Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Re: RE: How Old Are You?

sha_zapple said:
I figure theres going to be more people under 30 cause were the 'tech generation'. I cant see my parents having much of an interest in forums.

Shows ya how wrong you can be. Can your parents read?

Your parents have probably been too busy working their asses off to support you and are unable to take time for forums.

:idea:

PS I'm 62. Have been visiting forums off and on for about 20 years, since I bought my first computer. Guess that shoots your pat little theory all to ratshit don't it?? :roll:

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
yeesh, such hostility from all the old folks! :p

I suppose the poll sofar does show me to be wrong, although political discussion forums would have a higher average age than most. Young people do come to forums a lot, just not these kind.
My parents just arn't interested in forums although they are computer literate. Both my parents are over 50 and have plenty of free time (my dads on ebay most of the time!)

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
Most of us youngins (my friends at least) dont seem to be interested in political discussion (the main reason why I joined, although I've read other parts obviously).

From the automotive enthusiast websites I visit (in my sig) Id guess the average age would be 25. It definitly depends on the content of the webpage, but on average I still think a forum user would be 35.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
33, as far as I remember, I have trouble remembering exactly how old I am since it never really matters for anything anymore

I am a bit surprised myself by the age of some of the members here, I thought I was one of the "old guard" but apparently I ain't nowhere near that... COOL :D