I want to be an MP. What do I do?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
To tell you the truth, I am a dead man. I never really had a passion for anything. Its not like I could say that it has been a lifelong dream for me to be an MP. MP's have power, and I like the idea of that. I like the title, and the idea that I have that position where I worked my way up.

If you want me to explain it, I grew up poor. We used to live in a one bedroom house with five people in two mattresses. I could be a janitor, but it won't be quite as fulfilling.

That is exactly why I am a moderate. In Canada, there really is not a party that stands out in its virtue. I am a Sales Associate at a retail store, but have a technical diploma in Industrial Instrumentation Engineering Technology. I am also an affiliate marketer who relies on false advertising to sell other peoples products for commissions. I have lived in three different countries ranging from poverty stricken to ultra rich, so I can share a lot from my experience.

I would go with the Conservatives to increase my odds.

Oh damn it, I'm definitely going to see you in Parliament one day. I hate to say it, but you sure have the winning attitude, and lots of dimwit voters go for that. Oh well, if it's not you it'll be another bobble head, so I guess it might as well be you. Good luck with the win. I certainly won't vote for you myself, but looking at my past voting record, that's a bonus on your part.

Is that how Harper got to become a PM? He seems like a good, well balanced, family man, but his goals are to far in the future.

Somebody's been smokin' somethin' this evening. The PM or any party leader is usually the biggest bobble head of them all. That's the one who believes in the ultimate standard party policy and so all the other MPs like him because they can relate to him the most.

TheAstonMartian

Jan 24, 2011
Oh damn it, I'm definitely going to see you in Parliament one day. I hate to say it, but you sure have the winning attitude, and lots of dimwit voters go for that. Oh well, if it's not you it'll be another bobble head, so I guess it might as well be you. Good luck with the win. I certainly won't vote for you myself, but looking at my past voting record, that's a bonus on your part.

Somebody's been smokin' somethin' this evening. The PM or any party leader is usually the biggest bobble head of them all. That's the one who believes in the ultimate standard party policy and so all the other MPs like him because they can relate to him the most.

Hey man, at least I am not a sociopath. I still have feelings for people so if I ever do something wrong, I will give you the privileged to slap me on live tv so I could come back to my senses. You know, the textbook definition of democracy is "majority wins with respect to minority rights". Unfortunately, the majority is not always right, and younger generations could care less if they vote or not. Once they are 18, they spend more time drinking than even considering voting or taking part in that.

As for smoking, I have never been drunk, or smoked weed. Ironic as it may seem, the closest to drugs I look up to is ecstasy only because I want to feel happier rather than higher.

Harper is still nice though. The good thing about Canadian politics that the PM can keep his position forever if he could get the vote.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I see. You've never taken drugs, and the closest you've ever come to taking drugs was ecstasy. Hmmmm....

That might explain a few things. Taken any very recently like... this evening perhaps?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Is that how Harper got to become a PM? He seems like a good, well balanced, family man, but his goals are to far in the future.

That's a good question and a long story, but if I had to come up with a single cause it would probably be the "Sponsorship Scandal" under the Liberals. Two or three opposition parties joined forces, one of them being the Reform, another being the Alliance and the other being the Progressive Conservatives................it's a real mish mash believe me.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Well, you can't deny it, JLM, he TheAstonMartian has all the necessary qualities, for better or for worse, to be our PM some day. Just the kind of MP most voters go for.

Sadly enough.

TheAstonMartian

Jan 24, 2011
I see. You've never taken drugs, and the closest you've ever come to taking drugs was ecstasy. Hmmmm....

That might explain a few things. Taken any very recently like... this evening perhaps?

I did not take ecstasy either, but got friends trying to hunt it down for me. Unlike you guys, I am still single so that doesn't help either.

Well, you can't deny it, JLM, he TheAstonMartian has all the necessary qualities, for better or for worse, to be our PM some day. Just the kind of MP most voters go for.

Sadly enough.

What's so sad about me? We can both agree that I will be jailed for trying to make significant differences in the government policy. I am brown, and my last name is Islam, so that doesn't help either even though I am an Atheist now. The least I can do is play by the rules, and I will be rewarded when I retire. Sounds like a plan, right? At least I won't blow away tax payers money on building a fake lake, so you can relax.

That's a good question and a long story, but if I had to come up with a single cause it would probably be the "Sponsorship Scandal" under the Liberals. Two or three opposition parties joined forces, one of them being the Reform, another being the Alliance and the other being the Progressive Conservatives................it's a real mish mash believe me.
Yeah, he seems like a nice guy, but his goals are set too far in the future. He is not a revolutionary that's for sure.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What's so sad about me? We can both agree that I will be jailed for trying to make significant differences in the government policy. I am brown, and my last name is Islam, so that doesn't help either even though I am an Atheist now. The least I can do is play by the rules, and I will be rewarded when I retire. Sounds like a plan, right? At least I won't blow away tax payers money on building a fake lake, so you can relax.

Play by the rules and don't blow taxpayers' money, I take it back you don't stand a chance of winning more than one term max. And your name is Islam? Oh, I don't think many of the ignorant masses will go for that. Whatever your religion, once the ignorant local mob sees your name, you're out for the count.

I take my previous post back. I'm dead wrong. Honest, playing by the rules, a name like Islam, not wasting taxpayers' money, you're finished before you even make it to the starting line.

Heck, I once heard one ignoramus say he would never vote for a guy with a name like Ignatief. What a stupid reason not to vote for him. And you think you'll get away with a name like Islam? Good luck with that.

TheAstonMartian

Jan 24, 2011
Play by the rules and don't blow taxpayers' money, I take it back you don't stand a chance of winning more than one term max. And your name is Islam? Oh, I don't think many of the ignorant masses will go for that. Whatever your religion, once the ignorant local mob sees your name, you're out for the count.

I take my previous post back. I'm dead wrong. Honest, playing by the rules, a name like Islam, not wasting taxpayers' money, you're finished before you even make it to the starting line.

Heck, I once heard one ignoramus say he would never vote for a guy with a name like Ignatief. What a stupid reason not to vote for him. And you think you'll get away with a name like Islam? Good luck with that.

Don't worry. I can switch is to Sebastian James, or something like that. I don't really care about my name. As for blowing tax payers money, I will just try to use it efficiently. The guy who allowed for the million dollar fake lake was stupid anyways since it made the media more conscious. An MP becomes an MP by getting votes. Spending tax payers money comes later on.

By the way, I think senator is a cool job to hold to but I don't know Harper. The senators of Canada are really luck to be earning that kind of money. Its no joke.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Sadly enough.

Forty years ago a fellow I worked with who hailed from that part of the world told me- "It is perfectly alright to lie, steal and cheat as long as it is for your own benefit". At the time I found it very strange, today it is common business ethics.