Huffpost: We Need to Save Canada From the Harper Economy

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Not the biggest fan of Stephen Harper, but I can't fault him on his handling of the economy. Most of the stuff that happens with the eoncomy is far beyond Canada's--even America's--capacity to control. I may not agreeee wiht a lot of the cuts, but he pretty much said what he was going to do and then he did it, for the most part. And if trouble does loom on the economy, I think he'd do a better job than either Trudeau or Mulcair.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
According to CTV news the new South Korea does not have a snap back clause like the America has in their free trade agreement has with South Korea which means if there is more cars imported into the US than the other way around then the tariffs go back on. Another example of the Conservatives trying to dismantle the manufacturing base in Ontario and Quebec

So who really cares about quebec? Yhey keep threatening to leave so who in their right mind would invest there?

Milk crate turned upside down.

Another handy furnishing tip: 3 cinder blocks with a plank of 1X4 stretched across makes a fine shelving unit.... Decorated with a variety of empty beer bottles, can be an eye-catching addition if the light manages to filter through the bottles

You been peeking in the window again? Anyway it is not 1X4. That is solid 2X 12 cedar.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Geeeez. You took over from Cobalt Kid? Or are you him?
Every PM we've ever had has had faults. They're politicians. Get over it.
He has a subscription to huffington post and other select news feeds (not Sun or Fox) that comes in his inbox every morning, and he thinks we will all be interested, so, he dutifully passes it on like a good sheeple should:wink:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Lol. I put huff post there as a qualifier for you guys.

Any forum that takes Sun/Fox seriously needs a bit of humour now and then.

Btw, that reddie on Das was not from me.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Lol. I put huff post there as a qualifier for you guys.

Any forum that takes Sun/Fox seriously needs a bit of humour now and then.

Btw, that reddie on Das was not from me.
I seriously doubt that there is a single person in this forum who doesn't know who it's from.........but I'll never tell....

This post will get one soon lol

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yep. Not enough room in this one for a table, so we put an island in the kitchen and we all sit in the dining room. (I have to say this quietly or wifey will hear it and decide that kitchen needs remodelling. So shhhhhhh.

You know what's always nice?... New cabinets, tile and a skylight... And can you please move the window from the South wall to the West one please?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Kinda. I know what she'd want window wise; one facing east instead of west. She'd want granite or slate counter tops, cherry wood cabinets, and maybe maple wood floors (or vice versa). I may do all that one day anyway, hopefully before being asked. The skylight's a good idea.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Kinda. I know what she'd want window wise; one facing east instead of west. She'd want granite or slate counter tops, cherry wood cabinets, and maybe maple wood floors (or vice versa). I may do all that one day anyway, hopefully before being asked. The skylight's a good idea.

I should have posted in purple.... The next logical step was for me to negotiate a box of beer in return for not sending an anonymous letter to your home with the wee suggestion.