How to build a "Green" electric car.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wanted to see if he would put the stupid sandwich comment in when it was his people being starved. Apparently he couldn't bring himself to lay out the same line. No big surprise as that is how a racist acts.

I'm not sure but a green car would sure leave some big gashes on the planet's surface.

Those gashes are there for everything but green cars.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
lmao Recycled stuff comes from places that collect it, not from holes where raw materials come from. Not surprised you can't tell the diff between raw materials and stuff that's been processed, used, and recycled.
It fell from the sky Les?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
It fell from the sky Les?
Unreal. Raw materials for salvaged stuff comes from the ground. Salvaged stuff comes from places where it has been collected. That means when you recycle stuff you have no need to make new holes in the ground to get it. DUH

Do you need to plant new wheat whenever you need to make a loaf of bread? Or do you just skip over to your flour bag for the flour?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
lmao Recycled stuff comes from places that collect it, not from holes where raw materials come from. Not surprised you can't tell the diff between raw materials and stuff that's been processed, used, and recycled.
No kidding, get your Sherlock diploma in a box of popcorn? Which one of those materials can't be found in a salvage place, auto or otherwise. The odds are many vehicles should be able to be converted should the owner wish to get rid of the gas engine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No kidding, get your Sherlock diploma in a box of popcorn? Which one of those materials can't be found in a salvage place, auto or otherwise. The odds are many vehicles should be able to be converted should the owner wish to get rid of the gas engine.
Converted? Are you nuts?

Raw materials for salvaged stuff comes from the ground'
Yeah from the big holes posted above.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Wow... a lot of people missing the point. New "Green" vehicles are not made from recycled material. The fact is, they have a far larger carbon foot print in the manufacturing process than conventional vehicles. At this point in time, they are far from "green" and calling them such is a misnomer.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Wow... a lot of people missing the point. New "Green" vehicles are not made from recycled material. The fact is, they have a far larger carbon foot print in the manufacturing process than conventional vehicles. At this point in time, they are far from "green" and calling them such is a misnomer.
Probably. But speaking for myself, I was referring to this comment:

I'd head for the salvage yard and recycle those materials first.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
:rolleyes: Mining isn't green, recycling is. I know it's a tough thing to figure out, but try anyway.
Smelting is green? Oh yeah only in Trail.

It's nice to see somebody with some sense.