I just got new hearing aids. They are spectacular!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
just had a big chat with 'the' husband. He is in favour of inquiring to WCB to see if they will upgrade
his existing hearing aid, (about 10 years old), to the new digital and much improved ones.

they completely covered all expenses the first time, and also included a monthly pension, because of all the
damage, from the age of about 15 years old, (no ear protectors worn back then, and for a long time after),
and by then it was far too late.

He was a setter, then a sawyer for years, then went to school to become a saw filer, and continued getting
tickets till he was a benchman, did that till he retired at age 60.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I guess, that after working in a three-man drift crew in the mines some fifty years ago, without ear plugs, for a number of years, my hearing is no worse than that of any other old timer, I must consider myself lucky.

A good hearing aid is a blessing.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
just had a big chat with 'the' husband. He is in favour of inquiring to WCB to see if they will upgrade
his existing hearing aid, (about 10 years old), to the new digital and much improved ones.

they completely covered all expenses the first time, and also included a monthly pension, because of all the
damage, from the age of about 15 years old, (no ear protectors worn back then, and for a long time after),
and by then it was far too late.

He was a setter, then a sawyer for years, then went to school to become a saw filer, and continued getting
tickets till he was a benchman, did that till he retired at age 60.

Great news, talloola.......... hopefully they can reopen his old claim and once he experiences how really good the new aids are, he will use them more often.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Great news, talloola.......... hopefully they can reopen his old claim and once he experiences how really good the new aids are, he will use them more often.

Mowich, the new hearing aids are so good that most people can't imagine what a difference they will make. "Hearing a pin drop"
is certainly not out of the range of the new equipment. I couldn/t believe the difference they would make. I do now.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Grandpa used to have one of those aids that looked like a transistor radio - earplug and all. He'd tell us he was one of the Secret Service so don't scream and yell. Actually, kidscream (and squealing brakes) would magically blast through his head and blow out the earpiece. Amazing how he caught it every time....

Those new ones are awesome!