Hot discussion on C.B.C. radio!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So.. what are the arguments that "expectant" fathers should get their own parking spaces?

To compensate for the terrible stress and strain they are under, as you probably know women are not normal when they are pg.

he said he is not ... :)

Oh well, that clinches it then, he is definitely not. -:) -:) -:) -:) (and the Kennedys aren't gun shy)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
So.. what are the arguments that "expectant" fathers should get their own parking spaces?
For all the exhausting work. Ab strains. Hip flexor pain and all the aches from doing gyrating planks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I mostly just hate going into stores. The day I can do my regular grocery shop from my computer I will do the dance of joy.

You can and always could. Walmart.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I mostly just hate going into stores. The day I can do my regular grocery shop from my computer I will do the dance of joy.

Hey, going back about 65 years I can remember my Mum phoning the local Red and White grocery store in the morning and having her order delivered in the afternoon or the next day. -:) Probably faster than you can do on any computer!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
sorry, my apologies, I thought you were being flippant...if they have the pregnant person with them, sure they should park there.

expectant or family parking spots are like handicapped parking which are to save pregnant people from having to walk across a huge parking lot which could be hot or icy or add steps (dangerous)

also family spots are to save hassles for families

So then what's the point? If the expectant father needs the expectant mother with him, then you just use the expectant mother parking spot already in place.

The problem is that, especially in the later term, expectant mothers often times don't want to make their way out to get something and send their partners out to get things..... And from my experience we need to hurry our azzes up.... We can't do that very easily when we have to travel a football field sized parking lot to get what she needs and then walk all the way back + drive back.

And I know I sure as hell had to make multiple trips out in one day.

Now if it is Hot or Icy out, you have your risks of injury and other complications validated.

Otherwise our 9 month pregnant partners can get off their lazy azzes and get that tub of Oreo ice cream and 100 pack of Tums themselves if they want it so bad.

Now with that all out of the way, what they have here in Australia are the Handicap spots, Emergency Crew Spots and you have spots that are pink and show a stroller. So long as you have a car seat in the back of the car, man or woman can park there even if you don't have the kid with you.

Of course that can easily be abused but it still avoids the whole gender issue.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So then what's the point? If the expectant father needs the expectant mother with him, then you just use the expectant mother parking spot already in place.

The problem is that, especially in the later term, expectant mothers often times don't want to make their way out to get something and send their partners out to get things..... And from my experience we need to hurry our azzes up.... We can't do that very easily when we have to travel a football field sized parking lot to get what she needs and then walk all the way back + drive back.

And I know I sure as hell had to make multiple trips out in one day.

Now if it is Hot or Icy out, you have your risks of injury and other complications validated.

Otherwise our 9 month pregnant partners can get off their lazy azzes and get that tub of Oreo ice cream and 100 pack of Tums themselves if they want it so bad.

Now with that all out of the way, what they have here in Australia are the Handicap spots, Emergency Crew Spots and you have spots that are pink and show a stroller. So long as you have a car seat in the back of the car, man or woman can park there even if you don't have the kid with you.

Of course that can easily be abused but it still avoids the whole gender issue.
lol...make her a sammich, it'll be okay...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So then what's the point?

Equality's the point, son. That's why I'm launching a multi-gazillion dollar class action lawsuit to end this horrible discrimination. Right along with my class action suits on behalf of men who can't get their birth control pills paid for by the government, and women can't get testicular cancer screening paid for by the government.

It's discrimination, and Obama is to blame.