Humboldt Broncos bus crash

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That's a good sign in the long run. It means a deep wet frost. It'll be a green year in the Boo.

In the meantime, parts of the road are all but impassable unless one has a 4WDR and a lot of space between the bottom of the vehicle and the ruts. I stopped going over to Hawkins because it is just a nightmare and every day it gets worse. Nothing to be done until the frost has finally left the ground.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They blend in so well this time of year, JLM. Everything is shades of brown except the conifers. Yesterday, I passed three different herds of them.
The species of deer that we have in the East is a smaller, more delicate beast but we're up to our armpits in them and travel at dusk just outside of the urban areas requires constant vigilance. A couple of hour's drive North from here and you're in moose country all the way up to the tree line.

Don't hit those. You will not survive it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In the meantime, parts of the road are all but impassable unless one has a 4WDR and a lot of space between the bottom of the vehicle and the ruts. I stopped going over to Hawkins because it is just a nightmare and every day it gets worse. Nothing to be done until the frost has finally left the ground.
Does it make you feel like home?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know how to avoid animals on the highway so I’m already miles ahead of you

You're an Asshole, In almost 60 years of driving, I've never hit an animal bigger than a mole, prickhead! Why don't you just take a long walk off a short pier and end the misery. Useless Kunt!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
In almost 60 years of driving, I've never hit an animal bigger than a mole, prickhead!
Then why do you think deer make the road perilous? Were you just being your usual drama queen self. I suspect you’re just lying because you don’t want to admit that you’re a shitty driver. Most seniors don’t

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Every time I go anywhere with my car I gotta look underneath so I don't run over this little sucker

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What's it like to run into a Mole Prickhead? We don't have those in the East.
LOL, The guy who can't tell the truth about anything;
;)
Jeez.

The eastern Mole

Where it’s been found in Ontario:
Widespread and common in eastern and central North America, the range of the Eastern Mole is restricted to the extreme southwestern part of Ontario.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/eastern-mole

I don't know about running over moles myself ( they would never be seen in the treads of my truck tires), but I do love running over prickheads with the fact wagon.
:)
BTW, just so you know for future reference, "the east" starts much west of here, somewhere around the Mississippi area.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Very good as long as you can DODGE them! :)
I had one clear the hood of my truck at night last fall...he got nailed by the on coming car just after he hit the road as he landed.
:0
Pretty much took out the Beemer's front end - bumper to windshield.