How many languages do you speak?

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
Emil Krebs, an interpreter who understood 100 languages and learned armenian in 9 weeks.
Carlos Do Amaral Friere is a Brazilian linguist: He can easily translate 60 languages .
Do these people have unusual brain wiring?
in 2003 German neuroscientists examined the postmortem brain of Emil krebs and found that the area of his brain that governed speech didn't have the same asymmetry as monolingual speakers.

Interesting !! ha?

I think life circumstances is a reason for someone to or not to learn languages.

hey glossprincess you can add carina (pretty girl) and Carino (handsome guy)to ur italian list of words :)

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
English (of course)
French I can read and communicate ok in.
Spainish I used to be better with but I can still pick up some things here and there.
Italian because of my French and Spainish I pick up on some of the Latin between them. ;-)

Thats really about it. I am trying to learn a very little German.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
English, French and Esperanto fluently.

Studying Chinese, Arabic and Persian (though I can get by in basic Chinese and my chinese is MUCH better than my Arabic and Persian; too busy two study the last two lately, but will get onto it as soon as I have more free time).

Interesting, I noticed Arabic showed up quite a few times. What's causing all the interest?

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
0 too bad 10 very good

languages ....... English French Russian Tajik Uzbek others
speaking ...........4........ 4....... 4....... 8...... 6 ......0
understanding ....4........ 4....... 5....... 8...... 7 ......2
writing .............5........ 4........ 4...... 6...... 6 ......2
reading .............6........ 5....... 5...... 10..... 9 ......2

basicly, I'm not perfect in any languages, even though I master 5 of them and some others. :downtown:

FascistCanuck

May 23, 2006
As your new fascist leader of Canada, I would seek to abolish French as a national language. It is too divisive and a completely irrelevant language. As one may have seen posted here, very few people speak it hence it would not do well in the current World Order. As your leader, I would demand that only English be spoken. No exceptions. All French schools would be reopened as English-only schools under my rule.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: My Languages

It would be quite a cumbersome task to acquire a majority government, FascistCanuck, if one would discount each of the seventy-five seats in the House of Commons for the Province of Québec. Je suggerais que beacoup de personnes sur Canadian Content peuvent parler en français (au moins, assez pour avoir une conversation); c'est, après tous, une langue du Canada.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: My Languages

On the topic of languages:
  • I can speak English;
  • Je peux parler en français (plus ou moins), eh;
  • 私は日本語をべあんきょうします。(watashi wa nihon-go wo benkyou shimasu)

FascistCanuck

May 23, 2006
Re: RE: My Languages

FiveParadox said:
It would be quite a cumbersome task to acquire a majority government, FascistCanuck, if one would discount each of the seventy-five seats in the House of Commons for the Province of Québec. Je suggerais que beacoup de personnes sur Canadian Content peuvent parler en français (au moins, assez pour avoir une conversation); c'est, après tous, une langue du Canada.

I am fully aware of the role Quebec must play in my rise to power but trust me, I have that planned out. I never forget Quebec in my plans. Just remember, if ever I gain power in Canada, Quebec will cease to exist as an entity.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
FascistCanuck said:
As your new fascist leader of Canada, I would seek to abolish French as a national language. It is too divisive and a completely irrelevant language. As one may have seen posted here, very few people speak it hence it would not do well in the current World Order. As your leader, I would demand that only English be spoken. No exceptions. All French schools would be reopened as English-only schools under my rule.

How the h**l are you? "As your leader,", are you talking about your dreams? You know there is diffirence between the dream and reality these days?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: How many languages do you speak?

glossprincess said:
I speak English (fluently), French (quite well), a TINY bit of German, some Swiss German and a miniscule amount of Hungarian. And I can count to 10 in Italian :D :D :D

Achjö, kahnsst dü schwiezertüütch verstorn? Dah späeter koönten wir üf de echt geil tütche spraache rede.