Hero dog saves family from fire

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It gets better...

Blind, Deaf, 3-Legged Dog Named 'True' Saves Oklahoma Family From House Fire

Katie Crosley and her baby son, Jace, lost everything in an house fire, but they survived thanks to a heroic three-legged, blind and deaf dog, KFOR reports.

Crosley had no idea that an electrical short set her Grady County, Okla., cabin aflame as she slept soundly on Sunday morning, but her disabled Dachshund, True, sensed the danger, according to the news outlet. The rescue dog woke his owner, and she was able to get out of the burning house with her baby, Jace.

“We’re thankful for him,” Crosley told KFOR of True. “This could have been a bad deal.”

more

Blind, Deaf, 3-Legged Dog Named 'True' Saves Oklahoma Family From House Fire

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
This kind of reminds me of the thread with the mom who woke up her family from a fire and was called a hero for it. Do people expect their dogs won't ask to be let out of the house when there's a fire? Of course the dog woke you up. It can't open the front door.

Now don't get me wrong... I would shower my dog with love and affection and brag my story up to every person I met if this had ever happened to us..... I just don't think I'd run off to the papers about it.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
This kind of reminds me of the thread with the mom who woke up her family from a fire and was called a hero for it. Do people expect their dogs won't ask to be let out of the house when there's a fire? Of course the dog woke you up. It can't open the front door.

Now don't get me wrong... I would shower my dog with love and affection and brag my story up to every person I met if this had ever happened to us..... I just don't think I'd run off to the papers about it.

Yahbutt: What if your dog was blind, deaf, dumb, and had only two legs??

Did she run off to the papers or were they investigating a story. Guess I'd better read the OP..................sigh.:roll:

And it had no teeth, eh. no teeth. what then?

OK, read the OP, phoned the TV station, and they were in fact chasing down a human interest lead.

Hopefully some people will kick in with some money as they were left destitute by this.

Tis unlike Karrie not to give the benefit of the doubt. Musta had a bad day. :-(

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I had the exact same thought when I read the thread title.

But, in the end, had to give it up for the blind, deaf, three-legged pooch. lol