Hiroshima and Nagasaki... Was it necessary?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
EagleSmack

There is so much evidence that a majority of the top U.S. military leaders were opposed to atom bombing Japan that it is a wonder that it got done. I would believe Eisenhower long before I would believe a lot of people, including Truman. The quotes above were not from the memoirs of old men. They are quotes of that time....when the deed was done

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
EagleSmack

There is so much evidence that a majority of the top U.S. military leaders were opposed to atom bombing Japan that it is a wonder that it got done. I would believe Eisenhower long before I would believe a lot of people, including Truman. The quotes above were not from the memoirs of old men. They are quotes of that time....when the deed was done

There again I have shown you from the words of the Japanese Emperor himself as to why they were surrendering.

Also... this was an obvious cut and paste that you did which is fine as mine was too. However you are saying that these were quotes that were made "at the time". They sure do not sound it nor is there a date marked on when it was said. But it fits your agenda so you make it up. That is your M.O. It always has been. You picked out a few quotes and make the assumption that the majority were against it. I bet you the majority did not even now about it.

Japan was told to surrender. They said no... they would fight to the death. They were nuked. They surrendered.

The bomb MADE Japan surrender. The bomb ENDED the war.

smilingfish

Just a tiny fish
Dec 13, 2006
I'm from China and I know had it not for these two bombs, way much more(compare to the number died in these two cities) Chinese people would have died. And then the US would still have to throw some bombs, maybe even more than two, because China was not the only thing they wanted.

That was for the best.

I didn't feel anything when I was watching the documentary of it.

smilingfish

Just a tiny fish
Dec 13, 2006
And because of their invasion, KMT's army was weakened badly, and then the CCP grabbed the oppotunity. That's how the nightmare begins.

Reactions: EagleSmack