How did anybody actually believe Obama?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I was about to add to my above post, but you replied too quickly :p

I was going to also say that his message went flat pretty quickly..... but it's not like the Republicans didn't help with that by opposing just about everything his tried to do. Oppose everything the Democrats plan to do, make it all fail and in turn, point the finger at the Democrats for not getting anything done and make them look incompetent.

Good points that are clearly lost on the OP.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Bush got all the legislative support he wanted from a highly cooperative Congress.

By contrast, Republicans obstructed the Obama agenda. Of course this is no surprise considering how some went on record as saying they wanted Obama's administration to fail.

That excuse only goes so far.

Obama had control of both Houses until the mid term.. On a number of issues he could not compel all of the representatives in the Dem Party to vote his legislation through.

That failure falls directly on the shoulders of the Dems and/or Obama

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
For me, the "offness" about the President of the United States of America was more than obvious, yet he has swindled almost every other person on the planet. How can this be possible? He has moved far beyond the left-right paradigm... Yet he was elected for a second term.

How did such a tyrant make his way into such a position? It must be some good juice, because I didn't even get a sip, not even from the beginning of the Obama-kool-aid-fest.
Your criticism is over the top.
You should take your meds before you post.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
captain morgan; said:
That excuse only goes so far.

Obama had control of both Houses until the mid term.. On a number of issues he could not compel all of the representatives in the Dem Party to vote his legislation through.

That failure falls directly on the shoulders of the Dems and/or Obama

This was because of DINOcrats or Blue Dog Democrats who joined with Republicans in stopping some (but not all) of the Obama agenda. Significantly, many of those BDD's lost political office thereafter:

Blue Dog Coalition membership experienced a rapid decline in the 2010s, now having 19 seats in the 113th Congress.[4]

source: wiki

Perhaps if they had supported Obama his agenda would have succeeded and those BDD dupes would still be employed in Washington, DC.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
In 2008 I immediately saw Obama as a shyster lawyer/politician/chameleon. He was an expression of the culture itself and the degraded character of a people. He was reelected in 2012 because he demonized an establishment moderate as a dog abuser who killed some guy's wife.

Things aren't going very well for either Obama or the USA. In many ways the Americans are getting exactly what they deserve. If schadenfreude were a cup it would be running over.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This was because of DINOcrats or Blue Dog Democrats who joined with Republicans in stopping some (but not all) of the Obama agenda. Significantly, many of those BDD's lost political office thereafter:

Blue Dog Coalition membership experienced a rapid decline in the 2010s, now having 19 seats in the 113th Congress.[4]

Perhaps if they had supported Obama his agenda would have succeeded and those BDD dupes would still be employed in Washington, DC.
Who's fault is that ?

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
The US Constitution was designed to be cumbersome in order to prevent the accumulation of political power in any single branch of the govt. Except in emergencies, the Constitution only permits action if consensus is reached. Consensus requires, among other things, effective persuasion.

President Obama has, in the absence of emergency, accumulated power in the executive branch by refusing to enforce laws with which he disagrees. Take the Defense of Marriage Act(DOMA)as an example. Without regard to the merits of DOMA, Obama unilaterally decided not to enforce DOMA before the Supreme Court ruled on the matter. The same is true of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) where Obama unilaterally suspended the Employer Mandate. Obama's refusal to enforce the laws controlling the southern border are another example. These were not matters of administrative discretion.

In using "his pen and his phone" Obama has effectively seized power from the legislative branch and arrogated it to the executive branch. In this manner Obama has established a precedent that will be used by all subsequent presidents and placed the Republic on a new political trajectory.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why would anybody believe any politician. Obama is just a hand puppet of the ruling elite, a face on a cereal box, a cartoon character for "democracy, just like all the presidents before him going back to Tricky D!cky.

Nah, nuthin like Tricky ****y. That f**ker was one of a kind! I found him repulsive as a human being let alone a president!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Working in a shop full of limbo-heads I have to hear this tired ole bs all day long. My answer? I went down to Frys and bought me a little radio some ear buds and I tune it out by listening to music while I work.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Ever think maybe they didn't want his agenda to succeed?

This is funny. You sound EXACTLY like a teabagger screaming "RINO!" at a Republiklan who declines to go along with Boehner's latest lunacy. You accuse Republiklans of being lock-step, marching morons, then excoriate Dumbocrats who choose not to be lock-step, marching morons.

Funniest part of all is you don't even see it. Coz you're RIGHT! And you have Da Troof on your side!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

This is funny. You sound EXACTLY like a teabagger screaming "RINO!" at a Republiklan who declines to go along with Boehner's latest lunacy. You accuse Republiklans of being lock-step, marching morons, then excoriate Dumbocrats who choose not to be lock-step, marching morons.

Funniest part of all is you don't even see it. Coz you're RIGHT! And you have Da Troof on your side!
Teabagger like faggot is a slur used by homophobes.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I had only heard of Barack Obama weeks before he did his speech in Berlin.

ummmmmmm......

I'm not sure if you're citing his first speech in 2008 or last years but that fact that

" You had never heard of the First (half) Black President of the USA' getting elected (2008) or being re-elected (2012) " qualifies your critique of him........

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Who's fault is that ?

Don't entirely know for sure but if some comments on democraticunderground are accurate, evidently those Blue Dogs Dems did not get full support (whether votes or financing) from libs in their own party. This was done because those BDDs failed to give support to Obama. Therefore, it is highly possible that the BDD support for the Republican anti-Obama agenda cost them their jobs.

Tecumsehsbones; said:

Looks like you've been drinking from the same trough as Republican Dark Beaver. I hope you've taken an antidote and have been relieved of your hangover.