How Forums is changing our world.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Its subject to opinion.

I see 1980 as the first year of Gen-Y but i have be wrong in the past.
A long time ago....... only once >.< lol =)

You're Gen X... welcome to the new Baby Bombers...

They felt misunderstood by their parents too. This is nothing new.

/Face Palm

Ok you win. we simply are lazy. you have us all figuered out. =)

I never thought us Gen Xers were lazy. Maybe Gen Y's... but not Xers like you and I.

You are an X dude. We all get old.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I don't know why the baby boomers think they are so well off. Most of the things that they sweat and bled for, I have. And, they will be paid for before I'm 50. plus, there are so many more technologies and comforts that I am able to easily afford that wasnt invented in their day.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Really? I'm 43. They pulled swoop ass off the shelves in 72 because of Yellow Dye No.5 long before I paid attention to my oldman who constantly went off about virtues of self achievment, ambition, confidence, monetary saving, investment and pride which helped me set my ass and my kid's ass up for life.

Yer old man was smart. I figure it runs in your family. Fer a kid yer allright.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
OP, I fear that online forums have their own version of 30 second sound bites. Here is what I mean by that: most of us have become ADD when it comes to surfing our social media. Websites like twitter support the idea that if we are expected to read too much, we are likely to get distracted.... ".....squirrel!....." :)

Unfortunately, this can sometimes ruin a good debate, because if the content isn't in the last 100 words,then it is almost like some people don't know it exists

With a thread that is polarizing, I find it a shame that some peope will actually use the ADD thing as a debating strategy. They debate the last few posts instead of debating the whole issue/thread.