Hillary's Election Night Meltdown

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Of course the democrats never play the media manipulation game .

Just about everbody plays the game, all the more necessary for a healthy dose of skepticism and some prudent research. It's becoming such a widely used tactic that you don't know who to trust any more.

That was the Hillary strategy. Rather than address issues they thought they could win with the 'look how bad Trump is' campaign. Didn't work.

But the same strategy sure worked for Trump. Perhaps because he realized that truth and honesty aren't essential ingredients in a modern PR strategy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That was the Hillary strategy. Rather than address issues they thought they could win with the 'look how bad Trump is' campaign. Didn't work.

Good thing too. She'd have been a disaster, flavoured with remnants of Old Bill! :)

But the same strategy sure worked for Trump. Perhaps because he realized that truth and honesty aren't essential ingredients in a modern PR strategy.

Has truth and honesty ever worked for any politician? That's why honest people don't get into politics. At least not since Diefenbaker and old Stanley Knowles. I guess Tommy Douglas was another one of the old ilk!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

When I was in the states in September, I saw both campaign ads. While Trump did have some negative ads, he also was hammering his talking point about jobs. This was in OH and PA so maybe the flavor of the ads was different there but Hilary ads were all about how bad Trump was. Nothing about what she would do or was planning or why she was a better choice. Obviously the Democrats thought this was the winning strategy. Clearly they were wrong.

And no politician is 100% truthful. If they were, they wouldn't be elected more than likely.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
When I was in the states in September, I saw both campaign ads. While Trump did have some negative ads, he also was hammering his talking point about jobs. This was in OH and PA so maybe the flavor of the ads was different there but Hilary ads were all about how bad Trump was. Nothing about what she would do or was planning or why she was a better choice. Obviously the Democrats thought this was the winning strategy. Clearly they were wrong.

Trump ran the same campaign of defamation and slander, but in a much more subversive manner. It's coming to light now what a massively successful campaign of fake news and general discontent was spread through internet "news" sites and social media. Don't make the mistake of underestimating the man's capability for devious scheming.

Granted, with his business background he'll probably do okay by the American economy, but it will be a typically right wing work harder/work for less reality that trickles down to the working class voter which, ironically, was his core of support among voters. The end result will be that businesses will flourish. I'll be moving a chunk of my portfolio into American equities.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Trump ran the same campaign of defamation and slander, but in a much more subversive manner. It's coming to light now what a massively successful campaign of fake news and general discontent was spread through internet "news" sites and social media. Don't make the mistake of underestimating the man's capability for devious scheming.

Granted, with his business background he'll probably do okay by the American economy, but it will be a typically right wing work harder/work for less reality that trickles down to the working class voter which, ironically, was his core of support among voters. The end result will be that businesses will flourish. I'll be moving a chunk of my portfolio into American equities.

Speaking of fake news, there was plenty of that from both sides.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And no politician is 100% truthful. If they were, they wouldn't be elected more than likely.
I don't buy that anymore than I buy that crooked bankers were born and not made. If it is a slow wear you down process then would Trump's move to limit terms be a step in the right direction in that you retire before that process makes you crooked. The question would be should it be at the start of your working career or at the end when you have a lot of personal experience under your belt. I say end of career would be better for the voters.

(left unsaid is lack of a lengthy criminal record requirement at the later age)

Speaking of fake news, there was plenty of that from both sides.
Is that a rumor or a memo?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Bill Clinton was furious about that with Mook and Podesta. He was telling them all along that type of campaign is not going to work.

Hillary's staff didn't get that message and the Democrats still aren't getting the message.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
In every debate I saw, Trump started out treating Hillary with the utmost of respect until she started with her sarcastic comments. I didn't see a lot of the 2nd debate but that was certainly the case in the other two.

I didn't watch the debates, but I did watch the debate highlights and the coverage of the numerous slanders and insults the Dumpster hurled Clinton's way. Actually believing that the Dumpster was even remotely courteous to anyone during the primaries and the actual election simply shows you were not paying the lightest bit of attention to the news.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I didn't watch the debates, but I did watch the debate highlights and the coverage of the numerous slanders and insults the Dumpster hurled Clinton's way. Actually believing that the Dumpster was even remotely courteous to anyone during the primaries and the actual election simply shows you were not paying the lightest bit of attention to the news.
What in the hell is the matter with you? Don't you know ~ it's going to be a beautiful thing ~ Troomp

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Oh, I think I was..............................didn't miss too much it, caught enough to get the general mood and theme!:) :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Thing about highlights is they take 2 hours of tape and chop out 1:59 of it and give you 1 minute that is the most exciting and/or what they want you to hear from the debate.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thing about highlights is they take 2 hours of tape and chop out 1:59 of it and give you 1 minute that is the most exciting and/or what they want you to hear from the debate.

Yep, one minute when things are anything but normal!:) When Trump was "on her case" he didn't pull punches... just told it like it is, contrary to Hillary's snide, sarcastic, supercilious, sneaky way she has about her.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
But you didn't watch the debate and the news told you what Trump said . And you believe the news why ?

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
But you didn't watch the debate and the news told you what Trump said . And you believe the news why ?

I DID watch the debates. What Trump said about Clinton was all truth. What Clinton said about Trump was a lot of rubbish, innuendo and rumors.
There's a difference.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA