how bout dem leafs

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Rather exciting time for Leaf's fans, spam. 6 wins for the team with this latest against the Wild - Rock on Leafs. Reimer came through big for the team too stopping all but one of the Wild's 38 shots - Way to go, James. Seems everyone is still talking about the Leafs being outshot but bottom line is that they made good on 4 of those 14 chances and won the game. Go, Leafs, Go!
reimer had a better game. they need to get more shots on goal.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Jim McKenny’s daughter killed in car accident
10/20/2013 08:59 PM Christine Chubb

The daughter of former Toronto Maple Leaf and CityNews sportscaster Jim McKenny has tragically been killed in a car accident in Australia.
Mia Valentine died on Saturday following a crash near her home in Brisbane.
Long-time friend and former co-worker CityNews anchor Gord Martineau said he learned the news Sunday morning.
“I found out this morning when Jim, or Howie as we know him best, called me and gave me the bad news,” he explained. “I am as upset as anyone else.”
Martineau said McKenny and his wife Christine are now on their way to Australia.
“Howie loved his children, his son Jason and his daughter Mia,” said Martineau. “Having one of them taken away has just been devastating to him and Christine.”
McKenny, who was born in Ottawa, spent 10 years in the NHL as a defenceman and winger with the Leafs and the Minnesota North Stars before joining the CityNews team in 1984, where he worked for 25 years.
“Jim was part of our City family for many years and was loved by everyone so we are all very upset about this,” said Martineau.
He added that the thoughts and prayers of the entire CityNews staff are with McKenny and his wife right now.
Police have released very little information about the crash.
If you’d like to send your condolences to McKenny and his family please leave them in the comments below.
Jim McKenny’s daughter killed in car accident | CityNews

Daughter of Jim McKenny killed in car accident

October 20, 2013
The daughter of former Toronto Maple Leaf and CityNews sportscaster Jim McKenny has tragically been killed in a car accident in Australia.
Daughter of Jim McKenny killed in car accident | CityNews

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Seems the only games I get to watch lately without them conflicting with another sport is the Leafs, spam and I am really enjoying them this year. Didn't watch much of the game last night as I wanted to see the Red Sox win their first World Series since 1918 so I switched back and forth during commercials. Am really impressed with what Phil Kessel is doing so far. Go, Leafs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That's good and even better maybe an Edmonton win over Cgy. if they can pull it off! The main thing is Canadian teams winning, whoever the opponent is!

That's good and even better maybe an Edmonton win over Cgy. if they can pull it off! The main thing is Canadian teams winning, whoever the opponent is!

I love it, Edmonton just beat Calgary!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
we barely won, with 50 shots on goal. :shock:

The problem is that Carlyle has them go into "defensive" mode when they have the lead. As was proven in game #7 versus Boston last year, this is not the way to go about it. They need to keep attacking, which will keep the opposing team on their heels.

With regards to shot total, I'm not too worried about it. A lot of the shots are easy ones from the perimeter. I think the Leafs had more "quality" shots than the Capitals did. And I am loving the way Reimer is playing this year! .949 save %! Sweet!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

It could have been worse. It's amazing the lack of consistency with regards to punishment doled out by Shannahan. Players that have done far worse than his hit don't even get suspended! It seems the Bruins are often the ones to benefit from this. Of course, I don't think Thornton will be getting off lightly. With his in-person hearing on Friday, he faces a minimum of six games (and he better get a hell of a lot more than that!). There have been a lot of dirty hits this year. It's pretty bad! They need to get rid of the Instigator rule. That would perhaps curtail some of the nasty shenanigans that they're trying to get away with.

I'm not looking forward to the next few games. LA, St. Louis, Chicago? Yikes! And LA smoked Montreal 6-0 tonight.