any racial or ethnic animus at all.

In other words, I respect you and your viewpoints. For whatever it's worth.

By the way, asswit, it's "He's a walking contradiction, partly TRUTH and partly fiction." You can't even quote Kristofferson right, idiot.

It's at about 1:30, moron.

Kris Kristofferson - The Pilgrim - Chapter 33 - YouTube

You seem butthurt Sitting Bull. Apply some ointment generously. Don't let anyone get under your skin.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I know I said I was through with this stuff but I had to say this. I live in Arizona. Born and raised here. It's primarily a conservative state. When the whiners are not listening to Rash Limbo and Beck on the radio, getting their daily dose of complaining from them, they crying about something else. Gun "rights", illegal immigration and what not. It's an endless cycle of finger pointing and whining. Concerning immigration, I always felt that one of the only bright spots in my countries shady history, is written on the statue of Liberty by the poet Emma Lazarus, the poem, The New Colossus. As I look back and study the history of our country , deep down I feel that the primary reason we prospered as a nation, was our compassion and acceptance of those exiles and immigrants hoping for a chance at a better life. I guess i'm a fish out of water in my home state anymore. Maybe I should move to Oregon and take a rest from the crybabies and those who cannot remember where all of us came from.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Or what? Will I be. . . dwamatic pause. . . DEAD TO YOU?

You will definitely not be dead to me. You're a source of pleasure.

When I posted the words in question I was referring to the USA, not to you. But my words struck deep into your consciousness they did creep. The words resonated with you at such a deep level you committed them to memory. That takes effort. You've repeated those words on countless threads over the last six months or so. Over and over again. It's as if I'm living rent free inside your head.

Those words constitute political speech designed to resonate, and resonate they did in your consciousness and emotions. I think the words stand in stark contravention of your love for the USA, and my political speech is simply difficult for you to accept. In fact you have taken the political and personalized it.

You believe in the evolving character of the nation which committed genocide upon your people. You believe that the nation evolves through the introduction of new peoples over time, but still remains the USA. You also believe that the principle still exists. Can you articulate the prinicple that unifies all Americans as one in commitment to the USA? What brings us together and creates a universal consciousness of shared identity?

I know I said I was through with this stuff but I had to say this. I live in Arizona. Born and raised here. It's primarily a conservative state. When the whiners are not listening to Rash Limbo and Beck on the radio, getting their daily dose of complaining from them, they crying about something else. Gun "rights", illegal immigration and what not. It's an endless cycle of finger pointing and whining. Concerning immigration, I always felt that one of the only bright spots in my countries shady history, is written on the statue of Liberty by the poet Emma Lazarus, the poem, The New Colossus. As I look back and study the history of our country , deep down I feel that the primary reason we prospered as a nation, was our compassion and acceptance of those exiles and immigrants hoping for a chance at a better life. I guess i'm a fish out of water in my home state anymore. Maybe I should move to Oregon and take a rest from the crybabies and those who cannot remember where all of us came from.

When was the Statue of Liberty given to the USA? What did America need at that time. Does America have the same need now? Perhaps the Statue of Liberty should indeed be returned to France.